November 25, 2014 | 1628 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Sunflowie

Product was very gentle and had a very natural smelling scent. If you pass by the beauty product aisle's at organic supermarkets (i.e. trader joes, whole foods, etc) it kinda smells like that. I like that it's milky but it takes some effort to make sure that all of the product comes off when you cleanse your face with water. I use a facial sponge when using this product, but I love how it doesn't strip my skin of natural oils, which some cleansers do. It is kind of pricey (almost 30 bucks) but compared to other dr. hauschka products, it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this product at all. The first thing I noticed about it was a strong perfumy fragrance reminiscent of men's cologne. It didn't rinse cleanly. Even washing it off with a washcloth wasn't enough. I could still feel a film, so I followed with a foaming cleanser to remove all of the residue. It also irritated my sensitive skin (probably due to the alcohol and fragrance). There are much better (and cheaper) natural cleansers available.

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by annemarie1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this product now for a few months and I really love it! It is only a make-up cleaners so I use a milk and toner after this cleansing milk to clean my face all over. The milk removes your make-up very easily and espacially removing my mascara. For the mascara I make a cotton pad wet with some water en put some cleansing milk on the cotton pad. Then I put it on my eyes. My eyes get irritated very easily and this cleansing milk is very soft for my eyes. I love it and I will buy it again for sure!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by RasperrySwirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

There are lots of things I love about this product and one thing I hate. I love the sustainable packaging (glass bottle). I love the smell. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling. I have read other reviewers who have had problems removing make-up with it, but I experienced no such problems, probably because I don't wear much makeup - just light eyeshadow, eye brow pencil, powder, and blush most days. As with other Dr. Hauschaka products, I find a little goes a long way, which is good because...the only thing I hate about this product is the price. I will probably buy it now and again when I feel indulgent, but at $40 (CA) a bottle, it is a bit pricey for everyday use. I will be looking for a cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by phoebecroke18

I can see this product being really nice to use on your skin if your skin is really smooth and not clogged or spotty as its really creamy, light, leaves a nice smell and leaves skin soft. However, my skin is really conjested and spotty. The shop assistant advised me it would be good to use for me because it was really light and easy to use, but it doesn't remove my make up at all. I have to use it at least 2-3 times and then check with a flannel that all my make up has actually came off and more often than not alot of it is still there which isn't good when your trying to clear up your skin! So, overall I wouldn't reccomend this product to people with similar skin types to me and probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin that tends to be dry, especially in the winter. I looked for a product that was gentle, to prevent overdrying, and found Dr. Hauschka. While it is gentle and doesn't overdry your skin, it doesn't fully remove make up. I don't wear foundation daily only blush and bronzer, and this product couldn't remove those. I had to follow up with a toner. Another drawback is the hefty price tag. I found Philosophy's "Purity Made Simply" to be just as gentle, but much better at make up removal, and significantly less expensive. Dr. Haushka's Cleansing Milk does have a nice smell, and for me, it lasted about 6 months w. once daily usage. Bottom line: I liked it, it's gentle, and doesn't overdry. However, it isn't good for make up removal and there are equal to better products that are cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by taverner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleansing milk is easy to use, cleanses well and leaves your skin feeling lovely. I even use it on my eyes, but on moistened cotton wool. It diminishes the look of your pores and leaves skin looking bright and more radiant than the cleansing cream.
My only two gripes are that it is not an inexpensive cleanser but, having said that, there are lots of other cleansers of this calibre of company that are more expensive.
Secondly, there does tend to be some wasteage when you get towards the bottom of the bottle. It becomes quite fiddly to try and get every last bit out!!
That aside, I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin since using this product and my skin looks younger! Who can complain at that??!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jt_in_canada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this cleansing milk much more than the cleansing cream because at least it felt like it removed my mineral make-up. Reminds me of Christian Dior's Equite eye make-up remover milk (loved it, but I think it's been long discontinued), actually. Still, I'm not a total convert, given how expensive this cleanser is. I've started using sunflower oil to remove my make-up, followed by a warm wash cloth, and it's given me the same results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Lizzie81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really do love this cleanser, however there are some huge drawbacks. I love the fact that it's all natural and it's so gentle it's one of the only cleansers i've used that doesn't leave my skin kind of red after using. I used this in conjunction with the Dr.Hauschka day cream as my skin was going through a bad patch and i wanted something really gentle and healing. It really has healed my skin and somehow magically seems to have improved the colour and tone of my fair skin. The smell is wonderfully therapeutic initially but after a while of using every night i got kind of sick of it as it's quite strong. The packaging isn't very convenient especially for travel as it's quite heavy glass. The worst thing is the price, i seem to have gone through it really fast and it's simply too expensive to keep repurchasing at that rate. The moisturiser i find alot better value for money as it lasts way longer. Shame i love the product over all but i guess i'll just have to find another all natural cleanser. I find regular drug store cleansers very harsh on my skin :0(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by bracken2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't find this cleanser moisturising enough for my skin. My skin became quite dry in places, cheels mainly, so no good for my rosacea skin. It smelt lovely though, but it was expensive and I got through it very quickly, so not so affordable longterm. Maybe I was lucky it didn't suit my skin!