MAC Patisserie

4.3

on 8/22/2012 2:58:00 PM

im nw 15 -nw 20 (for reference) and on me its a beige nude, kind of MLBB. its pretty subtle and great for day time, i wish it was slightly more pinkish though. i was gonna buy both patisserie and high tea and the MUA at mac store talked me out of it, because she said they are pretty close so i dont need both of them. so, i guess high tea can be a close dupe of patisserie..

i have mixed feeling about it, although its a "practical" color its kinda blah for me so i dont know if i would repurchase it, maybe i would get it from B2M program for free.

on 8/22/2012 12:28:00 PM

I really wanted to like this lipstick more than I did. Despite being a very fair NW10 or lighter, my lips are quite pigmented, so unfortunately this didn't look quite right on me, a tad bit too pale on my lips. The tone was perfect, I just wish it was a bit darker. Also, the lustre finish wore off quite quickly and somehow emphasized any imperfections/dry patches on my lips. I will continue to use it as an occasional pale-lip effect as an addition to a dramatic smokey eye look, but I don't think I would repurchase. Shame!
EDIT: For some reason I seem to be getting a lot of compliments on this lipstick despite not liking it much myself. Maybe I'm just not personally into pale lips?

on 4/13/2012 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this lipstick! It is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks.

I was looking for a lipstick that was comparable in color to Nars Chihuahua lipgloss. I adore the color of that particular lipgloss, but it has little staying power and I HATE the stickiness of lipgloss (especially when my hair gets glued to my mouth lol).

I had a bunch of empty MAC containers and used them to get this and a few other lipsticks free through MAC recycling program. I just adore that program! This lipstick was a very good alternative. I also picked up MAC's Bare Again, as it was also a good color dupe. Neither are spot on, but they looked great. I think even better than the Nars lipgloss.

Right now I have the smallest little nub left on this lipstick. I am definitely looking forward to buying this again and again! :) I love MAC and I love this lipstick! :D

on 3/2/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really go back and forth with this lipstick. Maybe this doesn't work for me b/c my lips are so pigmented. I feel that it applies really streaky, and looks quite frosty, doesn't seem like a lustre to me at all. I didn't notice until I began to use it, or else I would not have purchased it. It's not horrible, but definitely not my fave.

on 2/26/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great MLBB shade for me. I have fairly pigmented lips and this is just a tad lighter than my natural lip color. Great for a natural, polished look that doesn't scream "I'M WEARING LIPSTICK". Lasting power on me is only about an hour and a half. Not drying, but isn't moisturizing either. I think for many people Patisserie can work for a good natural lip look.

on 9/19/2011 11:48:00 AM

Patisserie is really a MLBB for my NC20 skin and reddish pink lips. I would call it nude, but in the sense of 'I'm not wearing anything on my lips', not the pale nude you pair with smokey eyes. It does intensify/deepens my lip colour a little and with Mac Subculture used as a lip liner, that's the perfect natural lip. Texture is very nice to wear, overall it's a great everyday lipstick.

on 7/17/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Along with VGV this is my favoritest MLBB shade. I like that it's a lustre and I can build it up if I want to. the only thing I deslike about it is the wear time (2 hours tops), but I will rebuy when I'm finished with it.

on 5/23/2011 7:31:00 PM

This is my favorite MAC lipstick, actually this is my favorite lipstick in general. It is a great MLBB shade that matches perfectly with my NC20 skin tone.

on 4/30/2011 4:43:00 AM

definitely, not my favorite lipstick.
is very moisturizing, the color doesnt last.
Color is very pale, almost like gloss. Nothing special.
hug me is still my favorite nude lipstick! by far!

on 3/22/2011 5:45:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick. It's great as a nude lip with smokey eyes, suitable for work, and looks MLBB. I really wish it wasn't L/E. I got it at CCO but I don't know if they still carry it. Does anyone know a dupe for this?

Recommended for Medium Skin