December 21, 2014 | 1953 users online

Scrubs - Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice mask, very moisturizing. I tried a sample and have just used it that one time, but I really like this mask. Nice exfoliation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

the package, like any other Skinfood products, is uber cute.like a jar of jam, or frozen yogurt.

i've read all the hype about how good this mask is. about it hydrates, etcetera. so i gave it a try.
not like it at all. i find this too abrasive, harsh, and i feel like im using sandpaper on my face.i notice this stingy scent, and it leaves my skin reddish, irritated and it hurts. i don't even massage it onto my skin but it's terrible.

i use it for my feet, elbows& knees; and this mask works nicely there. will repurchase it? no. i'd stick to my homemade oat-coffee grains-milk-and honey for my feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this the last time I went to the Skin Food store and was a bit hesitant to try it. After reading reviews and how to use it appropriately, I went in for the jump one night. This little mask/scrub smooths out your face. My face looked significantly even toned, and the next morning my usual redness on my cheeks were nowhere to be found (: I feel that in order to make this scrub work, you should dampen your face with warm water, and immediately apply the scrub so that the sugar particles will dissolve, and then gently exfoliate away. This stuff is next on my to-buy list!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Got a sample from Skin Food in Korea and it exfoliates really well--left my skin super soft, so I think I'll purchase the full size:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I swore by this product a few years back, but have become a bit of a HE only snob when it comes to skincare. Thankfully, I decided to venture back to some cheap roadshop brands and realized some work just as great (if not better). My skin is recovering from a painful breakout from a HE brand moisturizer but this exfoliator is helping speed recovery up nicely. It's not too abrasive, has a mild scent, and really helps boost my complexion. One thing I'm not too happy about though is that for the price, it doesn't contain that much product. One tub gives around 10 applications, give or take.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

I actually have the tube version of the black sugar scrub, called black sugar scrub foam. The main difference between the foam and wash off versions are a) packaging and b) the wash off one you should massage for about 20 seconds whereas the foam is more of a cleanser/face wash you can use in the morning. The grains are nicely coarse, not too much but enough that you don't need to rub hard to get the dead skin off. Smells gorgeous, nothing negative to say about it really. I guess it is a bit pricey, so in a way it is a nice luxury but probably not enough to merit the price tag (st ives is only 3pounds, this scrub is about 15pounds).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Scent is wonderful, scrub very coarse, takes a while to get used to. After gently massaging onto my dry face, stone mill turns into milky colour. Leave it onto your face for 15 min and rinse off.
Face is very smooth after each scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a mask. The directions say to apply it to a wet face AND mix the product with either water or toner before massaging into your skin and washing it off AFTER 10~15 minutes. :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

it's kinda rough at first but it leaves the skin feeling pretty nice and clean. i especially love the smell.
however i would recommend this for the body more than the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this (have to try not to eat it!) and it not only scrubs, but also has moisturising properties. After scrubbing my face, i leave it on for a while (it's a mask afterall) before washing it off. After usage my skin looks brighter and smoother!