July 22, 2014 | 1265 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

My HG shampoo! The smell is ah-mazing, and it leaves my hair feeling incredibly clean, soft and fresh. I don't understand the negative reviews that some other users have given it, except to say that they have different hair types, needs, and expectations from a shampoo. But for me, it works fabulously! I have used it for 2 years and have never felt the need to try anything else since. I used to use Pantene before that and it left me underwhelmed with the so-so results.
I have long fairly thick naturally wavy/frizzy dark blonde hair, and this makes it incredibly soft, shiny, and easy to manage. I would recommend you try it and see if it works for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by DD1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo smells fantastic, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work very well - not terrible, just not great. I have fine hair that was recently highlighted, but I have an oily scalp. Even before the highlighting, this shampoo seemed to do an inadequate job of cleansing and to give my hair a kind of waxy coating. With my budget, I'm trying to "use up" the shampoos I have before buying new, and I guess I felt like I "should" use this one up because of the price and the fact that it's sulfate-free. My tween daughter loves the Cherry Blossom Ginseng shampoo from this company so I may buy that, but I won't be buying the Tea Tree Mint again. P.S. - The Tea Tree Mint conditioner is also unimpressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by iasoaita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this shampoo. Even though my hair gets fairly greasy, i usually have a dry, itchy scalp that tends to flake--especially during winter. After using this a few weeks, my scalp just healed up and my hair looks better than ever. I follow up with a deep conditioner--this is not moisturizing enough for the bottom part of my hair--and my hair has never looked better.My hairdresser complimented me on how good my hair and scalp look. I've gone through two bottles and will try the other shampoos organix has to offer. If i'm unhappy with them I'll just come back to this one. Great shampoo in my book.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I don't love this, but I don't hate this shampoo either. I was expecting this to smell more like tea tree oil, but instead this smells like mint chocolate to me. It lathers up fine and my hair definitely needs conditioner after I wash it, but I find that to be the case with most natural shampoos. I don't think it lives up to its hydrating claims, so I probably won't repurchase. Overall, I prefer the Avalon Organics line of shampoos and conditioners because they have more natural plant-based ingredients and aren't as fake smelling.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

unfortunately, this was not the least bit hydrating. in fact, it did quite the opposite. after every wash, my hair felt unusually dry and brittle. i even tried pre-pooing with a hot oil treatment consisting of coconut and olive oil. still dry...i'm talking sahara desert dry. it also made my scalp itch which is extremely rare for me. the smell was its only redeeming quality :( boo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this because I was looking for a sulfate free, paraben free shampoo. It is NOT hydrating. My relaxed hair was parched after using this shampoo and conditioner combination. I was prepared to donate it to a local shelter at my next trip until...

I decided to start using coconut and neem oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. The neem oil is good on hair but oh my word does it stink! I use this as a lightly rinsing shampoo when doing that treatment because the minty smell removes the stench of the neem oil, and my hair does not seem to lose the benefit of the prewash the way that the Ion clarifying shampoo I used the first time in an attempt to get out the smell. This is not hydrating at all, but it is good for this one purpose. I will probably look for something else when this runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jmerritt0822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the WORST shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. It made my hair dull and brittle. My hair was so dry that it was difficult to brush because my hair would break and tangle. I used it for two weeks, and threw it out. Never again.

(I have very thin, oily hair. So, maybe it's just not for my hair type)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this shampoo with a few others from the Organix line and this one was horrible with my oily hair. It did not lather well, it left residue, and my hair felt like I had coated it in hairspray (I do not use any products in my hair). I did finish 3/4 of the bottle because for the price I couldn't justify throwing it out. My husband used the rest and it worked well for him.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Bought this product during a BOGO Free sale at Walgreens awhile back. Im interested by their sulfate free, natural philosophy.

The tea tree is their hydrating formula. I would say that I love the smell and the lathering capabilities of the formula. At first it was difficult to get a lather going and I would have to shampoo twice but now the trick is to rub and emulsify the product in your hands before you apply to your hair.

The shampoo I feel moisturizes as much as a shampoo can get. It's not super moist but I've never found any shampoo to really do that. It doesn't overly dry out my hair and preps it well for conditioner and styling.

I don't mind the bottles too much. I adore their use of disposable inks for their writing. After a couple of uses you might notice some of the writing on your bottle is gone but hey that is a plus for the environment!!!! Yays!

Overall I would recommend his product to how interested in sulfate free products! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

at first I liked this shampoo but it has turned my hair to straw