LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was one of the first LUSH products I tried and I really wanted to love it..it just isn't for me, I guess. As others have said, its too abrasive/scratchy for me to use directly on my skin. Other than that, the smell is pretty nice, but not to die for like I expected. I will say though that I am not a fan of bar soaps in general anyway, so maybe if you are this would be okay?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This particular Lush soap feels too abrasive to use daily. It's great for exfoliation at times, but I won't get that much use out of it for the price. I do love the scent of this though, very "foodie", creamy and yummy. I really wanted to like this. Porridge does work well on feet though to smooth rough skin.

Editing this to add*** after trying this out by lathering it up in a "poof" sponge instead of directly on skin, I have to say I LOVE it! This soap actually makes plenty of creamy lather, and my skin was left smooth and soft. I think I will repurchase and raised it 1 Lippie :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at store. I don't see anything great about it - the smell is not nice and the soap is very drying, breaks in pieces, etc.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this will be a staple in my shower (together with HoneyIWashedTheKids). i have been using this every other day for about a month and a half now and i love it! i use it primarily as a body exfoliator especially for my backside. it lasts longer and is cheaper than buffy, you snap the whip or aqua mirabilis BUT i must say it is not moisturizing like the latter 3. so, when i want a good scrub i use this AND moisturize after. the smell is just okay because for me nothing compares to HIWTK. i find the coarseness of the oats perfect and what i absolutely love about this is how the suds develop into a soothing cream!

p.s. if you are like my husband who is sensitive, you might find the coarseness too harsh. i insisted that he use it and when he did, he immediately complained about how sharp it was. i saw that it left red streaks on his arm and tummy--areas where he tried them. he still goes back to you snap the whip and aqua mirabilis for exfoliation.

I don't hate it. I really don't. I love the scrub in it. Really feels nice. I wish the scent was just a little better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Goodness me. This smells incredible. I will be using this throughout winter, it is the most beautiful scent. At first, it flakes off a little bit in the shower. Then, half way through, it's kind of hard to use because it is so flaky and I end up scooting around cleaning up after it. It is sort of exfoliating with it's chunkiness, but not in a sugar scrub way. Sadly the scent doesn't linger for long, I wish I could smell like this all day! It's a shame I can't get the smell of this without the fuss of tidying it up. I thought I could manage it at first, but after I got through half the soap, it just annoyed me. Still, it's a beautiful smelling wintery soap, and I might buy it again because of the lovely smell alone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This soap smells really good, exfoliates fairly well and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.

But what I don't like about this soap is that it has so many little chunks of oats in it, that it's constantly dropping out whenever I use it. The size of the soap shrinks so fast, and its such an expensive piece of soap that can only be used for such a short span of time. What's more, it's a pain to clean up after. There's so many pieces of oats on the floor that the drain might get clogged up after your shower. It's really annoying.

No matter how much I liked the smell and the texture of the soap, I find that it's more trouble and expense than its worth.

best soap ever!! i wasn't too impressed with the scent in the store but then i decided to buy it anyway because i heard oatmeal works really good for skin. i took a shower with it and this delicious yummy oatmeal scent comes out! i LOVE the scent so much!! it also leaves my skin so smooth and moisturised afterwards. two thumbs up!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This soap is great! I heard porridge is great for dry skins/eczema, so I decided to buy a small piece and try it on myself and my son. It smells delicious and leaves skin smooth and moisturised. Great!

I absolutely loved the smell of this soap. I actually first bought it for the delicious scent alone. However, I was plesently surprised by how well it lathered and moisturised my skin. Great! :)