October 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

Smelled really nice, and the lather was decent. It, however, dried out my hair and made it unmanageable. For a better organic shampoo I would recommend Giovanni's product line or David Babaii for Wildaid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair loved this shampoo...when it was super short. Now that it's grown past my shoulders this shampoo just doesn't work the same. I kind of don't like the cone in it either; I don't avoid silicones as far as conditioners/stylers go, but I don't like them in my shampoos. It's a little drying, but not as drying as most shampoos I've tried. Plus the accompanying conditioner that I used to also enjoy when my hair was shorter took care of that. I might revisit it and edit my review in the near future, because this was one of the first products I went to after cutting off all my permed hair, and I loved it. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jessicagee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this with the Tea Tree Mint Conditioner, and get decent results. It makes my hair especially shiny and silky when I blow-dry and straighten. On days that I don't use teat-styling products, though, I think the shampoo makes my hair a bit dry. It works better when used before using heat-styling products. Also, it doesn't do much for dandruff (I bought the Tea Tree in the hopes that it would reduce dandruff, as tea tree is known for helping to maintain healthy scalp.) I like the Organix products, but I think after I use up the bottle I will try another shampoo/conditioner.
Overall, I would recommend if you blow-dry and straighten frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by josieflo

I usually use the cherry blossom shampoo from Organix but I decided to try this one because it smells like Andes mints. I liked it, I didn't love it. It had my head feeling a little dry and itchy even with a conditioner. My hair did feel clean though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

My HG shampoo! The smell is ah-mazing, and it leaves my hair feeling incredibly clean, soft and fresh. I don't understand the negative reviews that some other users have given it, except to say that they have different hair types, needs, and expectations from a shampoo. But for me, it works fabulously! I have used it for 2 years and have never felt the need to try anything else since. I used to use Pantene before that and it left me underwhelmed with the so-so results.
I have long fairly thick naturally wavy/frizzy dark blonde hair, and this makes it incredibly soft, shiny, and easy to manage. I would recommend you try it and see if it works for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by DD1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo smells fantastic, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work very well - not terrible, just not great. I have fine hair that was recently highlighted, but I have an oily scalp. Even before the highlighting, this shampoo seemed to do an inadequate job of cleansing and to give my hair a kind of waxy coating. With my budget, I'm trying to "use up" the shampoos I have before buying new, and I guess I felt like I "should" use this one up because of the price and the fact that it's sulfate-free. My tween daughter loves the Cherry Blossom Ginseng shampoo from this company so I may buy that, but I won't be buying the Tea Tree Mint again. P.S. - The Tea Tree Mint conditioner is also unimpressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by iasoaita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this shampoo. Even though my hair gets fairly greasy, i usually have a dry, itchy scalp that tends to flake--especially during winter. After using this a few weeks, my scalp just healed up and my hair looks better than ever. I follow up with a deep conditioner--this is not moisturizing enough for the bottom part of my hair--and my hair has never looked better.My hairdresser complimented me on how good my hair and scalp look. I've gone through two bottles and will try the other shampoos organix has to offer. If i'm unhappy with them I'll just come back to this one. Great shampoo in my book.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I don't love this, but I don't hate this shampoo either. I was expecting this to smell more like tea tree oil, but instead this smells like mint chocolate to me. It lathers up fine and my hair definitely needs conditioner after I wash it, but I find that to be the case with most natural shampoos. I don't think it lives up to its hydrating claims, so I probably won't repurchase. Overall, I prefer the Avalon Organics line of shampoos and conditioners because they have more natural plant-based ingredients and aren't as fake smelling.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

unfortunately, this was not the least bit hydrating. in fact, it did quite the opposite. after every wash, my hair felt unusually dry and brittle. i even tried pre-pooing with a hot oil treatment consisting of coconut and olive oil. still dry...i'm talking sahara desert dry. it also made my scalp itch which is extremely rare for me. the smell was its only redeeming quality :( boo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this because I was looking for a sulfate free, paraben free shampoo. It is NOT hydrating. My relaxed hair was parched after using this shampoo and conditioner combination. I was prepared to donate it to a local shelter at my next trip until...

I decided to start using coconut and neem oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. The neem oil is good on hair but oh my word does it stink! I use this as a lightly rinsing shampoo when doing that treatment because the minty smell removes the stench of the neem oil, and my hair does not seem to lose the benefit of the prewash the way that the Ion clarifying shampoo I used the first time in an attempt to get out the smell. This is not hydrating at all, but it is good for this one purpose. I will probably look for something else when this runs out.