Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is AMAAAAZING! I have sensitive skin, and this stuff has been through the ups and downs of my skin as a teenager. It's creamy and long lasting with great coverage. I buy medium, and the color blends in amazingly in my skin. I do have pale tan skin, with strong yellow undertones...not a very usual color, but this cover-up is my color.
A tube of this will last me for months, and I love how portable it is. I don't even use foundation. Just a dab of this stuff around my nose, under my eyes, and a bit of my chin and I'm ready to set it with powder.

For me, this is perfection.

on 1/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I had given up on concealers as they were all to dark or too yellow and none of them really stayed in place or concealed anything. Until now.

About me. I have NC 10 skin with pink undertones, small pores, clear complexion and hardly any lines in my mature skin. Good genes. However, I have pink undertones and red around my nose and some light grey under eye smudges that need brightening up.

thanks to you guys, I bought this product in neutralizer and illuminizer. Wow!! Neuralizer covers the red, blends in perfectly with my skin tone and lasts until I take it off. Does not move, twitch or travel. I use the illuminizer (beige/pink shade) under my eyes and again with the "wow". Makes be look 10 years younger and flawless. I'm not kidding you. I haven't been so excited about any kind of makeup in a long time but these little tubes really do the trick.

I dab a little on in the areas I want covered and then use a small eyeshadow brush to blend. I use no foundation generally but a little powder on the nose and to even out things. I look photoshopped.

Like the packaging, paid $8.95 Cdn for each tube, and will definitely keep purchasing. Thank you ladies.

on 1/23/2013 3:41:00 PM

I really don't think it helped with my dark circles & I think the skin around my eyes are too dry for the stick form.

on 1/21/2013 11:32:00 PM

I think that this a good concealer. It isn't great nor is it bad. The color is true to its packaging. It is actually very smooth. The pigmentation and coverage is good. It tends to feel a little cakey and the saying power is decent.

on 1/4/2013 11:48:00 AM

This didn't work for me. I got it in fair(the lightest shade)and although everyone says it's peachy it still does have a hint of yellow to it which simply does not work on my skin tone. The coverage was ok, better than a lot of drugstore concealers probably but my biggest problem is I have really dry skin and even after moisturizing under my eyes, using a primer and then putting this stuff on it was to dry. It went on creamy enough but you could see it was there when I tried to blend it in.
UPDATE: After further use and trying it out in different lights I don't think it is yellowy anymore, must have just been the lighting. This is a good deal for the price, it may not be the best of the best but I would continue to use this unless I find something as cheap but better.

on 12/31/2012 9:29:00 PM

I read all the positive reviews on this product and decided to test it. I <3 it sooooo much! I use it under my eyes and it does a great job; it has really good coverage.

on 12/27/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the luminator shade. I use it for under my eyes and in the corners of my eyes as a brightener. I'm sure it could be used as a cream highlighter as well. Not bad CG, not bad! Worth a try.

on 12/7/2012 4:14:00 PM

This is THE single best product I've found for hiding blemishes. I buy it in "Neutralizer" which is very yellow -- the other colors look far too peachy to me. I put it on over foundation if the foundation doesn't cover my blemishes; just dot and blend with a concealer brush. I've tried it on under eye circles and it is merely ok -- it's very dry and really only works on super-oily skin. However, I've come to accept that the only solution to my circles would be exorcism so I'm ok with just the zit concealing properties. I even use it on my bare skin when I'm going to the gym and don't want a full face of makeup.

on 12/6/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have a lot of acne, and this is the best concealer I've tried for blemishes. It's super cheap, but well packaged and effective. It also doesn't aggravate my acne. To put it on, I dab a little where I need to cover, and pat to blend. Don't rub, or you lose a lot of coverage. I generally prefer a liquid concealer for under-eye circles, so I only use this on blemishes, and it has amazing coverage. My blemishes, and redness pretty much disappears.
I've heard complaints that this is quite pink. I have peach undertones to my skin, so it actually works well for me, as usually my complaint is that products are too yellow, but this might be a problem for people with yellow undertones.
I'm on my second tube of this now and I'll definitely be buying it again.

on 12/2/2012 2:03:00 AM

However "cheap" it might be, this is actually one of the better concealers I've come across (which is saying a lot, considering I've tried quite the assortment ranging from Almay to Benefit to Bobbi Brown, to name a few). Regrettably, all of the shades available are entirely too pink and unsuitable for my yellow undertones. Hence I purchased the "Neutralizer," which looked potentially too light but was the least pink of them all, and I figured I could try layering it underneath a brightener like Maybelline's Dream Lumi which is compatible with my skin tone. I can get away with it that way but it might be pushing too light. Otherwise, the formula of this product seems to be just right– blendable but not overly moist and best of all, it DOES NOT CREASE. I personally find concealer useless, if not counterproductive, if all it does is collect into the little lines underneath your eyes and unfortunately that's been the tendency with most other products I've tried. So for those of you with pink undertones, this might be the perfect product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials