Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 9/8/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation has great coverage and applies really nicely. This foundation also hasn't broken me out which is great.

My only disappointment is with Estée Lauder themselves as I went into my local Boots store to buy this product and there was no one there at the Estée Lauder stand to help me colour match the foundation so I ended up picking myself and after using the product realised I had gone a shade too light for my skin, however, as the product is relatively expensive I feel as if I have to use up all of the colour that I purchased.

I have a very oily T zone and this product lasts a few hours without making my T zone oily but I will have to say that the foundation makes my skin look natural when oily not a slick mess like other foundations do.

Overall it gives a very nice natural finish and I would recommend it to anyone with blemish prone oily skin.

on 9/4/2014 5:26:00 PM

My new HG foundation. I've been using the 3.5 intensity for about two months and I'm never going back to Colorstay, GA Maestro, Clinique Even Better or anything else again.

I use my fingers to apply and blot with a beauty blender, top with Neutrogena Shine Control powder and I'm good for about 5 hours. Then I blot, reapply powder, and I'm good for the rest of the work day. To me- that's a total success!

I love the medium coverage. It feels a little heavier than some of my other foundations, but that's totally fine because looks sooooooo natural.

I seriously can't think of one thing to complain about. LOVE.

on 8/30/2014 1:16:00 PM

First review!! This foundation is simply amazing. It is the first foundation that has lasted all day. By the end of a long day I usually get home and wash my face by supper time because it's half melted off anyways. This one goes strong from 6:00am-12:00pm. And probably even longer if I were to test it! It has a beautiful matte finish that looks so flawless and not at all cakey. It also doesn't have an orange tint which I find with so many foundations. I love that this as spf so I don't have to worry about buying a lotion with spf to put on underneath. It's also water resistant. If I'm dripping sweat during a workout my makeup looks perfect at the end of it which is insane. It is suppose to be water resistant so I'm not quite sure how it would work if you went swimming... lol but I know it lasts through sweat! I keep looking in the mirror and smiling because my skin looks that awesome.

My boyfriend hates foundation. Probably only because he can tell I have crap all over my face. He can't tell I'm wearing anything with this stuff on! He has no idea! He thinks my skin is this flawless! It's amazing. So that tells you how natural this foundation looks. My sister was looking at my face trying to figure out if I had any makeup on or if my skin just looks this awesome.

ALSO I bought the double wear concealer stick which is also awesome for putting over top of acne scars or pimples before applying the double wear light foundation :)

Will repurchase for sure!

on 8/16/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved it so much that I bought the huge 6.7 oz pro size bottle from eBay. It stays well, light to medium coverage. I do set it with Bare Minerals mineral veil powder and it looks absolutely flawless, like it's your real skin. It stays for about 5 hours then I do need to blot a little here and there. Overall it's a 10 to 12 hour stay on me for a combo skin. I am acne prone and even after a year of use it has yet to break me out. It's definitely my HG!

on 8/13/2014 6:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG foundation! I've been using it for over 4 weeks now and it's absolutely fab. It's got great coverage without looking heavy, it lasts all day and a small amount is enough for my face which means that after 4 weeks the bottle is still not empty. Also, I've got v e r y sensitive skin and most foundations make my skin break out horribly after 3 days (wheals) but with Double Wear light nothing of that sort happened. I'd recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin who is looking for a high end foundation that is economic in use!

on 8/9/2014 7:35:00 AM

My HG foundation. Was previously using MAC studio fix fluid happily and switched to this just for a change. It gives me the 'cant believe this is my skin' feeling everytime I look in the mirror feeling I hadnt achieved with the MAC. No the coverage isnt buildable but thats what the original double wear is for. Sometimes I do notice my skin feeling a bit dry due to the powder finish but I attribute this mostly to my winter skin. Will try a hydrating primer underneath next :)

on 8/1/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This review might be a bit premature but I will update once I've used it for a few weeks.

