July 29, 2014 | 1165 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by annemarie1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this product now for a few months and I really love it! It is only a make-up cleaners so I use a milk and toner after this cleansing milk to clean my face all over. The milk removes your make-up very easily and espacially removing my mascara. For the mascara I make a cotton pad wet with some water en put some cleansing milk on the cotton pad. Then I put it on my eyes. My eyes get irritated very easily and this cleansing milk is very soft for my eyes. I love it and I will buy it again for sure!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by RasperrySwirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

There are lots of things I love about this product and one thing I hate. I love the sustainable packaging (glass bottle). I love the smell. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling. I have read other reviewers who have had problems removing make-up with it, but I experienced no such problems, probably because I don't wear much makeup - just light eyeshadow, eye brow pencil, powder, and blush most days. As with other Dr. Hauschaka products, I find a little goes a long way, which is good because...the only thing I hate about this product is the price. I will probably buy it now and again when I feel indulgent, but at $40 (CA) a bottle, it is a bit pricey for everyday use. I will be looking for a cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by phoebecroke18

I can see this product being really nice to use on your skin if your skin is really smooth and not clogged or spotty as its really creamy, light, leaves a nice smell and leaves skin soft. However, my skin is really conjested and spotty. The shop assistant advised me it would be good to use for me because it was really light and easy to use, but it doesn't remove my make up at all. I have to use it at least 2-3 times and then check with a flannel that all my make up has actually came off and more often than not alot of it is still there which isn't good when your trying to clear up your skin! So, overall I wouldn't reccomend this product to people with similar skin types to me and probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin that tends to be dry, especially in the winter. I looked for a product that was gentle, to prevent overdrying, and found Dr. Hauschka. While it is gentle and doesn't overdry your skin, it doesn't fully remove make up. I don't wear foundation daily only blush and bronzer, and this product couldn't remove those. I had to follow up with a toner. Another drawback is the hefty price tag. I found Philosophy's "Purity Made Simply" to be just as gentle, but much better at make up removal, and significantly less expensive. Dr. Haushka's Cleansing Milk does have a nice smell, and for me, it lasted about 6 months w. once daily usage. Bottom line: I liked it, it's gentle, and doesn't overdry. However, it isn't good for make up removal and there are equal to better products that are cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by taverner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleansing milk is easy to use, cleanses well and leaves your skin feeling lovely. I even use it on my eyes, but on moistened cotton wool. It diminishes the look of your pores and leaves skin looking bright and more radiant than the cleansing cream.
My only two gripes are that it is not an inexpensive cleanser but, having said that, there are lots of other cleansers of this calibre of company that are more expensive.
Secondly, there does tend to be some wasteage when you get towards the bottom of the bottle. It becomes quite fiddly to try and get every last bit out!!
That aside, I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin since using this product and my skin looks younger! Who can complain at that??!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jt_in_canada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this cleansing milk much more than the cleansing cream because at least it felt like it removed my mineral make-up. Reminds me of Christian Dior's Equite eye make-up remover milk (loved it, but I think it's been long discontinued), actually. Still, I'm not a total convert, given how expensive this cleanser is. I've started using sunflower oil to remove my make-up, followed by a warm wash cloth, and it's given me the same results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Lizzie81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really do love this cleanser, however there are some huge drawbacks. I love the fact that it's all natural and it's so gentle it's one of the only cleansers i've used that doesn't leave my skin kind of red after using. I used this in conjunction with the Dr.Hauschka day cream as my skin was going through a bad patch and i wanted something really gentle and healing. It really has healed my skin and somehow magically seems to have improved the colour and tone of my fair skin. The smell is wonderfully therapeutic initially but after a while of using every night i got kind of sick of it as it's quite strong. The packaging isn't very convenient especially for travel as it's quite heavy glass. The worst thing is the price, i seem to have gone through it really fast and it's simply too expensive to keep repurchasing at that rate. The moisturiser i find alot better value for money as it lasts way longer. Shame i love the product over all but i guess i'll just have to find another all natural cleanser. I find regular drug store cleansers very harsh on my skin :0(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by bracken2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't find this cleanser moisturising enough for my skin. My skin became quite dry in places, cheels mainly, so no good for my rosacea skin. It smelt lovely though, but it was expensive and I got through it very quickly, so not so affordable longterm. Maybe I was lucky it didn't suit my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I really like this cleanser; I use it frequently (alternating w/generic Cetaphil). What I believe is most important in choosing a facial cleanser is gentleness. It's been my experience that, the harsher the cleanser, the more irritating and damaging it is to my face. It makes me cringe to see people rubbing and scrubbing their faces! The skin on the face is delicate and specialized and requires proper (gentle!!) care. What I love about Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Milk is the thoroughness of cleansing and makeup removal I get, in addition to it being soothing and – you guessed it! – GENTLE. This never causes a reaction, never strips my skin, never leaves any residue behind. It is just a simple product that works well. It is on the expensive side, but I don't mind spending money on products that do what they promise (because often what happens is you end up spending more in the long run, purchasing product after product that either doesn't work effectively or wreaks havoc on your face). The packaging is glass, yes, and there's a pump. Personally, I don't take this bottle w/me when I travel (I use travel containers that I transfer a small amt of product in) so I actually like the 'heaviness' of this. It somehow adds to the luxuriousness of it sitting atop my vanity. It looks noticeably 'fancier' than a typical drugstore cleanser (although I have no prob w/those and in fact love certain bargain items). One last point: I think some people get confused about facial cleansers, thinking that 'foaming' products that produce loads of lather somehow equal better or more thorough cleansing – that couldn't be any more inaccurate. Creamy cleansers, or non-soapy ones that don't lather, simply lack the (often harsh, chemical) ingredients that make those other cleansers behave that way. So please just try and keep that in mind; suds do not mean better cleansing! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by mollymagdelene

This cleanser is wonderful!
I'm not surprised to see some bad ratings for DrH, when people don't understand how truly natural products work. If you are using chemical make up, you need a chemical make up remover.
This product removes natural make up PERFECTLY, and my acne is completely gone.
Dr Hauschka stands by their products, (no risk if you by direct from the website!)
Oh yeah, and IT SMELLS GREAT!