April 16, 2014 | 1638 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only have a bag full of samples from my dermatologist right now, but will buy more when I am out. I am on Accutane and am getting super itchy, dry and red patches all over. It is very thick because of the petrolatum in it, so I just use maybe a dime amount and rub it all in my hands to warm it up then pat on my face at night since it takes a long time to sink in. It immediately helps out my redness and keep my skin supple all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall Rating 5
Price 3
Packaging Quality 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I am an unfortunate eczema sufferer and since it is a chronic condition, I need a good cream on hand at all times. This cream has been my savior for the past 2-3 years. I am one of those people who has tried everything from steroid prescription, to non-steroid prescription, to natural remedies of all sorts but the Aveeno Eczema cream has always worked for me. I rely on it and it does not let me down. What more can you ask?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The eczema cream is a great, its cooling to touch and really soothes irritated skin that is on the verge of developing the scaly eczema. For course if you have moderate eczema already, you will need prescription strength treatment. For the skin that is not already plagued with eczema yet, this is super moisturizing. I use this and Skin Relief lotion, I agree with the reviewer below me, It doesnt absorb well between the thighs, but it does stop the itchies where eczema is forming. In comparsion to the Skin Relief Lotion, I would say that the Skin Relief lotion is great for all over the legs, its thinner and absorbs faster, and doesnt leave white streaks. I use this eczema cream as a spot treatment only.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by swtkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As far as I can tell, Aveeno re-released this, changing the words "eczema care" to "eczema therapy."

Plain and simple, this is a moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin. Applied right out of the shower, it kept my eczema-prone skin moisturized and filmy/sticky (more on that) for the day. It did nothing to soothe my itchy skin or treat my eczema any more than my current lotion did.

Keep in mind that this is a cream, which would be ideal for dry, winter weather. Unlike Aveeno's Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion, this cream does not absorb easily, and sits heavily on the skin surface. This can cause uncomfortable stickiness for areas like the inner thighs. You might consider trying it just on problem spots. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream. I have had an itchy rash for a while and have tried everything. This really does sooth it well.
It is very thick and gooey out of the tube but smooths out well and is incredibly moisturizing. I can feel a film of this on my skin many hours after applying it, but that's good because my skin feels very soft and smooth where I put it. It says on the tube the active ingredient is colloidal oatmeal, but in the ingredients list, the fourth ingredient from the end is oat kernal extract. The first ingredients are water (as in all moisturizers) and glycerin, an excellent ingredient. I'm not sure this will heal my eczema, but it definitely provides some much needed relief.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by amandadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this on my face and neck for an eczema flare-up that was not healing and extremely RED, itchy and irritated. The Aveeno does moisturize but in a way that is too shiny for facial use. It creates such a strong water barrier that my skin looked unusually shiny and almost like plastic wrap. Also, it caused a huge breakout, with about 7 new pimples after two days of using this lotion. I must have had a bad reaction to an ingredient in it, perhaps it was the dimethicone.

I gave it two lippies because it does moisturize to a certain extent but I would recommend exercising caution before using it on the face.

The price is decent at least. I bought the smaller version of this product at Target for 7.99, marketed as Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, but the ingredients are the same as the regular one (I checked).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really works! I've had eczema on my middle finger for a while now, and this has really helped to get rid of it. It's very soothing, and very moisturizing. I put it anywhere I have dryness, and this helps so much. I wish this came in a bigger bottle with a pump, because I would love to use this as a body lotion. But regardless, this is amazing, a little bit expensive for drugstore, around $12 for around 111 mL, but it's well worth it. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I'm so glad I bought this! I was a little scared to try, as my face has been reacting to everything lately, however Aveeno has worked for me in the past (though a lot of their products contain irritants so you have to read the label!). The texture of this cream is neat - when you squeeze it out of the tube, it looks like a thick cream, however once you rub your hands together, it liquifies and soaks into the skin immediately. Its WONDERFUL for face and is very hydrating without being heavy or greasy. On my actual eczema patches, this isn't quite enough moisture, however if I apply a few layers, its great. I like to use this all over my face and then put pure shea butter over top of the dry patches...skin is improving greatly!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product! Soothing, softening, skincare. will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

This is the best lotion I've ever used! I used to have eczema as a kid and this works better than prescription ointments have ever worked. I also used this on my face for winter dryness and it is so smooth and blendable and de flakes dry patches. I have finished 2 tubes of this stuff!