July 25, 2014 | 1841 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have a problem with the new packaging. I actually think it's a big improvement. I have noticed though, that the American version of Rub Rub Rub is far more watery, so yes, that might be best in a bottle. The European version is thicker and creamier with big chunks of sea salt and that's a nightmare in a bottle :)
And I just love using those tubs. They look like icecream tubs and it's just wonderful to scoop out a handful of product.
I can imaging that there might be a salt build-up at the top, so the lid might not close and open very easy in time.
Now to the product itself. I think this is a very good exfoliater. It's just hard enough, but it doesn't leave any scratches.The texture is wonderful and the colour is just amazing. Such a happy, bright blue.
I took a lippie of because of the scent. It smells like some household cleaning product with its mixture of citrus and flowers. This wouldn't be too bad if it was only in the shower, but it lingers on the skin for several hours after showering. It does fade, and I don't hate the smell, so yes, I think I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This just isn't scrubby enough for me. And is a pain to use. The liquid part seperates and you have to mix it all together each time you want to use it, then you have to work out how not to get your shower water in the pot.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Rub Rub Rub is very effective at creating silky smooth skin and has a pleasently fresh smell. However, the tub packaging and watery consistancy wastes excessive amounts of the product, as it ends up everywhere! I am therefore undecided if this product is worth its high price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A body scrub that makes your skin feel like silk....how to use this product to get the best result...

1. If your skin IS NOT senstive take some rub rub rub in your hand and rub it into dry or slightly damp skin in circular motions, then rinse as normal.

2. while in the shower or bath, wet your skin, pick up some rub rub rub and rub into the skin.

If you use this product dont use a cloth or sponge, use your hands to get the benifit of the scrub. i gave it a 3 on packaging, because it used to come in 3 sized bottles, so you had a choice on how much you wanted to spent, also i used to unscrew the lid bottle and squezze it into my hand, now i have to becareful not to get water into the pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Lara_L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really unsure about this one! It has some really good points, and some really bad ones. I'll start with the good. It has extremely fine scrub particles that left my skin soft and silky for days. But the smell! I have never encountered another skincare product with a smell like it! My sister too one sniff and declared it as smelling like "something you would put in your car", and I have to agree. I bought this product on sale for half price, but I don't know if I'd purchase again at full price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I likely this product as a scrub, but it gets major points off for the packaging. It's an extremely runny product that comes in a pot that is half product and half water, making it really complicated to get out and use in the shower. I cost me 20 bucks and after using it every day lasted me no more than 2 weeks, probably because the ineffective packaging caused me to waste a lot more than I needed.

But as a scrub, it's really nice. It has a really nice, clean smell that was awesome in the shower. It exfoliates really well, not too gentle but not too harsh - just enough to slough off the dead skin. It left my skin feeling really soft, and I really liked the product. It's too bad it's packaged so poorly, because I won't be re-purchasing because of that.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

being a huge lushie, this product was a rare disappointment. lush is expensive, but not gimmicky. you really pay for good quality and what (usually) works. but rub rub rub is my LEAST favorite lush product, and i love lush.

its $20 for that awful pot. the worst part is the packaging. it comes now in a jar and is runny and difficult to get out, and once you get it around the rim good luck ever getting it out, which makes it stuck and dirty. and you use SO much of it, so not even worth the value.
the scent is harsh and artificial and off-putting, and doesnt really scrub much. i get a better scrub using any other lush shower gels/polishes/smoothies on a loofah or even one of their emulsifying soaps.

and worse off, if you get a dud bottle, it's 80% liquid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My go-to shower gel on days when I want to exfoliate! This is deep cleaning but non-irritating on my sensitive skin. It's also helped me clear up my acne on my shoulders and lower back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this doesn't work so well as a scrub for me (the grains are too fine for my liking), I love how soft my skin feels after using it. I also love the scent - to my nose it's very close to Bobbi Brown Beach, but even more summery, which is why I'll use this instead of Bobbi's own Beach shower gel and scrub. This will definitely be a summer staple for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's not a good exfoliator, the salt melts too quickly. It smells almost okay but it's a bit too complicated of a fragrance. It's a citrusy scent aiming to be fresh and invigorating but just comes out clinical and harsh. I HATE the jar, wish it was in a bottle - it's too runny for a jar. Won't buy again.