Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

3.8

on 8/19/2012 4:48:00 PM

I bought this on a whim for about a fiver in TKMaxx, so I can't really complain. I did not realize I bought it in 'blue' - the shade called Midnight should have been a clue:) I panicked slightly, as I am very pale and a red head and I would never buy a blue mascara. However, I was pleasantly surprised, the color was not as bright as it looked in the tube, but rather dark blue, so in a broad daylight, I have a hint of blue on my eyelashes, lovely. But that's where it ends for me.
I have fairly long but thin eyelashes - I am always looking for volume and this definitely does not give any (not it does claim it would, so fair enough).Also, I do not believe in marketing tactics of 'making your lashes look x%longer' - if you don't have them physically, mascara can not give you a length that is not there in the first place. Thickness with the right texture - yes, length, no way. Mascaras cannot perform miracles, as much as we would like them to believe.
I use this for day look, as apart from the lovely color, it does not do anything else for me. I am always on the go as my job involves to be on the move&I travel a lot on public transport, so any mascara I wear gets tried and tested properly-hot/cold, wet/humid conditions etc. This one fades away after a few hours. It is basically gone at the end of my 8 hour shift. If you have an office job, then perhaps it would be fine. Not for me. Would I buy again? Yes, if I got it for a fiver again. Otherwise no way. I have been using it for a month now and no lash extending so far - as I said earlier, I do not believe in such gimmicks anyway, so did not even expect it. As one lady said in her earlier post, take such claims at face value. But at least I got to try a mascara in blue shade:-)

on 6/15/2012 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This mascara makes my lashes look long and thick. I like working with it, I like the brush and the fluid has a nice soft texture though it doesn't get too smudgy when applying. But the result does not last, after about an hour on it starts smudging and flaking. Before I used this mascara I had never had an allergic reaction to anything, but this made my eyes horribly itchy and rinning. Ever since I've used this I've started to react on other cosmetics as well. Because of this I could not use it long enough to see if it did lengthen my lashes.

on 5/16/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a really great mascara. I don't really believe that anything can make your lashes grow longer, least of all a mascara, so take claims like that at face value. If you have the money to spend on a high end mascara, go for it.

Edit: On my second tube, and this seems to have the opposite problem that the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara has, the rubber collar at the top of the tube is too tight, so when you put the wand back in, loads of mascara oozes out everywhere making a real mess.

Altered my review from 5/5 to 3/5 and would not repurchase.

on 5/8/2012 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara provides me with a lovely natural look.
I have thin, medium-length Asian eyelashes with a very slight curl to them.
It doesn't clump or stick my eyelashes together. It has natural volume and lengthening power. I haven't found any other mascara that holds this well, though Cover Girl Lash Blast (the purple one) is not bad.

I don't know if this is just me, but I have noticed that temperature can affect the quality of this mascara. In winter, this mascara seems to go on more smoothly compared to warmer seasons. As for the 'treatment' side, I find that my lashes fall out less and maybe its just my imagination, but are also thicker? I use this mascara about 3 times a week. Removing it is quite easy, and it doesn't seem to smudge throughout the day either.

One big issue I have, is with the neck of the bottle. If you're not careful, when putting the wand back into the bottle, it can scrape around the opening of the bottle and waste a lot of product.

Overall, one of the more reliable mascaras I've used for a natural everyday look.

*EDIT: 14th November 2012
I've found that this mascara is now smudging, so I look like a raccoon at the end of the day. But luckily I've found a way to avoid this by layering mascaras. Overall, still a good mascara, but I have yet to find my HG.

on 5/5/2012 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I quite like this mascara. I would never have picked it out myself, but my dad got it for me cheap duty free. It didn't get clumpy, made my lashes much more noticeable, and was well pigmented. Doesn't smudge on me, doesn't get flaky either. Would repurchase again if I don't find anything better.

on 5/1/2012 6:20:00 PM

This does not provide any benefits for my lashes. Estee Lauder Lashes plus eyelash primer works better than this. As a mascara, this does not give me volume or length. Not impressive at all.

on 4/28/2012 9:55:00 PM

OH MY GOD... BEST MASCARA EVER!!!!

No clumps, no smudges. Lengthens my lashes. That is all I ask for in a mascara and Elizabeth Arden is the only brand out there that does everything I want.

I also love how long and thin the wand is.

on 3/15/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Love! It makes my lashes really long--and I can pile it on and not get clumpy. It doesn't smudge, but it rinses off easily, and my lashes look longer even after it is washed off. I also like Estee Lauder's Sumptuous mascara, but I think I like this one more. I use a mascara tool (one of those .99 on eBay jobs from China) and I wipe the wand on a tissue, then I go to town. The brush is slim enough to get really close to the roots. Ceramide is just an all-around perfect mascara. Bravo, EA!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this in a holiday gift set. I absolutely LOVE how conditioned it has made my eyelashes. They are long and lush! Amazing!

on 1/10/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I reviewed this, but found I didn't. I like to support my fave products and this is one of them. This is really kind to my eyes and my lashes. It goes on soft, is buildable and gives me lovely long lashes. It is not extreme like some of the others (Dior) but my lashes actually grow better when I use this. I'm now using Latisse and the last thing I want on my lashes is some harsh, crunchy, impossible to remove without a sander crap mascara. For me, I want great lashes to start with and a mascara that won't make them fall out or break off and that's what this does. Stays on too, but not hard to get off. This and Sisley are my two holy grails and I kick myself (hard) every time I'm faithless and stray. Yup, time to go buy more.