August 21, 2014 | 1178 users online

Mascara - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a holiday gift set. I absolutely LOVE how conditioned it has made my eyelashes. They are long and lush! Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I reviewed this, but found I didn't. I like to support my fave products and this is one of them. This is really kind to my eyes and my lashes. It goes on soft, is buildable and gives me lovely long lashes. It is not extreme like some of the others (Dior) but my lashes actually grow better when I use this. I'm now using Latisse and the last thing I want on my lashes is some harsh, crunchy, impossible to remove without a sander crap mascara. For me, I want great lashes to start with and a mascara that won't make them fall out or break off and that's what this does. Stays on too, but not hard to get off. This and Sisley are my two holy grails and I kick myself (hard) every time I'm faithless and stray. Yup, time to go buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by clairemoyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first non-drugstore mascara I ever purchased. I purchased it on a whim duty free for $10 at airport as it was on sale. I thought well I can always use another mascara. I didn't pay attention to what it is supposed to do. Well anyway I got it home and out of the box and saw it was a ceramide lash extending treatment and thought to myself this is probably all hype. Well 2 months on from using this everyone is WOW are those your eyelashes? They have gotten so long I have to comb them. My eyelashes have gone va voom! The downside with this product is that it goes on very softly. Almost like a wax. It will not stay on if you sweat, cry or rub or eyes. I won't lie about that part. It does come off very easily with eye makeup remover which is why I think it's great for everyday use. I find my lashes are not falling out like they used to with the drugstore brands and they are not all stiff and horrible. It's a nice look for daytime. If I go somewhere special and really want to amp up the lashes I'll use a drugstore brand over the top. I will be purchasing this again I'm justing kicking myself that I didn't buy a bunch of these for $10.00 at the airport while I had the chance because they cost around $20 US for 1.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by npronald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample in a gift bag. l liked how it lengthened my lashes but hated, hated the raccoon eyes it gave me. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by rawrcatx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wish I could give five lippies to this product because it DID make my lashes longer. I used it frequently and it actually made my lashes noticeably longer, bottom and top. But soon, the effect wore off for me. It just didn't make my lashes grow anymore, which is fine because I wasn't expecting to actually make my lashes longer.
This mascara gives me natural looking lashes, and it somewhat holds a curl but not as much as I wanted it to. I have stick straight, Asian lashes so the ability to hold curl is what I look for in a mascara. Also, if you're not careful, the brush/formula sticks your lashes together.
I do think it's nice for a natural look, I just wish it didn't stick my lashes together. I did see some smudging on the bottom of my eyes later in the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by joanniepie

I like this mascara. After 6 hrs, you can see some slight smudging at the bottom. but it does lengthen and volumize my lashes a bit. Looks really natural and nice for one coat. ( Very light swipes ) I received this as a gift from the company. No more then 1 coat, it might clump. When it dried out, I think it worked better for my lashes. It's $20 it's good, but not holy grail. Spend the money on a cheaper mascara. Not bad at all. No clumping if used correctly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a nice mascara. I'm a guy, and I don't like wearing mascara but sometimes I do for work (makeup artist here). I like this because it gives length and a bit of volume but looks natural. I like it also because I wear contacts and it doesn't bother my eyes, and is easy to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkbonanza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't comment on whether or not this made my lashes longer, because it gave me horrible raccoon eyes the 2 times that I tried it. The formula seemed nice though, if you like a drier formula mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: 7/29 - If I were you I wouldn't believe me, but I'm going to write this anyways, and I know it sounds crazy. But I'm SURE my eyelashes are longer!! A few of them touch my eyebrows...(not that they have far to go, but they've never in my life done this.) I was thinking the last few days that after wearing mascara since 1980, I've finally got the hang of application. Then I checked my lashes without mascara& nearly flipped. They're a lot longer! I'm not naive enough to believe I'm getting new lashes from this mascara.I have the same number (sparse) and they're not thicker. I think what's happening is, like my hair, the lash ends crack and split easily. They crack off before they reach their regeneration time, making my lashes short. Something in this mascara,and its sister lash conditioner is keeping my lashes from splitting and cracking so they grow intact to their full length. I can't come up with a better reasonable explanation, but I just had to write about this in case it may work for others! Ceramides (in this mascara: Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11) are lipid molecules composed of sphingosine linked to fatty acid by an amide bond. They exist in hair's cuticle, and, applied topically, create a barrier around hair strands that prevents moisture and protein from escaping. They also help seal in the many other helpful ingredients like Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg Propyl Silanetriol, Panthenol, Phytosphingosine,
Cholesterol, and Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate. At long last, pun intended, I've found the perfect mascara for me!

5/24: This reminds me of the Original EL More Than Mascara (circa 1990), which has since been replaced by dyed Vaseline. EA Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara is just right for making lashes look longer, extremely defined, and fluttery. There's not a hint of clumping, no matter how many coats are applied, and this is so light it easily keeps curl. It gives my lashes a "feathery" appearance, and it keeps them silky soft. It doesn't flake, or smudge. It's a nice, rich black that never looks gray. I apply this mascara before all my other makeup, including eyeliner, and I find myself using less liner or shadow than I used to use, because my lashes are so outstanding. I LOVE the way this makes me look like I have long, fluttery lashes...because I so don't! If I want a dramatic look, I use this over a lash primer, but this mascara is the best for creating remarkably natural-looking, pretty lash enhancement. It removes easily, and thoroughly, with my regular facial cleanser.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Starrypla

I really like this mascara, I tried a sample size of it and really didn't expect it to be so great. It really lengthens and volumises my short lashes, even with a brush that is thin, I feel that I can easily control how much I put on.
Beside that, it is a mascara that is actually good for the lashes since it contains vitamins and other ingredients that helps strenghten and reinforce them. Only downside is the price, so I won't be buying it that often, only when I want to give myself a real treat :)
Definetly a mascara I will pick first over many other high-end mascaras!