October 31, 2014 | 1467 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I get localized eczema breakouts on my hands, specifically in my finger creases. Periodically, a layer of skin peels off my fingers, and then it's really painful to bend my fingers until my skin grows back. It's gross.
I felt like this cream doesn't completely solve the issue, but it definitely helps with my eczema. I've been using this for about 4 months, and I have only had one eczema breakout. The cream is very moisturizing and it absorbs well into my skin.
The real test is that I'm starting my swim season next week, and I'm not sure if the lotion will be able to combat the irritating effects of the chlorine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, rich, fragrance-free body cream, but alas, it does nothing for my son's eczema. Plus, it's rather pricy. I won't repurchase.

Active Ingredients: Colloidal Oatmeal (1%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Oat Kernel Oil, Steareth 20, Oat Kernel Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ceramide NP, Sodium Chloride. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I've had eczema since I was a kid and only recently has it gotten really bad during the winter. I decided to try this after trying really expensive lotions. It helps a lot because after it dries it adds this thick protective layer preventing me from scratching, but also because I don't feel as itchy anymore. Most people can't understand what it's like not being able to scratch an itch. There's just no satisfaction until you just about scratch your skin off and bleed incessantly. This has finally saved my skin somewhat without having to resort to steroids. At night I use the Intense Relief Overnight Cream and that seems to help. In the shower I use Aveeno Body Wash. I've seen improvement in just two days. I just have to remember to put it on everyday after I shower.
Update (1-23-12): After using this consistently, my skin is no longer bumpy and irritated, nor do I feel like ripping my skin off constantly. It really really helped and I'm going to continue to use it and repurchase. I highly highly recommend it if you are an eczema sufferer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

The cream I use is called Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream. But, I'm sure this is the same thing. I have eczema on my hands that I developed about 3 years ago. Nothing has worked long term for my dry and itchy hands...until this cream. I tried the creams/lotions from the dermatologist and they did nothing to help. This cream works amazingly. You could even use it as a normal body lotion because it really improves and hydrates skin. I use this cream every night and I wake up with soft hands. You wouldn't even be able to tell that I have hand eczema if you saw my hands. I have Aveeno to thank for that:) No more painful winters with dry & chapped hands. No more embarassment. This is a GREAT product. I will continue to repurchase. My only complaint is that it's a little expensive, I wish it was cheaper. But, that still won't stop me from buying. There's no cure for eczema, but this comes close.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by LoveForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only over-the-counter eczema cream/lotion that actually eased my slight eczema problem. I was actually able to completely clear up my eczema problem with this product. It really stopped the dryness and itching that went along with my eczema symptoms. Definitely recommended! I highly recommend this product for OTC eczema treatment (obviously, consult a physician for eczema care!).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only have a bag full of samples from my dermatologist right now, but will buy more when I am out. I am on Accutane and am getting super itchy, dry and red patches all over. It is very thick because of the petrolatum in it, so I just use maybe a dime amount and rub it all in my hands to warm it up then pat on my face at night since it takes a long time to sink in. It immediately helps out my redness and keep my skin supple all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall Rating 5
Price 3
Packaging Quality 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I am an unfortunate eczema sufferer and since it is a chronic condition, I need a good cream on hand at all times. This cream has been my savior for the past 2-3 years. I am one of those people who has tried everything from steroid prescription, to non-steroid prescription, to natural remedies of all sorts but the Aveeno Eczema cream has always worked for me. I rely on it and it does not let me down. What more can you ask?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The eczema cream is a great, its cooling to touch and really soothes irritated skin that is on the verge of developing the scaly eczema. For course if you have moderate eczema already, you will need prescription strength treatment. For the skin that is not already plagued with eczema yet, this is super moisturizing. I use this and Skin Relief lotion, I agree with the reviewer below me, It doesnt absorb well between the thighs, but it does stop the itchies where eczema is forming. In comparsion to the Skin Relief Lotion, I would say that the Skin Relief lotion is great for all over the legs, its thinner and absorbs faster, and doesnt leave white streaks. I use this eczema cream as a spot treatment only.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by swtkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As far as I can tell, Aveeno re-released this, changing the words "eczema care" to "eczema therapy."

Plain and simple, this is a moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin. Applied right out of the shower, it kept my eczema-prone skin moisturized and filmy/sticky (more on that) for the day. It did nothing to soothe my itchy skin or treat my eczema any more than my current lotion did.

Keep in mind that this is a cream, which would be ideal for dry, winter weather. Unlike Aveeno's Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion, this cream does not absorb easily, and sits heavily on the skin surface. This can cause uncomfortable stickiness for areas like the inner thighs. You might consider trying it just on problem spots. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream. I have had an itchy rash for a while and have tried everything. This really does sooth it well.
It is very thick and gooey out of the tube but smooths out well and is incredibly moisturizing. I can feel a film of this on my skin many hours after applying it, but that's good because my skin feels very soft and smooth where I put it. It says on the tube the active ingredient is colloidal oatmeal, but in the ingredients list, the fourth ingredient from the end is oat kernal extract. The first ingredients are water (as in all moisturizers) and glycerin, an excellent ingredient. I'm not sure this will heal my eczema, but it definitely provides some much needed relief.