November 29, 2014 | 1022 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Fabulous as a gentle (use a light touch), thorough exfoliator. I can even use it as my cleanser if I like. It does not irritate my sensitive skin. Very inexpensive for this product. Light and inoffensive scent.

CONS: There aren't any "cons" for me.

ALTERNATES: This is a cheap dupe for Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. It's listed as a Microdermabrasion, but it's not harsh enough to be that sort of product. I find that it doesn't sud up like some of the reviewers said it does. I normally like to use a facewash before using this product to ensure that my face is squeaky clean. You don't need to use a lot of this product, just a tiny little dot and it goes a long way due to the densely packed granules. This is actually a super cheap product for the amount you get. I believe I paid 10 CAD for it, but will probably last me forever.

This product has got fine granules in a gel like base that gives off a very "comfortable sloughing off dead skin" feeling. The granules are fine and densely packed, so it's great for people who have sensitive skin, or people who have never tried a scrub before. It's nonirritating for my picky skin, and I haven't broken out since using this stuff, and I use this every night. You can apply gentle pressure or as hard as you want, your face won't feel like you're using gravel. Also, this stuff comes off super easy and none of the granules get stuck up in my hair (I use this in the shower). My face feels completely soft and smooth.

The only thing I'd probably dock a lippie off for (but I didn't) is because of the scent. I hate how it smells too perfumey.... Kind of reminds me of clean laundry or something. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's just a bit too strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first scrub (other than a home-made mix of bicarb of soda and Cetaphil) that doesn't break me out. There is always something in scrubs that irritates my skin, but this stuff doesn't. It exfoliates gently and leaves my skin glowy. It's also genuinely gentle enough to use every day.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the same one I'm using. The one I use is St Ives Daily Microdermabrasion. It might just be a different name for the Australian market.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

very very soft and non harsh .. i use it on my neutrogena microderm abrasion thing becaue cant find there microderm stuff ne where on the market and go in circles for about five min then wash off and moisturize and it leaves my skin soft ,clean and glowing i wil buy and buy again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Sharellyo

I bought this like maybe two weeks ago and I must say that I like it. I do think that the smell should be reduced, however, it is not so overwhelming that I would want to discontinue it! The packaging is also simple enough.

I prefer this to the Apricot type scrubs (way to harsh no matter how gently I massage plus they break me out). I haven't had any professional microdermabrasion treatments so I cannot compare but I really like the hydrating silica it is exfoliating but not harsh and grainy. I don't feel like I am scrubing my skin off. I also was a acne sufferer (visible acne bumps not present now only a few PIH- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) so harsh products make me have flare ups. I also use anti-acne products to and I believe that exfoliating make other topical products penetrate and work better!

Rinses clean, leaves my skin feeling softer....I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I was so pleasantly surprised by this product. I have avoided St. Ives scrubs in the past because the particles were too large and irritating. This scrub has the tiniest silica grains that very gently polish skin. Another plus is that this scrub does not use plastic beads that wash down the drain. The gel is pretty gentle and I like the scent. For under $5, you really can't beat this scrub. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love, LOVE this product. It polishes just enough but doesn't rub my face raw. It smells quite lovely and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by brainsandlove

I Love this product ! i like it better than apricot scrub ( the grains are finer and feel like ocean salt ) and as a previous reviewer mentioned , it can be used in various ways . i don't know why but they changed the packaging didn't they ? and on that it specifically says that it's ok to use it daily ... and that's been helping me keep blemishes away for a month now (yayie!)
so fingers crossed ! can't imagine going anywhere without it ( though it might be harsh to use in the winter everyday ) o well :)

pros -
awesome at smoothing skin
keeps whiteheads away with regular use esp. the chin and nose areas

cons-
could not really ask more from a product priced this low and this awesome !!

EDIT !
found dermalogica chemical exfoliant and probably will not be going back to this any time soon :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is one of the very few low end products that perform like a high end one. This is a fabulous product if you want a thorough scrubbing. I cannot ever imagine using this daily, as the label says since my skin would be rubbed raw. The great thing is that you can adjust the way you using this product depending upon your goals. Use with water and lots of product for a gentle scrub, use dry for one with more power and use dry with less product for a thorough scrub. It does leave little particles on the hairline so I suggest that you use this prior to showering. No smell, its concentrated and all in all a no fuss, very effective product which I got on sale for $5. Highly recommended, the best low end scrub I have used, you canít go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by nuityeux

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I find this product to be very good - I use it in the shower to cleanse my face. It has a lovely gel texture with fine microbeads and works very well at removing makeup and flaky skin - leaves the skin looking very clear and soft after use. For me, the down side (and seems to be just me) is that I cannot stand the smell of it - literally it makes me feel sick to my stomach (and I am one who likes fragranced products). I find it very strong and cannot pinpoint what that odor is - green grass? vanilla? Not sure - but wow - very strange. Also, I find the cap unusually hard to flip up (again, maybe just me) - I have had other St. Ives products and never had this problem - maybe it is just this tube? At any rate, I really like the product and despite my stomach turning while using it, I do continue to use it as it is one of the best exfoliators I have ever had. Would I recommend it - you bet I would :))