November 29, 2014 | 961 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I am in LOVE with this brush. Up until recently, I'd always applied my foundation with cheap, disposable sponges. However, the process took too long and didn't distribute my makeup evenly enough for my liking. I read tons of reviews about this brush online because I needed a change. I finally decided to buy it and all I can say is WOW. This is amazing. I use way less product and take way less time to do my makeup now. The application is fresh and even. The brush is comfortable and easy to use. I paid about $16 and I would gladly do it again. Will definitely repurchase. I'm never going back to my old way of applying makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Luxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using your typical MAC foundation brush for years to apply and then a cone sponge to blend in my foundation. I never liked the look of how my foundation blended with a brush....that is until I tried this brush. Based on Pville reviews I got this brush and OMG....I love it. It blends so well without streaking and it's so soft. The brush itself is very dense and of goood quality. the handle is super comfortable and easy to work with. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chrissadonner

This brush is so lovely! The bristles are so densely packed (not to mention soft!) and they really deliver the product on to your face, they dont eat up all the product, which i like. Even distribution and great blending for blush, contour, foundation and highlight. The size is just right, not overly large, nor overly tiny, making it very multi-functional. I've had it close to 6 months now and I've never experienced shedding, even during cleaning. The handle is pretty cute and curvy, as well as comfortable to use. Definitely a staple in my makeup bag and well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Cydni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Flawless liquid foundation application with a slight airbrush look after use.
I apply my foundation over primer with my fingertips then use the brush to blend in a "stippling" motion.
The brush itself is so soft, holds shape great & is easy to clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

WOW!! Best foundation brush ever!!!! RUN RUN RUN out and get this now! SOOO soft! It makes my foundation go on so flawlessly. It cleans so easily and dries so quickly!! Best brush I own! I actually apply my foundation with dots on face then I use this brush in quick circles all over my face...hope this makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is 100% worth the $18 price tag. I purchased my brush at my local Target and my makeup routine is so much better thanks to it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush to buff out blush, highlighting, and contouring powders, after i've applied them with a stippling / skunk brush. I don't want the colors to look streaky or too intense and this brush does a great job of evening and smoothing out the borders between colors.

The fibers are densely packed, they're very comfortably soft, and the top is quite flat. This is one of the SK brushes with an ergonomically shaped handle. I don't know if the shape of the handle really makes a difference, but it's certainly not uncomfortable. And, what the heck, it has a cool sculptural look. I make sure the flat head is flat against my skin, then i move it around in circular motions. There is minimal shedding - i've had mine for several years and i've only noticed a couple hairs coming out in all that time.

I still put my liquid foundation on with a mix of fingers and a flat / paddle foundation brush, but i may give this a try, based on comments here.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. Good balance, full and soft bristles. No shedding. I've only used it on liquid foundations/tinted moisturizers, but it gives a natural finish and blends really well. Very good quality and value.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Functionality-wise, I love this brush. It is the perfect firmness and density for buffing softer creme foundations and liquid foundations. I used to use it with my creme compact foundations...but that's the reason I now have one negative thing to say :( However I do adore it for use with my Chanel Lift Lumiere an USED to like it with my Vitalumiere Compact...but (and keep in mind, I baby my makeup and brushes BIG TIME so this wasn't a result of jamming the brush down into the foundation or being too rough when picking up product on the brush) I started to notice tiny dark flecks in my compact foundation. At first I thought I had gotten a defective batch of makeup, but considering it was Chanel, it was highly doubtful. They got progressively worse and one day I got frustrated and decided to pick them out. I realized it was the tiny ends of my brush bristles broken off in my makeup. They were so bad by then, the makeup was a horrible pain to use because no matter how I applied it after that, the little hairs came with the product :(. $58 bucks down the crapper on that deal! I'm always more than willing to consider "user error" but I am ever so gentle with that foundation simply because I wear it very sheer, and well, it's not the cheapest stuff on earth! I ended up having to toss the pan but kept the compact...waiting for Chanel to release refill pans! (Keep dreaming, right?). Anyhow, like I mentioned before, I love the way it buffs in my Lift Lumiere, my Armani Cream Foundation, and my other softer creams. I just keep it AWAY from stiffer emulsions and compact foundations now. I actually probably would repurchase because it is a lovely product for the price. It's all trial and error, right?! :). Happy makeup-ing everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh how i looove this brush! I have stocked up on it just because i love it so much. Flawless foundation applications.