Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.8

Not tested on animals

on 11/25/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best flat top brush I've ever used. Compared to the flat top brushes I tried: Sonia Kashuk, ELF and Eco Tools.

Jane Iredale's can be pricey, but this has the softest bristles, I have sensitive skin and this is perfect. Last me a longer time than the other brushes I mentioned. It applies powder evenly, and definitely will buy again if my brush give up on me. :) Pricey bu worth the try / purchase.

on 11/10/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

A great brush and definitely a must when it comes to applying the Jane Iredale foundation.

It is a pleasure to use this brush because it is so soft . When I am using this brush I'm able to get enough coverage without the dreaded chalky and unnatural look.

Will buy again!

on 9/29/2011 7:08:00 PM

This is expensive but it works wonders! When I went to try out JI PurePressed Base compact at the spa, the beautician put it on me using the this brush, and my face looked flawless instantly. My intention was to get the compact so I didnít pay much attention to the brush thinking that my kabuki brush at home should do the same job. So I bought the compact home and when I first put it on the next morning, I looked awful. The result was just not on par with what I saw the day before in the spa. The first thought came into my mind was the brush. So I purchased the brush the next day, then voila, everything turned out perfect since. It is very soft and feel very nice on the face. I also like that it is shorter and smaller in size comparing to other foundation brushes out there, thus easy to bring with me everywhere. The brush comes with a transparent plastic pouch which makes travelling much easier. If you are using powder foundation, this brush is a must!

on 8/26/2011 12:53:00 PM

thanks to this review board, I, too now love this brush... I already had a youngblood brush that looks similar and I was happy with. But this one is a bit superior. It is a tad softer on my face and it holds the mineral makeup well.! The container is where I store it which helps keep its shape. You don't want this to fan out too much.

on 8/14/2011 3:32:00 PM

Great brush! Bought it when I first bought the Jane Iredale Pressed Powder. Great quality and applies powder perfectly. Definitely worth investing in a good brush!

on 8/8/2011 4:01:00 AM

My HG brush! I never believed in using good brushes but there was once I was buying my usual stuff from J.I and the sales associate did a free makeover for me using this brush. I bought the products (rating 3.5, review another time) but couldn't achieve the same look! So I went back and got the brush and woot! Definitely a must, especially good with mineral make up. I absolutely love the soft softness of the brush and I'm a believer of brushes now.

on 6/13/2011 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this brush, I've had it for a few years now and its only shed a couple of hairs, I clean it with Jane Iredale brush cleaner and its as good as new. I used to use it with mineral foundation and it was great with that, however now I use fluid foundation. I find it great now for applying blush or bronzer, its quite versatile and good quality.

I've had this brush for years and it is still going strong. The brush is super expensive in Australia, but it was worth EVERY cent. I am soooo glad I purchased it. I use it everyday with my JI mineral powders and I use both the loose powder and the pressed powder, depending on my mood.

The density of the brush is fantastic - I love the shorter bristle. I tried using a kabuki brush recently and hated it. I will stick with my handi brush thanks.

The only con is that it would be great if it had a case for travelling. I've tried it's retractable travel sister and I don't like it at all it doesn't compare.

on 3/23/2011 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This brush is stupid expensive for something so small, but it is worth every penny. I use to to apply Cover FX pressed mineral powder foundation and it's amazing. Soft non irritating bristles that do not kick up dead skin on your face. The density of the hairs leaves a perfect finish after I buff my skin. It looks totally smooth and non-cakey (even when building up coverage). It does shed with the first 2-3 washes, but after that I've never seen it shed again. For this insane price, I hope it lasts me a long time. Will buy again when this one wears out.

on 3/18/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought mine several months ago from beauty.com based on reviewers comments on that site. It's defintely the softest brush in my face brush category. Now, my old Sephora powder and blush brushes seem so scratchy. I use it for apply face powder, buffing, and applying blush to my cheeks. Love it!

Popular Makeup Brushes