April 23, 2014 | 2043 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Patisserie

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ashlayton

After I finished my tube of MAC Hello Kitty Cute-ster, I had long searched for a valid replacement in my collection and this lipstick comes pretty close. It's a very nude, light, lipstick, but works for me as I have very fair skin (NW15).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LucaBaby

Patisserie and Bare Slimshine are my go to lipsticks...I love this color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wasnt for me, didnt even try it, way too light & milky looking. Could tell it would was out my nc25 pink face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Patisserie is a pretty neutral, nothing that knocks my socks off, but a good basic to have around. I really think they ought to incorporate this color into the permanent line. Viva Glam V is similar, but a little darker and browner. Patisserie is a mid-tone slightly mauvey pink, but I think it must be a bit warmer than that description suggests. My skin tend to amplify cool tones in lipsticks that look neutral on other people, so if Patisserie were a true mauve-pink, then it would look cooler, purpler and less flattering on me. It's neutral and kind of blends into my natural lip color.

The texture is nice. Smooth and somewhat sheer. There's no glitter or frost, thank goodness, so it looks pretty natural. It's a decent MLBB-type shade, but not that impressive overall. I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pefect MLBB for my nc42-44 skintone. I love it even better than VGV and hug me! It's a lustre so it's silky and a bit hydrating on my lips. Would definitly repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Patisserie is a very sheer nude colour, it doesn't even really do anything to my pigmented lips. It's a luster, which can be a hit or miss for me. The texture is somewhere between "nice" and "sits on top." It sort of feels like it would be moisturizing, but instead just sits on top of dry lips without soaking in. I don't get the hype over this colour. I'm lumping it into the mediocre pile along with Marquise D' - they're very similar in colour and texture IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Elizabby

Well, it isn't what I expected. I was told this is a perfect neutral - but on me it looks more warm and peachy than I really wanted. My skin is fair (NW20) and very pink and cool. I often find lipstick looks quite warm, peachy or even orange when it isn't supposed to. This isn't that bad - I can and do wear it for a quick slap and go, but it isn't my HG neutral lipstick - the search for that elusive animal continues...

Apart from that slight disappointment, it really is a very nice lipstick. If you like peachy-pink-pale creamy lipstick this might be your HG even if it isn't mine! The formulation is lovely, comfortable to wear, slightly glossy finish but not too much. I didn't really notice the shimmer, which is a good thing for me - just a natural looking gloss. The usual vanilla MAC scent, which I quite like, and the usual MAC bullet packaging which is also fine (if you don't mind it being the same shape as a suppository). I fully expect this will be someone's HG neutral lipstick, it just isn't mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

Gives a nude lip look-more gold tone than pink. I'm a NC20-30 Asian w/yellow undertones so this color washed me out a little. It didn't look bad but I wanted something w/ a little more color. exchanged it for High Tea instead which didn't wash me out at all and looks great even w/out liner for a polished nude lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Another love of mine! I dont know how I missed reviewing this lippie, as it is one that I wear on a daily basis, for my no-make up look. I also love to wear this when wearing a smokey eye, as it is the perfect nude-pink lip for me. I have highly pigmented lips and this lippie is creamy and pigmented enough to neutralize my lip color. It isn't as longlasting as other MAC lippies I've worn, but still beautiful and worth it nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MAC really hit a home run with this lipstick! This is a slightly paler, pinker, less shimmery version of VGV, which I have and love... but this lipstick is nearly the same shade and hue of my natural lips! A great nude that isn't actually *beige*. Wonderful lipstick!