October 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Polishes - NARS - Orgasm

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by andrea34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is going back to sephora for sure! The color is an ugly orangey color. Not what I was expecting at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I'm surprised by the amount of people that dislike this product. I got this in the Temptation set from Sephora which came with Super Orgasm blush (LOVE IT). I've been wearing this on my nails for 3 days now and it hasn't chipped at all yet. The color is so unique. Takes about 2-3 coats to get a nice opaque color, peachy coral with a slight iridescence which is very noticable in the sunlight. This is the perfect spring/summer nail polish!! I'm so glad I bought this. I will def repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was at the counter buying the orgams blush when I spoted the orgasm nail polish and I thought I may as well have that aswell. I haveto say it is my alltime favourite polish. It lasts forever and the colour is so pretty I can wear it everyday. Its a little peachier than the blush and very sheer so I tend to wear a nude basecoat under it which makes it look fab. Don't hesitate to buy its a great everyday colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this polish as a gift with purchase and having owned the blush and lip gloss...I fell in love with the polish as well. I would purchase this if I ever run out....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MIssMochaFrap

i'm actually really shocked with the reviews here! this is probably one of my favorite nail lacquers!

however, i was aware that they re-released the NARS nail lacquer formulas so perhaps the majority of the reviews were based on this crappy first version.

anyways, i received this nail lacquer for xmas O9 and i LOVE it. forwarning : it is very sheer, so a base coat is a MUST and you need patience to apply this. i suggest applying thin, even layers and letting them completelyyyyy dry [: trust me, after 3-4 layers, you'll have that color on the bottle, which is a gorgeous color .

overall, the color is summery, peachy nude with a hint of gold shimmer in the light. i ove it, i guess it just looks flattering on my fingers. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this because it came in a set with the orgasm/laguna duo and the set was on sale. I thought I wasn't going to like this shade but I really do like it. It's more of a summery color but it's a lovely peachy-pink. I used only one coat because I like the sheer look. It wasn't streaky at all and with one coat it dried pretty fast. The polish is not very viscous (it's much thinner, than OPI for example) but if you apply a thin coat it doesn't run much.

I know most people like very opaque colors but I'm a big fan of sheer colors on nails so this worked extremely well for me. I used it with a layer of base coat from OPI and then put OPI top coat over all of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by pumasANDlipgloss

I had to use about 4 coats on my toes to get a somewhat nice peachy orange color. Nice, but not worth the effort. Also, the square bottle is not grip-friendly.

first NARS disappointment. I do like Schiap tho (hot pink polish)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I'm glad I didn't really all the unhappy reviews before I bought this on impulse today. This is a lovely summer nail polish. True, it's not the smoothest formula out there but it applied decently enough. Two coats and I was at the bottle color, which is a very pretty and irridescent mix of gold, coral and pink. My chief complaint is that it took a loooooong time to dry. But it looks great on, especially on my toes. I'll say here that I'm not a huge fan of the Orgasm juggernaut - the blush is decent only in winter, the lipgloss is invisible on me, and the multiple only shows up as a highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is atrocious. I have had no success with any Nars polish and this was my final attempt. Just say no.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh God. This went STRAIGHT back to Sephora. It reminds me of what nail polish used to be like, in the 70s and 80s, when my grandma did my nails. It's streaky and chalky. Plenty has been said about the color and how orangey it is. I would like to add that just the formula is also horrible. It's thick and gunky and it dried with horrible bumps (I do my own nails ALL the time and never have this problem).

I will say that I have very fair skin and the color might look better on a darker or olive skin tone. But even if the color were beautiful on you, it would be challenging to get a professional looking result with such a terrible consistency.

Honestly, this is just a terrible, tacky product. Leave it in the store.