TheBalm Bahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

I've been using this bronzer for a good two months now and it's currently my favorite contouring bronzer. I was a bit nervous about it when I bought it because it is quite dark, pigmented, and has very low-level shimmer. The shimmer is not an issue; I find it doesn't show up on my (very fair) skin when it is blended out. The color and pigmentation mean that a little bit goes a long way, and it is easy to make it look like you have dirt stripes on your face if you don't take the time to apply and blend it properly. I take a soft, angled blush and apply it under my cheekbones and jawline, the sides of my nose, and very lightly around the perimeter of my forehead, then take a kabuki blush and blend the living daylights out of it. This creates a lovely contour and I've been very happy with it. The packaging is fine, although I personally find the image on the front to be a bit sketchy. The cardboard packaging itself is sturdy and has a magnetic closure that feels quite secure. I expect this bronzer to have a place in my collection for a long time.

on 6/20/2014 10:24:00 PM

This is a beautiful bronzer! Very pigmented, matte and long wearing. I wore it a few times and decided it was too dark for my NW20 skin so I gave it to someone with NW30 and it works great! It's easy to blend and the packaging, like everything from theBalm is adorable!

on 6/7/2014 6:32:00 AM

Honestly I was simply lured in by the pretty packaging (I am a sucker for pretty packaging) though the price was a little outside my comfort range (I think I bought it for RM65 which is about $20) but I do not regret this purchase at all! Feels smooth on the skin, has a matte finish, and does not break me out or cause any irritation (I have fairly sensitive skin). I have yet to try other bronzers simply because I don't feel the need to. I am just in love with the brand! One minor thing I noticed though, was that the powder tends to get on the sides of the compact (as it's quite powdery) so I have to wipe it off every once in a while. I suggest using a very light hand with this product- no need to apply tons of pressure to get a lot of product on your brush. I am very tempted to purchase their other products.. we shall see..

on 5/24/2014 12:50:00 PM

This bronzer is soooo good. It does have slight warmth to it but it is great as a contour bronzer.The packaging is an A+. The first time applying I used a light hand and it went on perfectly so don't be intimidated from the dark color. I love how I can use this as an eyeshadow and contour basically anywhere!

on 5/21/2014 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Main reason i bought this is it was recommended for golden skin - does not have hardly any pink tones in it!!
I really do not like the packaging - the mirror isn't even worth it.... and i dislike the flip lid which is then inside the cardboard slip.... wish it was a compact style.
The more important matter - the product! Greatttttt colouring for golden skin!! It is my winter bronzer - bit of colour to my cheeks. Not too dark. No shimmer in it but thats ok.
You can layer this product up to be darker which is good!
Can be slightly blotchy on top of foundation - be careful there.

on 5/20/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Been on d hunt for a good contouring powder for months when I chanced upon this one. I like that it's a pure brown with no orange tones. My face us triangle shaped, narrow at the forehead and wide at the jaws. I would contour my entire lower face from the cheeks down to the jawline and I love that this powder applies well and stays on the entire day. I would trace my face with the powder using an eyeshadow brush, fill in using a slanted blush brush, then blend well using a stippling brush so the harsh lines will not be noticeable. Blending is key. Then I would just apply my blush on the apple of my cheeks making sure the blush blends well into the contouring powder. Hope this tip helps. Would definitely buy this again.

on 5/18/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

CAUSES BREAKOUTS! I love the packaging & even the product itself. However, without fail, every time this touches my skin, I breakout. It's a bummer. I tried convincing myself it was something else so I let me skin clear up a bit then reached for this again & BOOM...breakouts. If you're not prone to breakouts give it a try!

on 5/15/2014 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

The thing about this bronzer is that it doesn't actually make you look bronzed/suntanned like a typical bronzer is supposed to. It makes you look like you have a darker skin tone, not like a I just-came-back-from-a-holiday-in-the-sun-tan. It's perfect for contouring. It's a matte, almost a grey-ish brown. I really enjoy this product.

on 3/8/2014 4:31:00 PM

I purchased this particular product because I wanted a contouring powder that was cool toned. I have a light to medium skin tone and this powder looks amazing when I contour my face especially the nose area. It is velvety and kind of creamy which is amazing. this product lasts all day and looks gorgeous when used heavily and then buffed out.
but recently for some reason this powder tended to look kind of grey-ish in the hallows of my cheeks. I am guessing that this happened due to me using a wrong foundation shade. other than that it looks absolutely beautiful on medium skintones =)

on 3/5/2014 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this bronzer! I use it for a contour and once blended out properly it gives the best natural results. It has no sparkle in it, which I love cos it makes it perfect for some subtle contouring. The packaging is super cute and the powder actually lasts for ages.
Be warned all the really pale girls. This product is VERY BROWN- and this is coming from a girl with medium-tan, pancake coloured skin. Be prepared to blend blend blend!

Popular Bronzers