April 23, 2014 | 903 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Olive Scrub - Elements

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the other reviewers noted, this product doesn't exfoliate enough. I purchased it because it sounded less harsh than most scrubs and the exfoliants aren't made from plastic (which is very bad to put into our water supply). It works just fine as a moisturizing cleanser, but there are barely any scrubbers in it. I would happily repurchase this item if they added about 10 times the amount of scrubbers.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by pricep2399

Ugh. Scrubby beads are large, and few and far between in this crummy scrub. I am using up my tube to exfoliate (kinda) my legs in the shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

One of my newer expirements.

I did not find this scrubby enough. Gentle enought to use everyday. I have been using it like a daily cleanser as it does suds up. Not overly impressed but I don't hate it either. It doesn't have a heavy scent and it leaves my skin feeling smooth, no dryness or tight feeling. I still need to moisturize after.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by angelfly39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never tried any scrub this rough on my face! Never touched it again for 2 months. Today I was going to dump it into garbage but then realized I can use it for my hands instead! I'll stick w/my Philosophy Microdelivery scrub since their scrubs are much finer & it's better for my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Zee99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure why everyone hates this product.. cause I love it! I used the st. ives apricot scrub, and it was good but a little too sbrasive on my skin.. i have dry skin, and this olive scrub is perfect. if u want like a HARDCORE scrub dont get this because its really gentle.. it leaves my skin soft and its good enough for everyday use. if you have dry skin, youll probably like this.. if you have oily skin, id go with the apricot scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ycam80

I got this product as a sample and I loved it. The scrub is not so much as scrub as much as it is a cleaner. It is a bit thick, almostpaste like, but it does not have much in the form of actually scrubbing particle. Nevertheless, it leaves my face so soft and refresed, in that sense I have never had another product be as effective. I use it 2 to 3 times a week as a morning cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by ourhouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Flying in the face of most reviews, I actually like this product for the reasons that everyone else seems to dislike it. I don't want my face to be scraped by lots of irregularly shaped beads and left feeling naked. I want a light defoliation with smooth micro-beads, ending with a moisturized finish--and that's what this product gave me!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this dirt cheap on a last chance sale at Walgreen's, and I still feel I overpaid. There is barely ANY exfoliant in it. Maybe 5-10 beads per squirt. Not even worth the time it takes to squeeze it. Plus I hate the slimy feel and the plasticky olive smell. Gross.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I don't think this product is bad, but for my personal needs I would not purchase it again. It has a nice texture and consistency, it feels good to slather on your face. It's very moisturizing (which I really like in a scrub), however it doesn't have enough scrub in it. I feel like there's 4 or 5 little scrubby beads in it per use and that's just not enough! My face really doesn't have that freshly scrubbed feeling that you get from using pretty much any other scrub I have ever tried in my life. It is gentle, so if you are wary of using scrubs this may be the perfect one for you. I much prefer Clinique's 7-day scrub and LUSH's Angels on Bare Skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very average, very forgetable. As another reviewer said, it probably won't ruin your skin, but it sure as heck won't do much FOR it, either. The 'scrub' part is rediculous, they are little balls that are soft and don't exfloiate at all. I don't love st. Ives, but I use a couple of thier products successfully, this one, though, had me scratchin' my head as go what the company was going for?? Won't buy again, and won't miss it when I'm done.