L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Soap

on 2/24/2007 11:03:00 AM

Lovely rich creamy soap, mild natural smell (depending on which one you get). I find this very cleansing and moisturising and use it on my face without problems. I have quite sensitive, oily skin and some cleansers were drying it out too much and making it worse. I bought the 100g bar which has lasted me for ages which is good as its quite expensive.I will definitely keep repurchasing the shea soaps. (so far I like the milk one best.)

on 1/10/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love these soaps. They are very moisturizing and smell pleasant. I got these as a gift in scents milk, lavendar, verbana, and sweet lemon. Probably the best soaps I have ever used. I always moisturize when I get out of the shower, so I don't know how moisturizing they are by themselves. I definitely recommend these soaps.

on 1/2/2007 4:32:00 PM

I love this soap!! I used to have really dry hands and my knuckles were red and cracked. This was the only product that cleared it up and when I stop using it for a while I notice that hands get dry again. I will definitely buy again!

on 5/31/2006 4:40:00 PM

My husband and I came across this soap at a very nice hotel. I stepped out of the bath and my husband asked me: Did you try the soap? Did you use the shampoo? Don't you love them? And truth be told, we never got excited over hotel soaps. Too bad we didn't see the maid with her cart...

We hardly use soap, only bath gels, but this has gotten me back to rubbing myself with a good old bar!

Very creamy, soft and moisturizing. High quality product. I've been getting them as gifts.

on 3/18/2006 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My husband and I LOVE these soaps. We routinely purchase the Milk, Verbena and Clementine. In wintertime I also like to use their Honey soaps. The shea butter soaps last quite a while considering how creamy they are. Our skin never feels dried out after use. My husband grew up in a household that used Zest then I explained why he was getting dry skin. Most people don't know that tallowate is in cheap drugstore soaps and tallowate is animal fat that was not suitable to use in food products, yuk! Who wants to be rubbing animal fat on their skin? No wonder there is slime and buildup on showers. He's converted 100% to L'Occitane now.

on 1/28/2006 5:53:00 PM

L'occitane soaps are definitely my favorites. I've tried them all, my favorites are the milk bar soap and the square shaped bonne mere soaps in lavender, honeysuckle, & verbena. All of their soaps are very high quality and so different from your average soap. You really do get what you pay for here. My favorite thing about l'occitane soaps is the lather. It's a dense creamy lather with small bubbles. It's so luxurious and the way soap should be. I don't find the product to be drying to my skin at all and the whole process of lathering up with these bars is an experience in itself. The scents are all so gorgeous and natural, yet subtle and refined. I absolutely love them and always go back to them. If you can catch them on sale, it's even better.

on 8/7/2005 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I didn't like this soap at all!! I found it very drying, it left me so squeaky clean that when I rubbed my skin with my hands after showering, it didn't glide across it, rather it kept ceasing because my skin was so dry, no moisture whatsoever!! Maybe because I live in a hard water area, but with the shea butter in the soap I expected more moisture. Also it made my bath tub really dirty, really quickly!! I'd rather stick to my dove or l'occitane shower gels which are far more moisturising.

I had it in Vanilla and am going to try Milk soon =). I love the texture so much! My skin feels really soft and clean and nourished. I have oily skin for the record. My roommate has dry skin and she loves the soap so much too. The only downside about it is, after using it for a while, the bar tends to be quite.. sloppy.
It lasted about 2 months, for me.

on 3/25/2005 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The three main things that struck me about this soap are:

1. The lovely old fashioned packaging.

2. The clean, relaxing scent

3. The silky, finely milled texture.

This is the best soap I have ever tried, although I still have to use moisturiser afterwards.

on 3/9/2005 1:40:00 PM

I've been using this soap for a few years now. I like the luxurious texture of the bar: not too hard, like those drugstore soaps, and not too soft or melting, like glycerin soaps. I buy the Verbena one, and I feel the fragrance indeed. I even keep a bar in every drawer to perfume my clothes and linens. The fragrance doesn't stay on the skin after bath, however. I trust the quality of this soap and believe in great properties of shea butter on the skin. It just feels well to use it, yet it is a simple product and doesn't require much effort. I definitely recommend it!