Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 7/2/2011 8:33:00 AM

Pros:
- In winter - no dry patches and doesn't dry the skin too much so didn't get excessively oily face from it either. Very balanced skin with zero breakouts (!).
- A healthy dewy glow (not greasy-ish) after cleansing
- Best cleansing milk I've tried in regards to skincleansing effect (compared to Korres Orange blossom, Vichy Cleansing milk etc.)
- Light formula
- Packaging looks nice on the bathroom shelf :)

Cons:
- Summer - ok but feels like I'd like to have something more cleansing for summer. A toner works though. Considering the cleanser probably has oils in it you might experience a feeling that it leaves a film - great in winter, not so nice during summer.
- See many complained that it you need an extra wash after cleansing but that is true for many cleansers if make-up isn't removed before cleansing of skin.
- Has a strong scent and not recommended if sensitive to that.
- Finishes quite fast if used for make-up removal but lasts longer if only used for cleansing of skin (then a smaller amount works fine).
-Not ideal for make-up removal.
-It's hard to get out everything from the glassbottle.

on 6/25/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love Dr. Hauschka products, the concept behind them is fantastic and I wanted to love this one, but unfortunately I'm not very impressed with it.
It works well enough removing Dr Hauschka make-up products and fair enough, this is probably what it was designed for. However, it does not work very well if you are using other make-up products. You have to use way too much of it, so it does not last long enough to justify the price and I still always felt like my face needed another wash afterwards.

Am giving it 3 lippies as it does work for what it was designed for, to remove Dr. Hauschka make-up. However, I won't be purchasing this one again.

on 5/16/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started off with the trial kit and fell in love with this cleanser so I bought the full size version. It takes a while to get use to it if you're used to foaming cleansers!

I apply it on a damp face and gently massage it in for a couple of minutes. I then wipe off what is left with a facecloth. I've learned that the key to properly cleaning skin is to be gentle! If it's the morning, I follow up with the facial toner, rose or quince day cream, and sunscreen. In the evenings, I use the facial toner and let my skin breathe without moisturizer.

It's been three weeks now and my skin is soft, smooth, and glowing. My pores look clean and smaller.

I have no issues with the packaging, although it is a bit more challenging to carry a glass bottle in my gym case.

Only downside to this product is the price but to me it's worth it.

on 4/24/2011 5:47:00 PM

Gross. Just, gross. And I like a cream cleanser - Evan Healy was lovely. This one doesn't rinse off well and leaves a seriously slimy film on my face. I've done OCM, so I get having a film, but don't tell me to rinse something off if I should use a warm washcloth to remove. I was really surprised not to like Dr. Hauschka - I've been dying to try it for years, and I thank the saleswoman who talked me into trying Evan Healy instead. I have not liked a single product in the Dr. Hauschka kit I purchase. Overpriced and unimpressive.

on 4/24/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this. I have really oily skin and wear make up everyday, this does not get my face clean and since my skin is acne prone I really need a cleanser to wash everything off and slough off dead skin other wise my skin breaks out like mad. This cleanser seems to leave some film on the skin which feels gross and my pores feel more clogged than ever. Maybe it'd be better to just use it in the morning and wash proper in the evenings so it'd be just gentle washing in the morning?!

on 4/2/2011 4:57:00 PM

Product was very gentle and had a very natural smelling scent. If you pass by the beauty product aisle's at organic supermarkets (i.e. trader joes, whole foods, etc) it kinda smells like that. I like that it's milky but it takes some effort to make sure that all of the product comes off when you cleanse your face with water. I use a facial sponge when using this product, but I love how it doesn't strip my skin of natural oils, which some cleansers do. It is kind of pricey (almost 30 bucks) but compared to other dr. hauschka products, it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

on 3/29/2011 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I didn't like this product at all. The first thing I noticed about it was a strong perfumy fragrance reminiscent of men's cologne. It didn't rinse cleanly. Even washing it off with a washcloth wasn't enough. I could still feel a film, so I followed with a foaming cleanser to remove all of the residue. It also irritated my sensitive skin (probably due to the alcohol and fragrance). There are much better (and cheaper) natural cleansers available.

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol.

on 12/22/2010 5:52:00 AM

I use this product now for a few months and I really love it! It is only a make-up cleaners so I use a milk and toner after this cleansing milk to clean my face all over. The milk removes your make-up very easily and espacially removing my mascara. For the mascara I make a cotton pad wet with some water en put some cleansing milk on the cotton pad. Then I put it on my eyes. My eyes get irritated very easily and this cleansing milk is very soft for my eyes. I love it and I will buy it again for sure!!!!

on 11/29/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There are lots of things I love about this product and one thing I hate. I love the sustainable packaging (glass bottle). I love the smell. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling. I have read other reviewers who have had problems removing make-up with it, but I experienced no such problems, probably because I don't wear much makeup - just light eyeshadow, eye brow pencil, powder, and blush most days. As with other Dr. Hauschaka products, I find a little goes a long way, which is good because...the only thing I hate about this product is the price. I will probably buy it now and again when I feel indulgent, but at $40 (CA) a bottle, it is a bit pricey for everyday use. I will be looking for a cheaper alternative.

on 10/20/2010 6:02:00 AM

I can see this product being really nice to use on your skin if your skin is really smooth and not clogged or spotty as its really creamy, light, leaves a nice smell and leaves skin soft. However, my skin is really conjested and spotty. The shop assistant advised me it would be good to use for me because it was really light and easy to use, but it doesn't remove my make up at all. I have to use it at least 2-3 times and then check with a flannel that all my make up has actually came off and more often than not alot of it is still there which isn't good when your trying to clear up your skin! So, overall I wouldn't reccomend this product to people with similar skin types to me and probably wouldn't buy again.