October 24, 2014 | 1389 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by liquidfir

i freaking love alpha girl. going to get a back up for this.

i am a nc20 to nc 25 (depending on weather). love love love love love this. alpha girl is not as pigmented compared to normal powder blushes BUT that makes it so easy to control the payoff. sometimes for normal powder blushes, i get a little heavy handed and my face looks like an apple.

but for alpha girl, even if i pack on too much it will still look pink and give my face a healthy pinkish glow. perfect for a subtle natural look

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by gonzogolas

I'm very pale (NW 15) and I LOVE this on me. It gives such a great warm look to the skin. I use it both as a blush and as an all over face color. I use this and dandelion to add color to my face, depending on whether I have a warm or cool look. It's perfect for summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a fair complexion (MAC C2) and purchased this mainly for the gorgeous packaging I must admit. I bought this to use as a no-brainer blush and while the color is beautiful as a peachy/pink wash, I would not call it unique. It is very light and to get it to show on my cheeks I had to really pack it on, by applying about 3 times with a heavy hand. I know this isn't supposed to be a blush, but a beauty powder so I gave it a 4 rating. But those of you who are thinking of trying this as a blush, just know it isn't very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My oh my, this is gorgeous! I looooooooooove the packaging, and I'm kicking myself for not buying a backup. This is the prettiest peach beauty powder. I find that it's pretty pigmented on my nc20 skintone, it gives me a true peach glow and makes my cheeks bright and fresh looking. This is everything I have wanted other peach blushes to be. Looks awesome with pearl sunshine beauty powder, also w/northern light msf... works well with style blush too... Love this for the summer!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I, too, love this product. I'm a cool-toned PPP and use it as a blush rather than an all-over beauty powder. I have TONS of pink, rose and berry blushes but not many peachie blushes. This is the perfect pinky peach for my lighter than NW15 skin. I thought the packaging would be too "young" for me now that I'm 40, but I've found that I love the packaging as well. I also like the fact this is a matte beauty powder, not all shimmery like a lot of them are. I was tempted by the Shy Beauty BPB, which is similarly colored, but all the ones I tested were VERY shimmery. Alpha Girl kind of reminds me of a softer Shy Beauty without the shimmer. I'm new to MAC this year, and I've quickly become an addict. MAC Alpha Girl is one of the reasons. I find myself reaching for it a LOT. It works particularly well over Hipness blush, but it's beautiful as a blush on its own. I also like the name of this product as I am a Type-A personality. With the lovely color, the lack of any noticeable shimmer, the festive packaging and the name, I like to think Alpha Girl is made for me. :) Also, even though I'm a PPP and this works perfectly for me, I think it would be lovely on darker-skin ladies as well -- as a highlighter or as a beauty powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by smudged_eyeliner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! Im so sad its limited edition as i love it so much and cant buy a back up as it sold out on the second day it came out online, its one of my favourite items of make up i own. First of all the packaging is GORGEOUS, its so girly, sparkly and pink which i love! The powder inside looked more like a pure pink online but when i got it i noticed there is a little peach in it too which i find very flattering, because it is a beauty powder and not a blusher, its virtually impossible to be too heavy handed with it, a few swipes on the apples of my cheeks and i look glowing (even when i dont feel it!) you can have it as light or as heavy as you like, its so fine it never looks powdery on your skin and if you use a little it doesnt look like you are wearing blusher, it just looks like you are healthy and glowing, some people complain it is too sheer to notice but i absolutely disagree with that, its sheer in a natural way, but even if i just do 2 light swipes on my cheeks, its noticeable and im not super pale, i feel like it would still be noticeable even when im wearing fake tan which i sometimes do but i havent tried that yet and anyway i dont like super pigmented blush/beauty powder as its hard to control i prefer to build up the colour gradually especially as its so finely milled it never looks like you are wearing a ton of powder, i absolutely love this and wish it wasnt limited edition but even when i run out i will still use the compact for the mirror because the packaging is so cute! please MAC make this permanent! =)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so pale, it barely shows up! I am C2 in F&B and i am glad i bothered to check this at the counter before wasting my money..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know that a lot of people are hating on this product but despite all of the MUA hate, I decided to try it anyways....and I like it! I wasn't sure if it would show up on me (NC35-40) but I used Smooth Harmony BP as a contour with a 168 and then Alpha Girl above it with the 168 as well and it's a really pretty, soft peachy-pink with minimal (visible) shimmer. It's a very nice and fresh shade, which I think is perfect for spring. So for those who are scared that it won't show up or those who had problems with it, try applying with a brush like a 168 or 109, instead of a "regular" blush brush. Also, the packaging is to die for. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

The compact alone is worth retail, IMO. I'm 25, and to me, it's adorably reminiscent of the 80's and early 90's, and especially of Bubbletape, if anyone remembers that stuff.

But onto the actual product...
I didn't expect that much from this after swatching it at the counter. It looked a little sheer and blah. But I bought it anyway, because of the packaging, and when I got it home and tried it on, it was love. This gives me such a fresh, healthy, warm pink glow. It's really not like anything else I own. Being a cool-toned PPP (nc/nw15 with serious pink undertones), I generally go for berry-tinged pinks, like True Romantic, which I picked up the same day. This looks warmer on me, without being peach, which doesn't flatter me. I also love that it doesn't have any sparkles ala NARS Angelika, but instead such a finely milled pearlescence that it give me a glow with no discerible glitter. Also lacks that horrible chalkiness of Barbie Pearl Blossom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

YES, I would ABSOLUTELY purchase this again, if this weren't LE.:( I almost didn't buy this, but so glad that I did! Gives just a hint of pink/peach color, great neutral for darker/smokey eye. Also great to use over other blushes, to soften color. I'm in love! Oh & the case, imo is just too cute!