April 21, 2014 | 1393 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when Hautelook was selling it for half price. I am definitely not a fan of this bronzer. If you get even the slightest bit too much on your brush, you will look muddy. This is the first bronzer I have ever used that can look both orange and muddy at the same time. It is so weird! It is not very blendable either. I am not sure if my compact may have been damaged from heat during shipping, but it is really powdery. Even when I gently touch the product with my softest brushes, powder falls out. Needless to say, I find this bronzer to be overly hyped.

However, I can see that this could be decent for contouring for someone who is wiling to really take their time in delicately applying and blending it. I don't have five minutes to devote to bronzer alone every day....so it's a no-go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok. This is a tricky one and I feel about it the way I feel about my HG Kat Von D foundation. Great, phenomenal product. If you're willing to work with it. If you're not it's going to be one of the worst you've encountered (just like the foundation). I am pale. NC20, NC25-MAYBE NC30 in the summer. (maybe).

The packaging is beyond adorable. I'm not one of those hung up on packaging but TheBalm deserves recognition for it's adorableness. The actual product is smooth but if you swipe a brush across this, just once, you will pick up A LOT of product. I don't even want to think about what would happen if you swirled a brush in it. :::Shudders::. VERY pigmented. Very. I obviously cannot use this as a bronzer, (I use their Betty Lou-Manizer for that), but right now as a contour it is as good as it gets. My favorite ever was the MUFE sculpting kit #2 (discontinued) and this shade is very similar to that. It takes awhile to blend it out not going to lie. If I used the technique I do with my Hoola bronzer (swiping it once across cheekbones, temples ect), it would be a disaster. It takes A LOT of working in. But again, if you're willing to put the time in, even if you're fair skinned, go for it. If not, you will have wasted $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually really love this blusher and its pref to the mac one I own. Highly pigmented and makes me look so nice and flush . For ref I'm nc40 . Love this blush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

Heads up: It's May 3rd, and this bronzer is on HauteLook today for $10!!! That's half-price. Normally, it's $20-so if you want it, grab it.

The quality of this bronzer is outstanding. It's nice and matte and soft without being powdery. If you have medium skin, it's the PERFECT contour shade.

I'm NC 25, so I find this ever so slightly too dark to look natural on me. Maybe when I have a tan it will work better. I got it when theBalm did 50% off everything on their website a few weeks back, so I'm not sorry I bought it at all. I use it when I do friends' makeup, and it looks beautiful.

I think if you're around NC30 or darker, this could be an HG bronzer for you. It's gorgeous and the packaging (like most theBalm products) is sooo cute. Perfect for those looking for a great contour shade of very high quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is terrible. Don't ever use it as a bronzer, and don't expect the 'sun kissed' kinda look. It's muddy and chalky. HOWEVER, this bronzer is matte, pigmented, and has cool tone. So I totally love this bronzer for contouring. I have nc40-42 skin tone, and this bronzer add dimension to my face naturally. So yea .. it's kinda love-hate product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

One of my favorite bronzers - pigmented, matte and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by mishiiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG bronzer for contouring, I have used it everyday since the day I bought it. It's a beautiful matt warm brown, it's not too orange or red. This is the first bronzer that I've found that doesn't look muddy or dirty on the face even after a few layers. For a natural bronze glow I use this with my VAU Beauty fluffy fan brush. It's a match made in heaven.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lbondell

I LOVE this bronzer! It is a great color and blends really well with my makeup. The compact has a mirror and I carry it with me in my purse and have had no issue with the bronzer cracking like other brands I have used in the past. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this bronzer , i use it as a contour powder and i must say it is the best one i have used. i wouldnt buy it at regular price i got mine from hautelook for 10-12 $.. this is now my go to powder. and i might even say HG

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lane87

I'm not crazy about bronzers but I do like this one. So long as you blend it well it looks good/natural and works well for contouring. No glittery/shimmery bits so you won't look shiny.