Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)

3.6

on 11/24/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in black, received as a Sephora perk. This is the first black pencil I've found that won't transfer. It can be used during the daytime to tightline the top waterline and not smear all over the bottom or gather in the tearduct. I'm blown away. It's not perfectly deep black but it darkens enough to make me look polished in the daytime and less cutesy deer-in-the-headlights (thyroid issues make my eyes look round and huge) without the whole dramatic rimmed black eye. It's also the first pencil I've found that sharpens well and doesn't occasionally splinter. MAC, Elizabeth Arden, L'Oreal (HIP), Guerlain, Armani, and Estee Lauder look disastrous next to this MUFE pencil. Shocked at the quality. I use it every day so it's being run down rather quickly. Almost out, will repurchase en masse.

Edit: One lippy deducted. No longer HG. Although this sharpens better than other pencils, I much prefer not wasting product. The MAC Technakohls in Graphblack and Photogravure are now my all-time favourites for the waterline and tightline.

on 10/31/2011 10:01:00 AM

This is by far my favorite eyeliner pencil. Yes, you have to sharpen, but I don't mind. I use a NARS sharpener and it sharpens very nicely. The pencil glides on nicely and it stays on longer than other eyeliner pencils I've used. My eyes water alot due to allergies but it doesn't smear. No racoon eyes! I've used several colors and all of the colors are great. The price is a little expensive but I've used more expensive liners that didn't work as well. Definitely recommended!

on 9/13/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have owned this in black, blue 15L and plum 4L. None of the pencils left me impressed. The black really is not black enough for me and not as long lasting as a cheap German Essence fluidliner which is also more pigmented. The blue and plum colors were sheer. I had to really push to get color. But the unflattering sheer line that you get finally, does stay on better than average liners. Anyways, I actually prefer Makeup Forever normal eye pencil in black, because I find it more intense and that lasting power is in my opinion almost as good. Also if you want a really cheap and good liner. Go for Wet n wild Color Icon pencil. I have the color shimmery black and it is truly awesome and pigmented.

on 8/29/2011 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I should start by saying that I have sensitive eyes and anything that even mildly scratches my waterline will cause them to tear up and turn bright red. Having said that, this has been a good find for me! It's super creamy, but sets well. It doesn't scratch AT ALL. The pencil glides really well, which helps make nice solid lines so I don't have to go back over everything multiple times. The pigment is good, but it could definitely be better. The black is nice and dark without being scary dark. It's a little pricey at $18 a piece, but if you like using pencil instead of gel/liquid, this is a great pencil to have.

on 8/19/2011 8:26:00 AM

Fabulous!! So happy to have found an eyeliner I can put in my waterline without getting sore irritated eyes. Good pigment, good texture, hasn't smudged on me yet, and stays quite well in the waterline although I did have to re-apply after a few hours.

on 8/5/2011 8:21:00 PM

A good eyeliner for me is all about staying put all day and keeping its vibrant color without smudging OFC.
And also i hate touch-ups, i love long-lasting makeup..when i 1st tried MUFE eyeliner pencil, i didn't expect much as i am used to getting letdown by eyeliner since i live in a very humid weather that made me believe i will always have raccoon eyes ;(
So I put my MUFE aqua eyes and after a long day approximately 8 hours out with friends in a very hot day..I look in the mirror and KABOOM,
-my eyeliner looks great, still Vibrant with no change in color.
-It didn't smudge.
-It just faded a little bit at the end of the day(but that is absolutely not a Con, after a very long day in such humid weather & with an oily skin like mine with absolutely no touch-ups).

I absolutely love it, finally i found my HG eye pencil, sure will get more colors(i have 22L which is a lovely grey that isn't blackish nor silver)
But i recommend you to try it first, because what worked for me isn't necessarily going to work with everyone :-)

on 8/2/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought two of these in the shades Majorelle Blue which is number 15L and also in Grey 22L. I absolutely love the color of the Grey on me, and this does glide on fairly well. Much better than the Revlon colorstay eyeliners. Anyway, the grey color is a perfect shade for my eyes, and it has a hint of blue to it as well. Very pretty.

As for the Majorelle Blue, the bright color was just too intense for me so I am returning that one. I think I will try the navy one next as that one is not as bright.

What I like about this eyeliner is that it glides fairly well, and it's waterproof. It does tug just a little, but not too badly. I can't wait to try more colors.

ETA: This does fade a bit after wearing for a few hours. I had to reapply about four hours later, as the color faded off my lids some. I still love the gray shade though.

on 8/1/2011 5:46:00 PM

Totally overpriced and overrated product. It is NOT waterproof and does not stay on the lower lash line. It faded from my eyes after 4 hours of normal wear, 2 during a party. The packaging was also pretty awful. The liner detached from the wood-like pencil and kept slipping out after a week of use. On first application, the color is lovely and deep, but its total lack of lasting power makes this product a waste of money.

on 7/11/2011 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First, i was a little hesitant to try this product. Remember i was very satisfied with the other similar eyeliner like this. But then, when finally i tried, i'm so impressed! The color was bold, and its stay longer on my lids. And also good in my waterline...

on 6/29/2011 10:08:00 AM

The biggest issue for me was that this liner tugged when I applied to my lid. The formula is very black but a bit too rich/thick to apply evenly and smoothly (unlike UD 24/7 which is also rich but applies more easily). I prefer to go for liners that do not require me to pull my eye lid to apply, but with aqua eyes, I have to pull my lid taut for a perfectly smooth surface so that the liner does not clump on. Again, I'd rather have a liner like UD 24/7 which is a bit more creamy and 'glides' on. (BTW I didn't start writing this to be a aqua eyes vs. 24/7 review but many compare the two so I guess my review turned out that way.)

I do like, however, the water resistant-ness of the formula and it is quite long lasting, not smudging on me all day.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products