Anyhow, I just bought this foundation a day ago and it is perfection. If you have trouble with foundations lasting on your skin through a long day, and hate touching up, then this is made for you. The coverage is adjustable, I like things fairly light adn natural and that can be acheived with this foundatiojn. I only apply it where I need it and blend out the oblivion where I don't! I used a flat paddle brush too apply it and will experiment with other things but the classic foundation brush did work very well for me. I have oil-/combination skin and I've tried a host of foundations (l'oreal true blend, MUFE HD, MUFE face and body, becca ultimate complexion, NARS sheer glow to name a few) and nothing lasts on my like this does. The fact that I don't have to touch up _and_ my skin looks natural is a huge win. Love it! Hope I keep loving it. :D

Breakdown,
PROS: flexible coverage, VERY long lasting, semi-matte/natural finish, fuss free, great for oily, combo, and normal skin (not sure about dry skin though), slightly cheaper than most high end founations.
CONS: none. I guess I might need to mix colours but I always have to so it's not a big deal.

UPDATE:-
It's breaking me out, my skin hates long lasting anything I guess. This really saddens me because it does look absolutely gorgeous and lasts all freaking day! I do still highly recommend it but if your skin is prone to clogging with heavy products then get a sample and test this out for a week before you commit. Hopefully you'll be luckier than me!
(I didn't take any lippies off, I still think this stuff is out of the world, my skin is just finicky.)

on 8/1/2014 6:59:00 PM

Love this foundation. It covers really well (and i suffered with acne for years) and paired with the mac pro longwear concealer nothing on my face ever budges. I have long busy days, and once this foundation lasted on me from 9 am in the morning to 11pm, and I was drenched in rain walking to university, waitressing, and working my other job all day. Even after the rain it looked the same its amazing! I use an ecotools buffing brush to apply this foundation and have no issues with application, takes about 3 to 4 minutes. I have tried a lot of long wear foundations to match my busy schedule (including revlon colorstay) but I find this is the only one that doesn't feel like a stain on my skin, yet its not heavy enough to be a nuisance. I would definitely buy this again!

on 7/31/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing, a good foundation BUT it takes a lot of time for it to be blended beautifully. I like to blend it to oblivion to give me that porcelain look but still natural. It takes me about 20 minutes, it dries quickly so better work fast. It's a powder finish, and does stays put throughout the day. My only issue with this product is that you have to choose the right brush for it to be blended well, takes a lot of time ( A LOT), and makes the pores visible on my nose if I don't buff it for a good 10 minutes.

on 7/24/2014 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The funny thing about this foundation is it grows on you. After using this foundation, I do find myself coming back to this one. HOWEVER, whilst this foundation has many great points, there are a few things that I dislike about it which is enough to make me want to change to a different foundation.

PROS:
-Looks natural: Granted, this is one of the best things about this foundation. It looks like your own skin and doesn't cake.
-Colour match: This will depend on what your skin tone is but for me, I love the colour. I wear it in 0.5 and although I wish there was a shade slightly more warm-toned to suit my Asian skin, this suits my colour better than any foundation.
-Oil Control: This does have better oil control than a lot of my other foundations, however its oil control does not trump Revlon Colorstay's (old formula)
-Packaging: squeezy-bottle where product is dispensed from a nozzle- I like it because it reduces contamination

Ok so why would I want to change to a different foundation you might ask?

CONS:
Not build-able coverage: I have acne-prone skin and when I try to build up coverage in certain areas, you just can't. Same problem with covering redness.

The existing layer of foundation on the skin gets wiped away by my beautyblender (this doesn't happen with other foundations) and because this foundation stays put, these horrible patchy areas stay that way and you can't build foundation on top.It ruins an entire face of makeup. Also, concealer doesn't sit well on top of this foundation. So basically, if I want to build up coverage, this product does NOT work for me.

Doesn't cover pores: especially in my nose area, I find this the trickiest place to apply this foundation. The pores really show through.

Time-consuming: because of the coverage issue, this product takes me so long (TOO long) to apply. I have to be extremely careful when using this to ensure I apply it correctly. This is the key reason stopping me from repurchasing because it takes me at least 30 mins to apply. It's a shame because when applied well, this product does look good on the face.

Expensive: you really don't get a lot of product for what you pay for

Oil Control- like I said before, the oil control is good compared to other foundations. However, I don't like to touch up and at the end of the day I find this product slides around my nose area and where my glasses sit on my nose. I apply it at 9am and by 6.30 p.m I want to wash the foundation off my face.

Breakouts: I cannot say for sure if this is the cause of my breakouts but I do notice my skin becomes less clear after using this, so acne-prone people please be careful.