January 30, 2015 | 1892 users online

Mascara - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great mascara. I don't really believe that anything can make your lashes grow longer, least of all a mascara, so take claims like that at face value. If you have the money to spend on a high end mascara, go for it.

Edit: On my second tube, and this seems to have the opposite problem that the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara has, the rubber collar at the top of the tube is too tight, so when you put the wand back in, loads of mascara oozes out everywhere making a real mess.

Altered my review from 5/5 to 3/5 and would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Trancent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara provides me with a lovely natural look.
I have thin, medium-length Asian eyelashes with a very slight curl to them.
It doesn't clump or stick my eyelashes together. It has natural volume and lengthening power. I haven't found any other mascara that holds this well, though Cover Girl Lash Blast (the purple one) is not bad.

I don't know if this is just me, but I have noticed that temperature can affect the quality of this mascara. In winter, this mascara seems to go on more smoothly compared to warmer seasons. As for the 'treatment' side, I find that my lashes fall out less and maybe its just my imagination, but are also thicker? I use this mascara about 3 times a week. Removing it is quite easy, and it doesn't seem to smudge throughout the day either.

One big issue I have, is with the neck of the bottle. If you're not careful, when putting the wand back into the bottle, it can scrape around the opening of the bottle and waste a lot of product.

Overall, one of the more reliable mascaras I've used for a natural everyday look.

*EDIT: 14th November 2012
I've found that this mascara is now smudging, so I look like a raccoon at the end of the day. But luckily I've found a way to avoid this by layering mascaras. Overall, still a good mascara, but I have yet to find my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Cocolou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I quite like this mascara. I would never have picked it out myself, but my dad got it for me cheap duty free. It didn't get clumpy, made my lashes much more noticeable, and was well pigmented. Doesn't smudge on me, doesn't get flaky either. Would repurchase again if I don't find anything better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does not provide any benefits for my lashes. Estee Lauder Lashes plus eyelash primer works better than this. As a mascara, this does not give me volume or length. Not impressive at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOD... BEST MASCARA EVER!!!!

No clumps, no smudges. Lengthens my lashes. That is all I ask for in a mascara and Elizabeth Arden is the only brand out there that does everything I want.

I also love how long and thin the wand is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love! It makes my lashes really long--and I can pile it on and not get clumpy. It doesn't smudge, but it rinses off easily, and my lashes look longer even after it is washed off. I also like Estee Lauder's Sumptuous mascara, but I think I like this one more. I use a mascara tool (one of those .99 on eBay jobs from China) and I wipe the wand on a tissue, then I go to town. The brush is slim enough to get really close to the roots. Ceramide is just an all-around perfect mascara. Bravo, EA!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a holiday gift set. I absolutely LOVE how conditioned it has made my eyelashes. They are long and lush! Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I reviewed this, but found I didn't. I like to support my fave products and this is one of them. This is really kind to my eyes and my lashes. It goes on soft, is buildable and gives me lovely long lashes. It is not extreme like some of the others (Dior) but my lashes actually grow better when I use this. I'm now using Latisse and the last thing I want on my lashes is some harsh, crunchy, impossible to remove without a sander crap mascara. For me, I want great lashes to start with and a mascara that won't make them fall out or break off and that's what this does. Stays on too, but not hard to get off. This and Sisley are my two holy grails and I kick myself (hard) every time I'm faithless and stray. Yup, time to go buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by clairemoyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first non-drugstore mascara I ever purchased. I purchased it on a whim duty free for $10 at airport as it was on sale. I thought well I can always use another mascara. I didn't pay attention to what it is supposed to do. Well anyway I got it home and out of the box and saw it was a ceramide lash extending treatment and thought to myself this is probably all hype. Well 2 months on from using this everyone is WOW are those your eyelashes? They have gotten so long I have to comb them. My eyelashes have gone va voom! The downside with this product is that it goes on very softly. Almost like a wax. It will not stay on if you sweat, cry or rub or eyes. I won't lie about that part. It does come off very easily with eye makeup remover which is why I think it's great for everyday use. I find my lashes are not falling out like they used to with the drugstore brands and they are not all stiff and horrible. It's a nice look for daytime. If I go somewhere special and really want to amp up the lashes I'll use a drugstore brand over the top. I will be purchasing this again I'm justing kicking myself that I didn't buy a bunch of these for $10.00 at the airport while I had the chance because they cost around $20 US for 1.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by npronald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample in a gift bag. l liked how it lengthened my lashes but hated, hated the raccoon eyes it gave me. Will not be repurchasing.