September 22, 2014 | 1859 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - TruConceal concealer [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl recommends http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=3414/Invisible-Concealer/Cover-Girl/Concealers as a replacement

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nujerrs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this concealer sucks! it cant cover up my under eye circles (which arent even that dark) the coverage is EXTREMELY light, it only cover small acne scarring and such well. other wise it makes my under eye circles look gray and even worse than before i apply it !

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Briitta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was an alright concealer in terms of colour matching. However, it sets very fast and will not mix with your foundation or another concealer. If you smudge it, and try to cover again, it will become very obvious. Just not a good concealer at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, originally I bought this concealer because it was the cheapest concealer I could find at the drugstore that matched my skin tone, but I have to say it's not a terrible product. I haven't had much luck with Cover Girl's various products (from eye makeup to lip stains) so I didn't have much confidence that this product would be all that great. I just needed something to conceal my under eye circles and the few red spots and blemishes on my face. Overall, there are some good points to this product. Before, I was using Maybelline's mineral concealer so I'm comparing it to that. There's more product in the Cover Girl concealer because the container is larger. It's also much cheaper than the Maybelline concealer that only has a smidgen of concealer in there. The color matches my skin tone more so than the Maybelline concealer because the Maybelline concealer was a bit yellow for my fair cool toned skin. Besides the color and the packaging, the concealer is iffy at best. It does the job of concealing problem areas but it doesn't always do so evenly. There are times where it's appeared as flaky on my skin once I applied it or it's not heavy enough so I have to apply more. It also fades pretty fast as well so the staying power isn't so good. However, I'm going to use it up because I don't like wasting products but I won't repurchase it in the future. It's probably one of the better Cover Girl products I've tried but even so, it's still nowhere near as good as many of the other drugstore brands in terms of quality and consistency.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Amadee

This was one of the first concealers I ever bought. When I was younger I didn't know anything about makeup and thought it was great I only had a few blemishes and would use this to cover it up, but then I kept getting more and more blemishes but I thought it was just hormones. After a couple months my skin looked horrible. Then I started getting interested in makeup and decided to try a mineral foundation from a higher end brand. My skin started improving so much and I was happy with it. Then one day I was running late and grabbed this concealer to throw in my bag. Overnight my skin broke out so bad. I hate this product and I also found out that covergirl tests on animals which has made me even more disapointed in the company. My advice don't risk trying this concealer try a mineral one like the maybelline concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am pretty surprised at all of the negative reviews for this product. I had this a couple years ago in the colour #3 because the tube looked like it would be my colour but it was waaay too light. I was about 15 and I guess I did not realize how bad it looked but I still used it. I stopped using it until a couple weeks ago and now I have it in #5 I think. It matches my skin tone nicely and covers my blemishes perfectly (on top of green concealer if necessary). It blends smoothly too. I do not find it to be cakey at all. I would definitely repurchase this concealer when I run out - but probably after trying out a few different ones, just in case.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by avrillavigne12251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Terrible! It doesn't cover at all, looks cakey... No shade selection 4 is too orange, 3 is really gray... It looks terrible, and it drys a different color than the product is in the tube... And it gave me mega break outs!

Save your money and skip this terrible concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CurlyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, such negative reviews! I have had this since the summer and I've liked it a lot so far. I had a small scratch on my face ( it was windy all of a sudden and the side of a leaf hit my cheek. bizarre... lol) and it covered it completely and wasn't obvious at all. I just applied a little bit with a brush, tapped it until it was blended, and just added a bit more until it was completely covered. Honestly, I've only had two pimples total since I bought the stuff and they were both very small, but it covered both of them completely. I'm not sure how it would cover more severe acne. But for my purposes I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by amethystglow

I have this product in shade 1. It works ok to cover up my dark circles, but if I put anymore than a small dab it looks even worse and highlights the dark circles (looks obvious that there's concealer). It only works on pimples if the skin is smooth, otherwise it highlights any skin breakage. Also, if you're really picky, the logo and name of the product does wear off on the bottle. Overall, it's a decent product. Meh.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by NatureMakeup

EW. Such a bad concealer. Makes you look cakey, doesn't blend well, no coverage, settles into fine lines, the list goes on. DON'T BUY THIS! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this off the sale rack and that should have been my key to know it was an inferior product. I bought the #2 and I have dark under the eyes and an olive skin tone, it was to dark even for me. It did not cover and dried cakey. I did place foundation over it and it was still very dry and dark. I would not recommend, even if it was on sale. It might work on other areas but not under the eyes.