August 30, 2014 | 1719 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

For the price of this, it wasn't really worth it, it doesn't stay that long (1-2 hours max) and then my skin is just slick and shiny. I love the packaging and Urban Decay, but this is not one of my favourite products. It's just going to sit on my dresser and look pretty while collecting dust :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder kind of on a whim. I did hear some decent reviews but this isn't the typical product I splurge on. It was crappy hot humid day in TX and I found myself in a Sephora...need I say more? I *think* I love this powder. It does mattify and provide an overall finished look. When I needed it for an all day event recently it held it's own pretty well. I've been using Too Faced bb cream which I love but it is definitely dewy, the De-Slick absorbed some of the excess shine and held it off. It doesn't break me out, have an irritating scent and lasts 6 hrs or so. Again, I live in TX so you may not be in such a hot, humid environment. My main drawbacks are that it leaves a teensy weensy bit of a white cast on my face possibly only that I can detect but still for the price ($32) I expect perfection. Would I return it, no. Would I repurchase maybe not? Undecided so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

High hopes, dashed. On my fairly oily skin and in my very humid town, this product was pretty much useless. It provided barely any "mattifying" even when first applied, so it required frequent touch-ups throughout the day to even partially achieve the truly matte look I was after. Also, the little pad it comes with? Pointless. Paper-thin, cheap, why bother. Finally, the packaging is difficult to open and the price-point is way too expensive for what the product is and how it performs.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by HMArtistry

I bought this product after being convinced by one of the girls at Sephora that it would: 1.) mattify my oily skin 2.) keep my skin matt the whole day 3.) last for a long time because very little powder was needed to achieve a mattified face. I tried it out for about a couple of weeks, thinking that it would suffice. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. Upon applying the powder, it looked quite powdery on my skin and gave my skin a "dried out" look. I was able to see a white cast on my skin which I didn't appreciate. I wasn't putting loads of powder on, but it wasn't the "miracle" product as she explained. Upon having the powder on for a couple of hours, shine peaked through on my t-zone and I had to powder it, and multiple times after that. Needless to say, I really loved the packaging and really wanted to love the product, but it wasn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cpollock94

I have very oily skin and always carry around blotting papers. Tried this and it seriously works all day long on me. Expensive yes however on Urban Decay's site right now it's 50% off, still full price at Sephora. I'm going to buy several I like it so much and it looks like its being discontinued. I like the Tarte also but for this price it's Urban Decay all the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have finally found my Holy Grail powder!!!! I normally have "normal" skin, I get oily in my T-Zone but now that it's summer here in Seattle it's been very hot and VERY humid. I was loving my Milani Multitasker Powder which is supposed to be a blotting/foundation/setting powder all in one. It works great in the cooler months of the year but lately I have been sweating like a pig. Literally not even 20 mins after I put my make up on I have a puddle of sweat/shine on my nose and upper lip. I was shocked since this has never happened this bad and I don't know if it's becaus I'm not wearing my MAC Prolong Wear foundation but nothing I do helps. Blotting takes away the shine temporarily but not even an hour later I'm back to square one. When I use the Milani powdeer to "blot", it just enhances where I'm sweating and literally takes the color off of my face making it super obvious and ugly. I went into Sephora looking for the perfect blotting/summer powder and I was given two options - Cover FX or UD's De-slick Mattifying powder. I was already super oily and sweaty from walking through the mall. The SA at Sephora pretty much know me by name, lol so she suggested the UD. I didn't blot or anything and used a fluffy but dense powder brush to apply it on my shiny areas. I was flabbergasted! It completely sucked up the oil and mattified my skin without being heavy and without taking off/disintegrating the foundation on my nose.I was in love!!! Not to mention the beautiful packaging. I use this in conjunction with UD's De-Slick Finishing Spray. Using this somehow keeps me matte for HOURS. It really makes my skin look flawless. It's ridiculously expensive but I think it's well worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Dzuhletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The product does exactly what you want it to, mattifies the skin, but the price is simply too much for me to justify when it only slightly outperforms any other powder product.

To apply it, I'd strongly advise against using the sponge that comes with the powder. Only a bare minimum is needed to work, which means it does last a long time. Obviously this product is intended for those with oily skin, but if you have any dry, flaky areas be really careful or even avoid them, because the powder just clings to them like mad. It's pretty dodgy if you haven't moisturized, and if you have dry skin I'd totally avoid it. I usually just brush a super light covering over my nose and forehead.

However, one definite redeeming feature is that you can use it to prime OR set your lids for eyeshadow. It does impede blendability slightly, but it does a pretty damn good job at stopping creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really does mattify my skin. I have oily skin especially on my chin, nose and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki brush over my revlon colorstay in medium beige. I'll say this lasts 11 hours. It did not leave a white sheen on my skin, it blended in nicely with my skin color. Urban decay does it again with this great product! The purple compact is a plus too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The thing I love most about this product is the presentation. The cute bright purple compact with mirror inside always looks cute in my handbag. Sadly, I don't think the product itself lives up to the hype. Sure, it works. But I think for the price there's many other products that work just as well.
I apply this with an old blush brush and find that gives a nicer finish than what the original sponge did. I got rid of the sponge this came with straight away-it was totally useless. I don't find this makes me white or pasty but I have been using it sparingly.
Once the powders empty I'll be using the compact as a purse mirror :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG setting powder. I hate how expensive it is but I have not been able to find a drugstore substitute anywhere near this quality.

It is completely translucent and it works like a charm. I put it on with a small kabuki brush after my foundation/concealer but before any blush or bronzer.

I absolutely hate the packaging though. The compact it comes in is cheap and plastic, and it never closed properly. It broke within a week of me having it, but I was able to repot it into a small LUSH sample size pot and set it with the rubbing alcohol trick. Luckily I have a really small kabuki brush that fits in the pot!