October 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by redjanerom

I have very sensitive combination skin. I used this product for a while and thought it wasn't bad, although I wasn't too happy with all the glitter in it - which in certain light became very visible. However, I was breaking out really badly but assumed it was from some other product, but it didn't stop no matter what products I switched up, until I realized that it was this foundation that broke me out. And as soon as I stopped using it my skin cleared up. This product might be alright for someone else, but if you do have sensitive skin, beware - it might break you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great light to medium weight foundation for dry to very dry skins. My super dry skin feels light and dewy with hardly a flake and the coverage lasts all day. I've used different brushes to apply this foundation but my best method is my **horrors** fingers. Two pumps and I'm good to go with decent medium dewy coverage. I usually lightly powder with mineral foundation or CareBlend pressed but if I am super dry that morning, I won't powder at all. It does have some slight sparkles to it that I find very pretty and not disco at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation.
    Satin finish. Medium coverage. Very easily applied. It is very smooth and pleasant to the touch. Coverage is near perfect without being too heavy.
    Looks all right indoors but once you are out in the sun, your whole face glitters like a disco ball. Another con- this foundation is extremely yellow! My skin is fair with yellow undertones so NC20 always looks good and natural on me. Not this one though! Too yellow.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cowgirlamber

I really like this product for people who have different skin types. It gives such a lovely glow with a nice, natural coverage. Unfortunately for me, it turns my face into an oil slick and tends to oxidize on top of giving me horrible cystic pimples. It really is a shame because I love the look upon application. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing because of how oily it makes me and the pimples.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lillill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this foundation has a nice color ( nc 15 on me) and nice soft feel to it and did not break me out at all ...but i found that there wasnt much in terms of coverage and taht i was just using a product that was giving me little results..the search continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by breebree21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product isn't bad. Light coverage but somewhat buildable. I liked this more than the studiofix fluid b/c it was lightweight in comparison. It has a dewey finish and actually has some shimmer in it. Best for going out and pictures! Comes with a pump and overall I was happy with it! :)

ps: i have oily-combo skin most oil in my t-zone!
    this did not make me break out

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by stupidandcynical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

satinfinish + fix+ - powder = drowned cat

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by neverecho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this, but bought it in NC25 and while it looks nice at first, it very quickly turns yellow/orangey on my skin (some sort of chemical reaction? Or maybe just it matches wet but not dry). I also don't like the sparkles, it makes for a fine night time foundation, but when I wore this to work, I felt really self conscious and like I was wearing glitter. One thing I do like about this foundation (not sure if all MAC are like this), but I love how the pump can be locked. It's really nice for travel or if you're storing it in a drawer. On me, this color matches to MUFE HD Invisible in 125, but the MUFE is much more matte with no sparkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by flowerbobon

This is my very first foundation, and my first MAC. The price is good, not too expensive and not too cheap either. I like it when it comes with the pump, really helpful.

My skin don't have any problems at all when I apply this foundation. It gives dewy look on the face and the finish on my face is flawless. I apply this foundation using the stippling brush and it even out the foundation on my face. To achieve a great coverage of this foundation, it is recommended to use the stippling brush. I tried using the foundation brush unfortunately the finish is different because I ended up using more liquid when I use the foundation brush compared to the stippling brush.

The reason why I would not purchase this product again is because I am still looking for my HG liquid foundation. This foundation is not that great, but it is also not that bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by estelafuji

This is my first MAC product and I'm loving it. I was so apprehensive in purchasing a MAC foundation because of the shades. I live in Japan and MAC stores are too far from where I live, so I had to choose my shade just looking in the internet at swatches and pictures of girls with the same skin tone as me using the foundation shade that I was hoping to be the same that I wanted to purchase. I have a fair skin and it's quite dry, but it can gets oily in the T-zone during the day. I chose to buy the NC15, and luckily it was the exactly my skin tone, I'm so happy about it. I just love the healthy and glowing finish of this foundation. I was afraid that was too shimmery but it's not, it's just perfect. I and like to use this kind of foundation also during the winter because it makes my skin look naturally hydrated and healthy. My overall rating it's 4 because of the coverage which I think it's too sheer for me and I'm used to wear tint moisturizer and light cover foundation in daily basis. Using this foundation I can see my freckles and some blemishes, also I have to conceal pretty hard my dark circles. In a nutshell I think it's a good product and I will definitely repurchase it despite the sheer cover.