Sonia Kashuk Bristle Hair Brush

4.1

on 10/30/2009 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I normally hate bristle brushes they make my hair staticy....How can this brush make such a difference? I got this a year ago and I absolutely love it! Makes my hair shinny:) HG! I wish I had this as a child when my hair was down to my butt would have saved me from some vicious tangles...Will never buy another brush.

on 9/24/2009 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought the "gold" version of this at my nearest Target.. I don't know if they are the same? but I believe they are.. just a different color.
It's a nice brush but definitely not worth the price tag. The brush works OK in my hair.. wasn't anything amazing. Definitely not something I would recommend to my friend though. ):

on 8/4/2009 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, I've read and heard forever about the MP brushes and have always wanted one. Then I read a review in a magazine that said this SK brush was identical to the MP version. Now - I don't know how MP brushes ~really~ are, but if you've ever had someone brush your hair for you and they barely touched your hair (annoying, isn't it). That's how this brush is on my hair. Of course, that could be due to the fact that I have freakin' thick hair. I've had it for about 2 years and I keep bringing it out hoping I'll like it, but I never do. I want a brush that actually FEELS like it's doing something. So if you have thinner or fine hair this brush will probably work for you. Oh well, it's going on the swap list...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I dont brush my hair anymore, since I like it wavy rocker bedhead, but when i straightened my hair, i used this. it made my hair silky & smooth even though i bleach & dye the shxt out of it. expensive for a brush

on 6/27/2009 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was only able to find the Golden Locks version, and I'm terribly disappointed. My hair isn't very long, but I have a lot of it and it's thick - with this brush, I find I need to brush one small section (about an inch) at a time. And even so, it feels as though my hair is breaking. Too time-consuming and frustrating!

Perhaps I'm not using this correctly (I've never used MP brushes either). But for now, I'll have to ding the product rating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My old cheap $3 hair brush was ripping out my hair, and it was painful to even brush. I had some $ to spair so i decided to pick this baby up, and im SO glad i did. It glides through my hair like a dream. $14 is the most ive ever spent for a brush, but its so worth it. I usually put baby powder on my hair to make it look fresh & my old brush made it all staticy, with this SK brush, it makes it super smooth & static free. Will continue to repurchase

I don't own an MP brush because I can't justify spending $100 on a hair brush so I have nothing to compare this too. That said, I love this brush. I have the Golden Locks version (2008 Holiday version in gold) which is the same as the Bristle Hair Brush. It massages the scalp and glides through the hair effortlessly leaving my hair silky and shiny. I keep it in it's box on my vanity and it looks cute as a button! Beauty and function in one!

on 5/12/2009 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a DEAD RINGER FOR THE MASON PEARSON. I have owned the Mason Pearson Pocket hair brush for 10 years. I wanted the bigger size, but couldn't see spending that outrageous amount of money, so I decided to try the Sonia Kashuk brush. I have to say that the Sonia Kashuk hair brush is just about identical in every way. In fact, I like the Sonia Kashuk hair brush better because the handle fits my hand much better than the Mason Pearson. In my opinion, in terms of quality and the way it makes my hair smooth and shiny, the Sonia Kashuk hair brush is a dead ringer for the Mason Pearson and so much cheaper. Buy the Sonia Kashuk version and save your hard earned money gals! ***(By the way, the rubber/oil smell goes away rather quickly and BOTH the Mason Pearson and the Sonia K. brush smell that way when they are new.)

on 2/20/2009 2:45:00 PM

Yuk! The red cushion part of this brush smells like rubber or oil. I didn't even bother trying it out on my hair. I let it air out for 3 days but the odor was still strong. Returned it to Target.

on 1/10/2009 1:36:00 AM

If only my DH could understand that this brush isn't meant for combing dog hair. I finally found my Sonia Kashuk brush in the doggie bin. It had dog hair in it... and I was in awe as to how great my dog's coat looked lately. Nonetheless, while I was using this brush on my own head of hair, my strands looked polished, glossy, and overall GREAT! I will have to repurchase and put my name on it next time!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products