August 1, 2014 | 937 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is overpriced but I think it's worth it. I apply it to the body, particularly legs, 3 times a week. Nothing has been so effective on dry skin, I have tried every moisturiser and this is far superior to all. It takes a bit of time to work it from the tin,which is handy to transport, I heat it with a hair dryer and apply it with a large powder puff-works like a dream! No more lizard legs with this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This product's packaging and scent is what grabbed my attention. I'm a sucker for the Apricot Flower scent, and the pretty tin was the sinker to the aforementioned hook and line!

The shea butter is easily absorbed by my skin, and I can tell it's moisturising because a) it feels like it (duh!) and b) when I apply it, the dry/white skin around my cuticles disappears. I also love that it's not greasy at all!

However, one small complaint: application of the the product itself will take some getting used to, just because pure shea butter takes quite a while to work into the skin. I have this product at work at the moment, and it's quite irritating to wash my hands and then moisturise with this product. I have to swipe my hand back and forth across the surface to remove some from the tin, and then place this either on the palm, or back of my hand, and then warm it up before I can spread it properly. Then repeat!

I think I'll switch this to a next to bed product. That way I can leisurely apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the little tin of this a while ago, and used it on my lips and cuticles (where it did a good, but not stunning, job). . .then it got pushed to the back of my drawer. But I just rediscovered it in the midst of an awful winter, and have fallen in love with it!
I was outside in the cold and wind for a while, and my skin looked really dry, with a lot of wrinkles around my eyes and on my upper cheeks (places where I don't usually have wrinkles). So, after I applied my makeup, I swiped a tiny bit of the shea butter on my finger and very lightly patted it onto the wrinkled spots. It didn't mess up my makeup (pat, don't rub), but it DID make the wrinkles disappear completely, and kept my skin looking fresh and hydrated all day.
I also have a scar on my cheek from surgery, and I patted some of the shea butter over it, too (again, on top of my makeup). Amazingly, the scar -- which can sometimes look noticeable if my skin gets dry -- looked much flatter and less conspicuous. I have been using this at night on the scar, too, and it looks quite a bit better.
This is now at the front of my drawer, and I plan to get the larger tin because it's going into regular rotation!

EDITED -- Yikes! This started out so promising, and it really was helping my scar to heal. But, a few weeks after I started using it, I broke out in terrible, cystic acne -- something I've never had in my life! I finally figured out that this was the culprit, and I stopped using it. It took weeks for my skin to clear up. I could probably use this on my hands or my feet or something, but it was such a negative experience that I haven't even opened the tin again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first this gave me great results on my skin. I used it as both a moisturizer and cleanser. For 2 weeks it did a great job at clearing my skin up. I started using it everywhere on my body after that. How wrong I was. Just after 4 weeks of using it my skin, mostly on my body, started breaking out like crazy. I never had body acne until I started this.
It took me an awful long while before I got that stuff out of my system. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why but my lips are extremely dry nowadays. Other times, even cheap and ordinary products helped me instantly. Although I used almost everything from Neutregena, Roc Enydral to Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream, nothing helped that much. I put it on my lips at night and when I woke up: Voila!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by blackberrypatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The pricing is near criminal... shea butter from Whole Foods (NOT known for its inexpensive products) is priced at much less, is great quality, organic, only has one ingredient, is fair-trade, etc, etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Venia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a review for the Shea Butter in the tin. I wish this was better, but it always goes rancid in no time. I think the packaging may not work to keep it fresh. I wish it was better b/c I like the company effort to provide jobs through this product development. The store has a terrible return policy and will not exchange or refund for a fresh tin. However, I still love their shea butter soap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Thena

I have used shea butter for years. Similarly, I have liked L'Occitane products. You can get shea butter for cheaper, but this is very good quality shea butter that is organic and fair traded. I use this primarily on my skin for the harsh, cold dry winters. It's good on all the tough areas such as lips, face, hands, etc. I use it as a daily moisturizer in the nigh and my skin is soft and silky by morning. Shea butter also has built in SPF8 and it can be mixed in with other natural moisturizers. People with dry hair or scalp can use this as well. I'm not a huge fan of the tin. I actually like the look of it but mine can be rather difficult to open for some reason so I never fully close it. L'Occitane products are a treat for me and I only ever buy them in Europe because I can't justify the expense otherwise. I would buy this product again, but I still have so much of it left. It's a big tin and it will last awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lip moisturiser. I keep a large tin in my bedside table to use at night and I wake up with soft, moisturised lips. It's very thick and in cold weather it goes quite hard, but softens easily on warm skin. As it is so thick, I only ever use it at night or if I'm at home, because it looks almost like zinc cream, I put it on so thickly. I like the soft scent and I love the results. Excellent stuff, I just wish it wasn't quite so expensive, but a large tin does last months.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

wow, I RIS and I didn't really expect this to be quite this rich. I remember getting shea butter from a formulater company a while back but it was not like this. This is great to mix with creams to make it thicker and I use this with a little emu oil on my damp hair to smooth, I also drop some into my hair conditioner. I can see this would make a good pre- shampoo treatment too. Now as far as using this straight from the jar I cannot see myself doing that too much because its very sticky plus the jar itself is very clumsy and I can see how you can drop this (I have) . This is good stuff but if you look on Ebay you can get something identiical for a fraction of the price.