July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

WOW!! Best foundation brush ever!!!! RUN RUN RUN out and get this now! SOOO soft! It makes my foundation go on so flawlessly. It cleans so easily and dries so quickly!! Best brush I own! I actually apply my foundation with dots on face then I use this brush in quick circles all over my face...hope this makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is 100% worth the $18 price tag. I purchased my brush at my local Target and my makeup routine is so much better thanks to it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush to buff out blush, highlighting, and contouring powders, after i've applied them with a stippling / skunk brush. I don't want the colors to look streaky or too intense and this brush does a great job of evening and smoothing out the borders between colors.

The fibers are densely packed, they're very comfortably soft, and the top is quite flat. This is one of the SK brushes with an ergonomically shaped handle. I don't know if the shape of the handle really makes a difference, but it's certainly not uncomfortable. And, what the heck, it has a cool sculptural look. I make sure the flat head is flat against my skin, then i move it around in circular motions. There is minimal shedding - i've had mine for several years and i've only noticed a couple hairs coming out in all that time.

I still put my liquid foundation on with a mix of fingers and a flat / paddle foundation brush, but i may give this a try, based on comments here.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. Good balance, full and soft bristles. No shedding. I've only used it on liquid foundations/tinted moisturizers, but it gives a natural finish and blends really well. Very good quality and value.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Functionality-wise, I love this brush. It is the perfect firmness and density for buffing softer creme foundations and liquid foundations. I used to use it with my creme compact foundations...but that's the reason I now have one negative thing to say :( However I do adore it for use with my Chanel Lift Lumiere an USED to like it with my Vitalumiere Compact...but (and keep in mind, I baby my makeup and brushes BIG TIME so this wasn't a result of jamming the brush down into the foundation or being too rough when picking up product on the brush) I started to notice tiny dark flecks in my compact foundation. At first I thought I had gotten a defective batch of makeup, but considering it was Chanel, it was highly doubtful. They got progressively worse and one day I got frustrated and decided to pick them out. I realized it was the tiny ends of my brush bristles broken off in my makeup. They were so bad by then, the makeup was a horrible pain to use because no matter how I applied it after that, the little hairs came with the product :(. $58 bucks down the crapper on that deal! I'm always more than willing to consider "user error" but I am ever so gentle with that foundation simply because I wear it very sheer, and well, it's not the cheapest stuff on earth! I ended up having to toss the pan but kept the compact...waiting for Chanel to release refill pans! (Keep dreaming, right?). Anyhow, like I mentioned before, I love the way it buffs in my Lift Lumiere, my Armani Cream Foundation, and my other softer creams. I just keep it AWAY from stiffer emulsions and compact foundations now. I actually probably would repurchase because it is a lovely product for the price. It's all trial and error, right?! :). Happy makeup-ing everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh how i looove this brush! I have stocked up on it just because i love it so much. Flawless foundation applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by lexabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush.. makes your foundation have an air brush finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is really great. It can be used for some many different things. Liquid or cream foundation, blush and omg its AMAZING for blending concealer. It's small enough to fit under the eyes and around the nose but big enough for applying foundation to be quick and efficient. I specifically bought this to apply my revlon whipped creme makeup but I soon found it can be used for a plethora of other things. It truly is multipurpose. It was a tad expensive but I think that was because I had to buy online. This brush is extremely soft and I always look forward to using it. The bristles are dense and flat so this is probably not good to use if you want to sheer out a foundation or want lighter coverage. I've washed this several times and have experience no shedding or shape loss. Also the handle has an awesome shape and is so cute and glittery. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 4 of these: for foundation, for blush, for powder, and an extra in case the other 3 are dirty. This is the best makeup brush I have ever used. Very versatile, dense, soft, does not shed. Perfection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i agree with all the good reviews on this nice little brush. I bought mine to use with cream blushes. Mostly, I use powder blushes but when the weather turns colder and my skin gets drier, I prefer to use cream foundation and cream blush. I never seem to get a smooth application of the cream blush so I went looking for a little, dense, flat top synthetic brush that did not have long bristles. This works really well. You have to be careful not to pick up too much product but the application is fast and smooth. Gives a natural, flawless look to the cheeks.