August 29, 2014 | 1759 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre - Costa Chic

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this for nights out with mac pink lemonade lipgloss its not easy to wear, as a frost i found it seperates a bit bit even with pink lemonade but i think that the gloss too also seperates. recently i tried it with boy bait and revlon super lustrous peach petal which is a fantastic dupe for boy bait and these tone down the colour and the frostiness and make this lipstick smoother and suitable for daywear so i will now be using it more but i would not repurchase as too hard to make it work

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bimbariccia

Love love love this lipstick! I have pale olive skin and look exhausted most of the time, but this just brightens my entire face. My lips are very dark naturally so on me this lipstick is really bright. I've seen it on women with paler lips and it's more of a pale tangerine coral on them. I would never say that it's a "frost" (frost means "shimmer" right?), on me it comes out creamy-matte. I find it has good staying power and is still really pretty even as it wears off, leaving more of a pale pink lip. The smell is lush too.... like vanilla cake!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very bold frosty coral color, I ordered this online since its not sold in stores. I don't usually reach for this color but i do if i don't feel like wearing any eyeshadow and want to look vamped up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is beautiful with my colouring. It's a lovely, bright coral with a frosty sheen. I found it to be quite drying though which is pretty much my only complaint...though I think I would love this lipstick even more if it were an Amplified Creme or something other than a frost.

It is definitely bright but you can tone it down by blotting and adding some clear gloss (I use a touch of Vaseline/petroleum jelly to add moisture and to 'water' the colour down). I've found this looks great in the summer with fresh, dewy skin, not a lot going on on the eyes and a pinky-peach blush. Really pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a total sucker for coral lip colors, and I heard that this was a dupe for the impossible to find Chris & Tell from Lancome. I can not speak if it's a good dupe or not, but I do like the color. I would describe it as a bright, almost neon or flourescent, coral orange. I could pull off this lipstick, but the downfall of it is that it's a frost finish! This would look gorgeous as a glaze, lustre, cremesheen, or even amplified, but the frost just makes it look cheap and hard to wear. I dab this on lips very lightly and put a matching dazzleglass/lipglass over it and it looks fabulous. Goes great with a tan! On it's own, however, it is pretty hard to wear if applied any way but with an extremely light hand because of the frost finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAffair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC30 and was expecting a sheer, peachy coral but instead I found an opaque fluoro-y orange. Too bold for me and dried my lips out. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by JJPorter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cute coral colour but I agree nothing like the online swatch that MAC have up. It is almost a fluro bright 80's colour. I love this on me with a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

Ok- So I have done this again. I tried on the lippie and fell in love with the colour. GORGEOUS coral colour, fab for the spring. Nabbed it as soon as I tried it on. BUT it is a FROST lipstick, and my experience with these are they dry my lips out. Cremesheen lippies are better for me!!!

As much as I adore this colour, I have to make sure my lips are super soft and moisturised before application. This is why it's a 4 for me. The colour is simply beautiful- and with a nice tan, I know this will look HOT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mestuprancid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really want to like this lipstick, it just doesn't work well with my skin tone.

I love the texture and the finish, im not a fan of the pearly shimmery lipsticks.

I got this in the mail from sending in my empty eyeshadow palettes to Back to Mac, So I saw the color online and liked it and once I got it, I was like "OH MY ORANGE" lol not what I expected.
Don't buy lipstick online unless you've swatched it before lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never got to get Chris & Tell from Lancome ( when it was too late I began to want it, of course) so I looked at pictures of it and looked for dupes everywhere. Costa Chic from MAC is almost it!!! even though the texture doesnt seem to be the same (not as creamy), it's still bold just like Lancome's and the color looks the exact same! A perfect blend of pink and orange to make a perfect coral- not too orange that looks a bit too exotic but not too pink that it doesnt seem like a pseudo-coral.
I'm nc35, olive toned. This color looks perfect. just perfect! esp when im tan, but even without a tan it still brightens me up :)

BTW this is not at counters but IS on their website :)