Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 3/16/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this mascara, and don't understand the negative reviews. I mainly look for volume when I purchase a mascara, and this one has not disappointed me. The length is good as well. There has not been any smudging, fallout, clumping, or anything of that nasty stuff. I recently got a high end mascara (that was obviously fairly expensive) and I think this Maybelline one was far better. I bought my first tube of mascara when I was twelve years old, many years ago. I have come to realize that price doesn't always mean something is the best quality. Here is my relatively inexpensive Maybelline, and it just performs far better. In general, I think drugstore makeup has come a long way. I'm going to stick with what works for me, and this is it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It doesnt work for my Asian short, straight eyelashes very much
Not too much volume nor length
And worst of all, it doesnt hold the culr at all!!

on 3/12/2015 12:01:00 AM

the mascara itselff is a pretty decent, average mascara. the wand shape is nice and gives good length and volume. however, the smell is so bad i could not stand to use it. would not buy again only becausr the smell is so horrible

on 3/7/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. I buy it all the time and love it. For my lashes it definitely volumizes and lengthens. I've gotten asked many times if I was wearing false lashes or if those were my real lashes, and what mascara I was wearing. I do have long lashes but this mascara definitely takes them to another level and I love it!

on 3/7/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have repurchased this so many times. I love it
It adds volume to every mascara i put on top of it!
I purchase the waterproof version bc it stays all day, although I wouldn't swim in it. Also, I don't have to tug to get it off which is a big plus
it doesn't clump on me at all.
very easy to find this on sale and use coupons to make it even cheaper

I put their illegal lengths mascara on first, then this on top and my lashes look soooo good. I've been doing that pair for YEARS and no other mascara has come close to the same look.

I am a mascara floater, my lashes are naturally pretty long and thick so my usual way of purchasing a new mascara is to scoure the drugstore shelves for those on offer (I occasionally treat myself to a high end mascara).

About a year and a half ago I purchased Rimmels Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara and fell head over heels, I wouldn't touch any other mascara. A few months ago I ran out, frantically drove to Boots only to find it was out of stock, weird for a mascara I've never had trouble getting hold of, so I went to Superdrug, the same problem, and I think my worst fears are reality..I THINK ITS BEEN DISCONTINUED!

Ever since I've been on the hunt for something to come close to that mascara. Then I came across Maybelline Colossal and it was like rewinding back to my high school days! This was all the rave back in 2011/2012, everyone I knew used this mascara and we all loved it! My best friend still swears by this mascara and it was on a classic 3 for 2 offer so I thought why not?!

I love this mascara, partly because it reminds me of being back at school and the old, carefree me but mostly because it gives such amazing length and volume! I can now see why this mascara is still such a popular one!

Very black, easy to apply, very dramatic finish and overall such a great great mascara! Don't over apply though as this mascara can and will go clumpy if you apply too much!

Still not as breathtaking as my Rimmel Lycra Flex but it's a really great temporary replacement until I find my one and only and I'm really glad I repurchased this after such a long time of forgetting about it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara is the WORST I've ever used. For months, my eyes were ridiculously itchy and by midday my contact lenses were so blurry I literally couldn't see anything. I couldn't figure out what the problem was until one day I forgot to put on mascara. Boom. Like a light bulb went off. Flakes of the mascara would fall into my eye and onto my lenses, actually BLINDING me. I remember freaking out on public transit because I couldn't see. Even after a few minutes of having it on, people would tell me they could see black specks on my lenses. How embarrassing! I also spent so many uncomfortable nights rubbing at my eyes because of how itchy they were. Ever since I stopped using this mascara, I haven't had any of those problems. It's a shame because one of my good friends, who also wears lenses, uses this with no problem and her lashes look great. I'd be fine if it was just the itchiness that bothered me because that meant I must've been allergic to it, but the extreme flaking is unacceptable. And it wasn't just one faulty tube that I tried. I used this mascara for many months until I realized it was the culprit. I don't know, if it works for you then awesome. As for me, I'll stick to the Great Lash mascara.

This mascara is awesome as far as volume and holding curl. However, it smells like a butt. At first I was going to just deal with it because the mascara is so great and I figured it would just go away when it dried, but it continued to stink for like 30 minutes after I applied it. I'm sad about it but I can't repurchase this.

on 2/26/2015 8:39:00 AM

this mascara is nearly there!

i bought it on holiday because i'd forgotten my other mascara and was surprised at how much i liked it (usually i'm pretty picky with mascara - i have clump paranoia which i am sure many of you can relate to).

pros:
it does the job and it does it well!
it's pretty affordable considering the quality
lasts the whole day
no irritation

cons:
can get a liiiiittle clumpy if you're not applying it slowly and carefully
at the end of the day it might start to flake a tiny bit (only a tiny bit though)
doesn't come off in the shower (maybe this is a good thing? i guess it means it's super long lasting!)
it has the weirdest smell ever! i don't know if it was just the batch i got or something but mine smells like this weird combination of irises and chemicals. the smell doesn't transfer to your lashes as far as i can tell but it was just very odd!

so it is NEARLY my hg of mascara but just not quite because of a few quirks. overall i like it though!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Works better when the formula dries up a bit, or else it's too wet and droopy for my asian lashes