Becca Concealer compact

4.1

Medium Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Tocopherol, Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Ultramarines CI 77007, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288] Extra Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Carmine CI 75470, Red 36 CI 12085]

on 6/25/2009 4:59:00 PM

This is a nice concealer though it should not be used under the eyes if you have fine lines or wrinkles! I have biscuit and cashew which I mix together to get approximately the right colour, tahini would be much better. This stuff works but its a thick wax so can't be good for your skin!

on 6/21/2009 4:01:00 PM

I have been using this to cover zits for about 6 years and it really rocks my world. Nothing else I've tried comes close. It's super thick and dry, which is what you want for zits, because it really covers them and stays on all day. I only use the thick one on the left--the one on the right is not heavy enough for zits, but it's too heavy for undereyes, where it will just cake and and emphasize lines. I use the laura Mercier secret camouflage brush, dab it over the ziti, and top with a bit of powder. people think my skin is perfect. Ha!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Here is what I have: Hereditary undereye circles, exacerbated by lifelong sinus problems. Some scarring from a six-month skin nightmare. Honey-colored skin, very yellow-toned, oily.

Here is what I tried before Becca: L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Stila, Cover Girl, Paula Dorf, Vincent Longo, LORAC, i-Iman, Laura Mercier, MAC, Prescriptives (this last was the best of the bunch...and then they discontinued it. THANKS A LOT, GUYS).

Becca in Honey is the only, the ONLY, thing that's both soft enough for under my eyes, yellow enough to match my skin, and doesn't make my blemishes worse. Truly an HG, in that I don't leave the house without it.

on 12/28/2008 1:30:00 PM

Thankfully for the MUA Boards, did I discover this concealer, and have been using it for almost 3 years. If they discontinue it, I'm sunk. The color palette is much wider than other brands. And I love the compact that comes with a heavier concealer (I use capillaries near my nose) and a lighter texture one (I pat it on gently under my eyes and cover some sun spots on my jawline). In a pinch I've used the lighter weight concealer as a "foundation" and it is not too thick! Maybe for those who can't wear the concealer under their eyes, they just have more delicate skin than I do. That's too bad, because the color matching in Becca is incomparable.

on 12/21/2008 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I took one lippy off for the prohibitively expensive price. Yikes.But. BUT. This stuff matches my skin colour so freakin' well; I never thought I'd find a concealer this good. Sits well, doesn't feel disgustingly slidey and oily and doesn't break me out. good stuff.

on 11/24/2008 2:31:00 AM

I've been using this for 4-5 years now in Tahini and i absolutely love it. i keep thinking i should try something else but end but cant seem to rip myself away from it. it gets rid of all my red blemishes and my skin look 10 times better than it really is haha...

However, i wouldnt recommend this for dark eye circles as it can go on a bit cakey - though this may be because i dont apply it well.

I am very pale (think Nicole Kidman) and I got this in Sherbet. For my under eye area, it was too light but it was the perfect shade for my blemishes. That's about the only good thing I can say for this concealer. I am only 21 years old with oily skin and this concealer made my under eye area dry and made me look old and tired. It settled into every tiny line I have and make them look ten times worse. It was cakey and flaky and within a couple hours, all of the concealer had settled into my "lines". As for my blemishes, it covered them at first and was a perfect shade match. When I got home (only about two hours after applying the concealer), it had all melted off somehow. I have never had this problem before. To top it off, after using it only once, I went to open it and one side of the palette fell out of the compact. I'm glad I got this during the Sephora clearance instead of paying full price. $8 was still too much. continued >>

on 9/7/2008 1:14:00 PM

This concealer is amazing! Great coverage, I love the idea of 2 different types, and it comes in a huge array of shades to suit absolutely every skin colour. I love loads of Becca products, and you should definately try this; it's the best concealer available, imho.

on 9/4/2008 2:02:00 PM

This is definitely one of the best concealers I've ever used!!
Praline is my shade most of the year when I'm not tanned and it adjusts pretty well even when I'm a little darker.
The coverage is amazing on spots. No weird undertone will be left. It is pretty good on my serious dark circles as well.
The only bad part is the packaging is not super sanitary, especially if you use your fingers. I make sure I wash my hands before I apply but still. It is also harder to find now that Sephora has discontinued carrying Becca.
I am now testing MUFE full camouflage but may eventually come back to this one!

on 7/20/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dark eye rings - brown and a bit purple ... um, the typically tired looking type, very serious. I never leave my home without applying concealers because that would reduce at least 3 years of age *sad*

This Becca concealer may appear hard and drying in the pan. It is actually thick and creamy in texture and very easy to spread or to build layers. It is very pigmented, so I need very few layer to cover my eye rings. Another plus is it never sink to highlight my dry lines.

For concealing dark eye rings, I have two tricks: A good brush. I am using Bobbi Brown. Another thing is applying it at the bottom of dark eye rings and then blend gently. Of course, you need the right shade. The SAs of Becca are very well trained and recommend the prefect shade for me. Well, you know, the wrong shade can turn dark eye rings into grey eye rings ... which we do not need!

Update on 23 Nov 2009: I am still so in love with this - my colleagues and friends think I am not wearing any makeup ... credits to my Becca concealer compact - I have very dark eye rings! I like it is highly pigmented and a thin layer covers it all!

Update on 22 Jul 2010: I am still using this concealer and still soooo in love with it. Will go to repurchase new one as replacement soon. Still highly recommend it. I recommended it to few friends, but not all of the ladies fall for it. Some of them thought it's hard to apply (they dunno how to use concealer brush and prefer to use fingers) and some of them have very dry undereye areas. If you want to find a concealer that can be applied by fingers, this may not be the one for you. BUT if you want something with heavy coverage and good staying power...this is for you!! One layer will do!!

Update on 5/29/2011: After using this product as eye concealer for 6 months+, my undereye area became more sensitive and drier and less drying once I stopped using it. Switch back to Chantecaille now.