December 21, 2014 | 1551 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by amandarud08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I had a pixie cut back in Feb 2013 after damaging my black hair to platinum blonde. This stuff is amazing. I wish it was a pump instead of just an open cap. It leaks easy but other than that I love this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate using silicone based products, but I do use this just because it works so well. I never put it on wet hair, I just use a little bit to smooth my hair as a final styling effort before I walk out the door and for this it works well at keeping my hair sleek all day. Only things I don't like are that the smell could be a bit gentler and I think its very expensive. Oh and don't buy the 25ml for travelling - both of the ones I bought leaked ;(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

HG hair product! Love the smell and makes my hair sooooo soft. Price is high but I think it's worth it. Try out the smaller bottle before investing in the larger size. Doesn't leave my hair greasy or oily and is very light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by TheresaDiMoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells heavenly and really helps with keeping the hair frizz-free and looking smooth and shiny. My only concerns are that it's full of silicones and overpriced; and also tends to make my skulp extra oil. Anyone else had this problem?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I really do adore this hair oil because it means I can continue to get away with not conditioning my hair (bar twice a month deep-conditioning treatment).

The other benefit of using this is that it makes my hair (black, thin strands but lots of it, naturally neither straight nor wavy... (does my head in!)) nice and wavey! There's a method to this: towel dry hair, DO NOT COMB, scrunch two pumps of moroccanoil into the bottom two-thirds of my hair and leave to air dry. Works every time.

Just one con - the packaging! It leaks so if you're going to take this to the gym with you make sure you get either the travel version, or decant it into a bottle that is at least half-decent in it's promise to not leak when slightly off-kilter.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by merryr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am 58 years old and my natural hair is white on the top and sides and gray in the back. I have colored my hair dark blonde and I love it (L'Oreal Excellence creme, 7bb permanent hair color). However I was using dark Moroccanoil the whole time (every time I shampooed my hair, for 3 months) not realizing that it was the oil that was turning my hair an unnatural brassy yellow color, which became MUCH worse when I spent some time in the sun. I used the oil on my virgin non-porous white hair and it was fine, but on the porous colored hair it was weird. My friends asked me what color my hair was supposed to be. Not the mark of a great color job! Finally after doing a little research online, I discovered that oil (any oil) not only strips hair color, but the dark Moroccanoil will turn blonde hair brassy yellow. I have not tried the light Moroccanoil, but I don't think I will after this fiasco.

I shampooed my hair with a color safe shampoo to get the oil out and then shampooed again with Blue Malva (purple shampoo) and left it on a few minutes (under 5) (to neutralize the yellow) and my hair looks like a more normal medium blonde, not yellow.

Ok, the next day my hair still looked a little brassy, so I shampooed with Pureology Hydrate shampoo. This shampoo is a medium lavender color to be used like Blue Malva to neutralize brass, but not as strong as Blue Malva. (You can also mix Blue Malva with a color safe shampoo to lessen the strength) I then used the companion conditioner in Pureology Hydrate (which is white, NOT purple) and left it in about 20 minutes. I then rinsed my hair and blew it dry and it looked much better, not completely normal but normal enough.

I believe that the Moroccanoil built up and stained my hair so I needed to get as much out as I could before recoloring.

Update: Moroccanoil is almost pure silicone, which coats the hair and sulfate free shampoo supposedly does not remove the silicone because the silicone is not water soluble. Heat locks the silicone into your hair making it hard to remove. Could contribute to early fading of color because the color isn't able to penetrate through the silicone.
It is better to look for products with water-soluble silicone or silicone free.

I gave the oil 1 lippie because it was moisturizing, but has been a pain for me to get my color corrected. It would probably work on virgin hair very well, but there is still the problem of build up.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Nikkinoona09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is totally worth the money. I do not do my hair unless I have this to hand. Best results on wet hair/ towel dried I use about 3-4 pumps then blow dry. Don't worry It will soak in and the heat from the hairdryer will open cuticles so the product can soak in deeper giving you a better finished result. Will make hair smoother shinier and stronger. I'm a professional hairdresser and use plenty of oil treatments and this is one of the best and I travel with it always and so do my clients. Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetfreckels

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent for my Keratin treated hair, it makes it last longer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Lexy123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well i thought this product was wonderful, it does exactly what it claims to do. Don't put it near your roots though, you wouldn't want greasy hair. I loved it, my hair feels lighter, softer, and shinier than before. The only bad thing about this product is the price. The biggest one is near $54 and the smallest is near $14. If you were planning on buying this product, start off with the smallest one, and if you like it then go up a size. (Note that the small bottle lasts up to 5 months).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initially, I was very skeptical of this product.
I wouldn't have purchased it if it wasn't for my 50% discount (I work in a spa that sells it). I got the small bottle and..I like it. I don't love it. But I can totally see why people rave about it. When I wear my hair curly I prefer to use natural oils (sweet almond, jojoba, ect). However, when I wear my hair straight, this oil makes it super smooth and shiny! It smells nice and seriously gives me the BEST shine without making my hair greasy and sticky. I'm going to buy a small bottle for my hair dresser to use when she blows out my hair because currently she uses biosilk (meh).
Knocked of a lippie because of the exorbitant cost and the small bottle should come with a dropper. I mean wtf is up with pouring it in your hands all willy nilly? It's just poor design.