April 19, 2014 | 1845 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful, flawless, lightweight, great coverage, so easy to work with, This is by far my favourite foundation that I ALWAYS reach for, amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mdenburg

I wanted this to work so desperately, but this was THE WORST foundation I ever put on! It made y skin look so dry, right aftr I put it on. (and yes I applied primer before hand). Oh well, my hunt for foundation continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a generous sample of this, being all excited about trying an HD foundation as these are supposed to be great for mature skin and was suggested to me by a Sephora SA after they did the SkinIQ(for foundation matching). Not my skin, although I did like the initial finish and all, but I found that it kind of disappeared over the course of the day and got greasy besides. This broke me out in 3 days, at age 66 no less. Good thing I didn't buy the $42.50 bottle at Sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by zezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I did a lot of research on this product before purchasing it(since it is pricey).
I love the texture, it is very velvety and the colour matches me perfectly (117). I have dry skin predominately and my nose is oily. It works well for my skin and masks my horrible pigmentation on my cheeks. definitely a medium coverage foundation and it stays on pretty long, not as long as my other beloved revelon colour stay though. I would definitely repurchase this in the summer as my summer foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pigmonkey05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! This is so amazing, it matches my skin tone perfectly, I wear N115 ivory, and it is a medium to full coverage foundation, which I really love. I also love it's packaging a lot, because it has a pump. I need foundation with pumps! I just let my Revlon colorstay(one of my fav foundation) sit there because it has no pump and I ruined my shirt once when I was shaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by thecharberry

This is my HG foundation. I was using the Chanel Pro Lumiere for years and when it was discontinued (I still get sentimental when I think about it), I spent almost a year trying to find its replacement. The HD High Definition was recommended to me when I was desperately sampling foundations at Sephora. I have been using this foundation for about two years now.

I like a matte foundation that also allows for a luminous healthy glow to the skin. This foundation is perfect for that look. I prefer to apply it with a wet sponge for that polished look. Dot the foundation on and bounce away!

Like many reviewers have mentioned, it can become quite drying in the winters. As a solution, I usually mix it with one TINY drop of face moisturizing oil (I use Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil). In the summers, I simply apply the foundation on top of my moisturizer. If you're like me and get oily during the day, you might have to use a tissue to blot. I usually only have to blot once, if at all, in the late afternoons. I would avoid using a powder on top of this foundation as it may look and become cakey.

A huge plus with this foundation is that it looks great in person AND it looks great in pictures (flash included)! I would say it is medium coverage but definitely buildable. I prefer a natural skin look so I usually only apply one layer (one pump and a half for face and neck). I have some acne scars and this foundation sets a good base to apply a spot concealer. If you have dark circles like me, this foundation might not be enough. Just add a hydrating under-eye concealer in your routine and you're good to go!

The HD foundation lasts almost all day. I apply it at 7:30am and it looks great even after I finish work at around 6:00pm! I guess it really depends on what you want out of your foundation and how you want your skin to look. I suggest getting a sample so you can play around with it and find your colour. Have fun & good luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by pandah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all the rave reviews, I couldn't wait to try this foundation. I've been on the hunt for my HG foundation and was hoping this would be IT, or at the very least an option to have around. OMG, worse foundation I've ever tried!! The foundation goes on easily. It looked very creamy/greasy upon application which I thought was weird since this foundation is "oil free". About 20 minutes after application, the color oxidized 2 shades darker! I was already on the way to the mall so I thought OMG maybe no one will notice. THEN it turned an orangy color. Upon seeing my friend, she asked if I didn't have any foundation on today (since none of my imperfections were covered) and why my skin looked all "jacked up". I went straight to the Estee Lauder Counter-wiped this mess off and applied the Double Wear to which my friend laster said oh nice, now your skin is glowing.

What a let down to say the least!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this foundation so bad, but it gave me the worst pimples I've ever seen! The HD powder did the same as well. Coverage and shade were amazing, but getting pimples each time I used it wasn't worth it. I have to admit that I bought this because I saw this well-known YouTuber put this on to cover her zits (can't remember her name). So, to all the ladies who suffer from acne, beware of this product. I suggest not buying a full-size UNTIL you know for sure it doesn't break you out, but that's if you want to try it. It may work for you, but just be cautious. I will not buy this product due to bad experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out 118, 127, 123. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scars.

Although this looks good in photos, it oddly does not look good in real life which was my biggest issue with this product. I *think* my color was 123 - 127 was far too yellow and 118 too pale. Medium coverage. Pump packaging. Cost is over $40. Nothing too special in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by olivia0708

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this foundation because I had read some pretty good reviews about it. I finally returned it to Sephora today because it has been breaking me out into tiny, itchy pimples. Not only that, but it looks awful on my skin; like others have said, it clings to my dry patches and accentuates spots that I am trying to cover. It's definitly not worth the $45 I spent on it. If you have sensitive skin like I do, I would NOT recommend this product.