December 21, 2014 | 1088 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Not sure. yes only have used it a couple times. Does make my lashes longer and dark but no different from Cover Girl lash blast in the orange tube which I think I may like better. I really don't like the smell of this though it goes away. Will use for a while and re do the review. Nothing too special so far did not flake too much which is a pro but really hate the smell! Update: after using a few times I realize I really really hate the smell and works no where as good to Cover Girl Lash Blast!!! Nope won't be buying again... In fact I threw it away!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by 13jhlee

I love this mascara! i like to switch around between mascaras but i always end up coming back to this one. it lengthens, and gives volume and i have short asian lashes. the wand is pretty big but it really works! after 2-3 coats my lashes look as good as they're going to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by mariloureiro

- People always ask if my lashes are real, because they look so long when I'm wearing it.
- Gives lots of volume.
- Good price.

- If not applied correctly it looks and feels bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like a dry, stinky bumblebee...

I prefer Great Lash (I know, I'm in the minority there!). I'm giving it a go but honestly, it doesn't do much for my lashes at all. I didn't care for the flaking either.

I'd try other Maybelline mascara's but sadly I can't get along with this one! Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneLosersGF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Many people take off stars because they don't know how to properly use this brush. Which in return, gives clumpy, spidery looking lashes. You have to take the brush, start at the root, and zigzag out. Really if you don't do that it won't end well. But that is a great mascara! It doesn't clump, give spider lashes, it separates extremely well actually! I don't have a single pair of lashes stuck together. It gives length, BUT, although it does make my lashes look a bit more full, I'm going to try combining others just to see I I can make them look just a tad more fuller. The smell is pretty strong but it wears off. It really doesn't flake that much, but if it does just a swipe of the finger does it. Other than that it's actually a great mascara:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a great mascara if u don't like dramatic clumpy lashes. It lengthens your lashes and separates them and provides a bit of thickness to them :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

This mascara provides great volume! It thickens my lashes so much without clumping and looking nasty. It adds nice length and makes my lashes look volumised and dark! I would reccomend to anyone who wants bold, soft long lashes! I curl my lashes everyday and apply about 2 coats of this and it holds the curl really well and makes my lashes feathery and flutter. One con, the formula is a little too dry for me, but I am used to wetter formulas. This is my new favourite and I've only used it twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by beautylover212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really excited about buying this product at first as I heard good things about it. I think the packaging is cute, just like all the other Maybelline mascara's! But I really disliked this product. I find the smell of the mascara quite strong, also I found the mascara VERY clumpy and it would make my lashes stick together too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite mascaras for layering! The wand is dense and does a good job at distributing mascara evenly, sometimes the tip gets too much product and you have to scrape it on the tube. I layer this with several other mascaras and this one is my favorite. It is dark and pigmented and the formula is thin enough as not to clump up on my lashes. I work it in right at the root from underneath and gently roll the wand up while wiggling back and forth in my lashes. I don't usually apply to the top of my lashes unless I have time to comb it out with a metal lash comb before it dries. It dries hard but not too brittle. It is not flaky on its own but I sometimes find myself picking it off my eyelashes and then it is flaky, for obvious reasons. It smells faintly like flowers but isn't overpowering. I haven't had any issues with it irritating my eyes (my eyes aren't usually sensitive to mascara, though). I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good drugstore brand mascara. I even bought my best friend a tube to add to her Christmas gift (which was a bag full of makeup, go figure!). A great product for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by spawling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mascara for 2 months or so (waterproof version). My favorite mascara dried out and I decided to try a new mascara off a whim. Here are some pro's and cons of the mascara:
Pro's:
-Formula is a nice consistency
-It lengthens lashes
-A good dark shade
-Wand is decent and helps separate lashes

Cons:
-Smudges on the lower lash line (flakes)
-Can get clumpy
-Doesn't provide that much volume.

Basically this mascara is a meh for me. It is pretty affordable I give it that. It's just disappointing that a mascara that advertises itself to be the voluminous jesus basically does almost nothing for my lashes. Yes it does lengthen, darken and ever so slightly volumizes my lashes but it doesn't do enough. It's a basic, everyday mascara. Nothing special. It sucks that it smudges even though I'm using the waterproof formula. Also if I try to apply more coats of this mascara it will basically turn into a clumpy mess. This mascara works great when applied on top of another one to work together but what's the point of that? I want a mascara that could volumize on its own without needing the help of another. Overall I wouldn't repurchase but I won't say I regret the purchase. The waterproof version holds a curl well and gives a nice natural look to the lashes but it just doesn't add enough volume for my liking. I don't think it's terrible it's just not what I'm looking for. I would say to try it out because with this mascara I feel like it would be different for everyone.