September 23, 2014 | 1720 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Vive Pro Glossy Volume Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the way it made my hair feel - really light, bouncy, and full. Didn't knot my hair like other shampoos do. Great with the conditioner, too. My hair's super shiny and full now!

EDIT: I've been using this for a month now and I love it. I'm still not giving it 5 lippies, but I still am happy with it. My hair is super thick now (I've been using the conditioner, also). Love my thick hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Like most of the other reviewers, it was the promise of combined gloss and volume that led me to buy this product. Typically, Ive been pleased with most L'oreal hair products, and this one has been no different. I wouldnt say it makes my hair particularly voluminous, but it doesnt weigh it down either. I have noticed an increased in shine, but that also is due to the fact that Ive been cutting back on my blowdrying. Anyway, this isnt a bad product- cleans your hair well, smells good (fruity, a bit potent for some, but I like it) and comes in a really pretty pink bottle. Overall my hair has been looking, feeling, and smelling good. I just wish it was more volumizing and Id be sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sydakiss

This shampoo is great :) Even though it doesn't really give me all that much shine to my hair, it makes my hair volumized and bouncy, plus I like the scent. It also moisturizes my hair, which is another plus. I have fine to normal hair that can be on the dry side at times, so this shampoo is great for me and I'm definitely buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by HipHun

This just left my hair feeling greasy....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by gadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fabulous product! I only tried this because I received a sample in the mail. I tried it and wasn't immediately hooked, but knew I wanted to buy it and see if I liked it after using it more than once. Now, I have very fine hair that is difficult to hold body/volume. For probably a year now I have been using Matrix Biolage Bodifying Shampoo/Conditioner. It does really well for my hair. In comparison, the Glossy Volume shampoo/conditioner do just as well to me, without drying the hair out. I can use the shampoo daily and just the conditioner perhaps once or twice a week just on the ends, where as with the Matrix I would need to use conditioner on the ends every day or close to it. I won't completely drop my Matrix, but will keep it and switch these out. I will definitely continue to buy Glossy Volume in the future. I was really surprised at how much I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jrechts1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this shampoo for fine hair and it really dried out my hair. I have an oily scalp but dry ends from coloring and blow-drying, so maybe the shampoo for normal hair would be better for me. I don't feel like it added any glossiness or volume. Overall, I hoped for much more from this product from reviews I have read in magazines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A very nice high quality shampoo. It actually gave me more moisture then volume. It rinsed completely clean on my oily roots/dry ends hair type & did give me bouncy hair. It has a very nice scent, a little on the strong side that lingers after rinsing. I dont know if my hair looks any glossier, but it feels great & uncoated. Usually when I use volumizing shampoos my hair feels liks straw after (before conditioner) with this one it felt great after shampooing, and was not tangled. I have tried the new pro vive volume shampoo (the non glossy version) and while that one gives more volume then this glossy version, it also dries the hair out more. I can also say the conditioner to this matching glossy volume shampoo is HIGHLY moisturizing, a little too moisturizing for anyone looking for volume. It doesnt coat, or weight my hair down, but its very moisturizing. I think this is great for most people because most of us who want volume also want moisture and you get this with this shampoo. I cant say enough about all of the vive pro products i have tried, they rival high end!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lolabangs

I tried the "fine hair" version and really disliked it. I only used once and then returned it. I was using Loreal's Hydragloss shampoo for very dry/damaged, which I love (see review). But I thought I would try something new. I found the glossy volume made me quite frizzy, plus individual hairs stuck together, which happens when it's not moisturized and/or my shampoo sucks! It also smelled gross compared to Hydagloss. I have found volumizing shampoos/conditioners can be drying and make my fine, damaged hair too fluffy/frizzy, so I'll just stick to a moisturizing shampoo/condish and use mousse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an every other day shampoo for me. I mix it with my everday shampoo and love the results. It makes my hair shiny, soft, and thick. My hair's quite fine, naturally blonde, and fragile. However, I have a fair amount of fine hair so achieving a thick look to my hair is possible. My other complaint about this shampoo is that my hair is greasier the next day than if I had used my everday shampoo. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ohsammi67

This did add volume to my hair but it also dried it quite a bit. I have color treated hair wavy hair that normally gets limp. This worked for body but can't handle the drying effect on my hair!