April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this yesterday for the first time. The ends of my hair I noticed are getting a little dry. I do straightened maybe once a week so the damage is from that. I have to say that it did make my hair feel softer. I noticed the difference more in the upper half of my hair but overall my hair did feel softer.

It was a little messy and difficult to apply. Wrapped my hair in a plastic bag for an hour since I didnt have a shower cap. Will probably continue this once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by raisinbagels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS WORKS SO WELL! Made my hair feel really soft. I've tried just an olive oil pre-wash mask and it doesn't work half as well as this.

Background: I have fine hair, slightly wavy, generally dry but looks deceptively smooth still. However, it has been feeling quite dry and straw-like to the touch in recent years. I decided to try this recipe and it really makes my hair feel soft! However, it probably won't make your hair perfect and doesn't really seem to be helping with flyaways and slight frizzyness which I think is due to weather. I managed to wash all the residue off in just one wash, and my hair feels completely clean. However, there is an ever-so-slight smell of the egg still, not enough to notice unless you really sniff your hair. It will go back to normal when I wash it the next day.

I used one egg yolk, one tablespoon olive oil, and a chunk of honey, on my medium-long hair length. Was enough for a thin coat all over, then I tied it up and put it in a shower cap and left it in for about 1-2 hours.

Try it! You have nothing to lose. It's natural and chemical free, & cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by TooeleBeauty

I doubled for my hair (kind of thick, 3" below bra strap) and used 2 egg yolks (picking out the white parts), 1/4 cup EVOO, and about 1 Tbsp honey. There was enough to cover my hair generously. I put a plastic shower cap on my head and covered with a hot towel. I left the mixture on for about 1-1/2 hours while I made and ate breakfast and gave my kids a bath.

I washed it out with warm water (no problems) and used my regular conditioner. It took a while to work the conditioner in and comb out tangles. When I got out, my hair felt like silk! I *almost* didn't need to blow dry it. It didn't make a big difference in the appearance of my hair, but it felt so damaged before and feels so soft now that it is worth it! Maybe if I use it more often it will make my hair look better. I highly recommend at least trying it if your hair feels damaged!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair just cannot do without this treatment. It's super-dry to the point moisturising masks give virtually no significant result and it's wavy, when treated with the wrong product, it'll expand like a lion's mane with a gazillion knots that breaks hair brushes. And my hair's not even long, it's only armpit-length. Oh, and I do not heat style my hair.

I very nearly bought Kerastase Masquintense because I was so fed up with my difficult hair but I was very reluctant. I once tried this treatment, but it didn't give an amazing result. I'm so glad I gave it another go!

This has transformed my difficult hair into a beautiful tangle-free and defined waves. It's ridiculously soft and silky, I couldn't believe my own hands. It doesn't rob my volume as well, it makes my hair look voluminous, bouncy and just overall awesome. The result lasts, I once tried a vigorous clarifying treatment to find out my natural texture, I clarified with shampoo mixed with baking soda and didn't follow with a conditioner. My hair air-dried amazingly! I use the original recipe and it's enough for my medium-length hair. I leave it on for 30-60 minutes, shampoo it out, condition and I haven't had a single bad hair day since I started this weekly treatment. I feel like at last, I no longer need expensive salon conditioner or shampoo because with this, anything will do. The fact that it's natural and cheap is just the icing on the cake :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lallen08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love homemade beauty concoctions but I'm lazy and don't want anything too complicated. This is right up my alley. I put this on my hair and put on a shower cap before I ride my stationary bike for thirty minutes. The shower cap ensures that it gets nice and warm up there. It leaves my thick, coarse hair nicely conditioned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a conditioner. I have my own recipe (follows) and it's saved my hair. I recently went through a downsizing phase and began to make almost all of my own beauty products. My hair has completely changed since I started making my own products, and while I attribute my hair's new found shininess and cleanliness to my ACV rinse, I believe that it's new thickness and softness is due to the egg yolk conditioner. While I do my ACV rinse almost everyday, I only do my yolk conditioner every 2 days or so. This is my recipe:
2 Egg Yolks
2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
2 drops Sage Essential Oil
2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
2 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
I put it on my hair after I rinse out my ACV and leave it to sit while I wash my hair and face. I then rinse with cold water (you don't want hot or you'll end up with scrambled eggs). If my hair is feeling a bit stiff and I can't brush through it completely, I just use a bit of wheat germ oil. I'm so happy with the way that it's turned out. Thick, healthy, and completely natural and cheap. I'm converted!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by PrettyGirlBabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS SOO GOOD!!!
I actually done more then the recipe suggested, i actually used 3 egg yolks, 6 tablespoons olive oil and 2 1/2 tablespoons honey and slapped it in my hair for like an hour, washed it blah blah blah and i always air-dry my hair OMG it felt soo AMAZING!!
I recommend everyone try it even it's kinda messy but atleast you know what your putting in your hair..
Def my new weekly hair treatment!

=)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rozalina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh!
I made this mask with one egg yolk, a couple tbsp of olive oil (i don't really know the exact measurements but that seems about right) and some honey. Then I whisked everything together and had my mother smear this on the top of my head. I kept this on for about an hour and a half while I read and then rinsed it out with baking soda and water (my "shampoo") in the shower. I made sure I left some of the mask travel to my ends while I washed it out.
Not only did this make my hair soso soft, it also brought out my natural highlights. I don't think this is safe to do too often because of the egg's strong protein content, so I'm going to make this lovely mask a couple times a month before special occasions.

PS: don't throw out the egg whites! I put the egg whites on my face and then covered my skin with thin strips of toilet paper. When the toilet paper hardened (make sure it's totally solid! it might take a while) I peeled it off and my pores were clean! Much better than any other mask I've ever used. I've only done this once so I'm not sure if the results will be consistent, but I'll keep ya ladies updated.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

I tried this using the generic formula stated by the "Most helpful" people. And honestly...I didn't like it. First off, it takes quite a bit of time to make and apply. The texture is quite sticky and makes quite a bit of mess when you apply it to your hair. What I did, was I slathered it over the bottom half of my hair and put my hair in a bun, then I put saran wrap over it to "lock in the heat" and what not.

After 30 minutes, I took it out, hopped in the shower and did my regular routine - shampoo, body wash, conditioner, face cleanser. When I came out, I expected AWESOME moisture. Instead, I felt like my hair was a little weighed down and not even as moisturized as when I used my TreSemme conditioner.

Overall, this was a waste of my time and effort. I guess you could try it, but trust me, It's a whole lot of work.

If you're looking to try a natural alternative to conditioner for your hair, try apple cider, it's much better than this, and much cleaner to.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Used this as a protein treatment.
When I washed it then applied olive oil, rinsed, and cut ends. Wow, much thicker. Ends are thick, not flimsy and see through. Natural shine throughout hair (olive oil afterwards) much more volume and thickness througout hair, while still being bouncy. Any dryness left over from the shampooing was fixed with a teeny tiny bit of olive oil on dry bits, then brushed evenly to blend the textures. Really like this!