September 23, 2014 | 1871 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by g00sey

Even though there are so many positive reviews for the Salux cloth, I have to add mine because it is that good.

A few years ago, my sister saw the overwhelming positive reviews for Salux and was convinced we had to try it. Luckily, we have a variety of Asian markets nearby and was able to pick a couple up (and for such a low price!).

I must say, to this day, I get tons of compliments on how soft my skin is. After one use with the cloth, I noticed a difference myself. I feel like I have baby skin and it's amazing. My friends always ask my what my secret is and I always smile and just say I have a really amazing bath tool in my arsenal. The Salux cloth is a must have in my shower and when my old one gets worn out, I quickly replace it. Unfortunately, I can't use it on my face because it is too rough and causes me to break out. The cloth is amazing everywhere else though. It even helps to smooth out elbows, knees and bumps in every place.

Overall, a great great product. Absolutely life changing, I do not exaggerate. If you haven't tried it, find it at a nearby store or online (but avoid the cleverly marketed replicas). I can see how it might be too much for some people's skin, but don't hesitate to try it. For ~$3, it can change your skin!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by AustaNusta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really don't understand the big hype about these. My friend told me how popular they are and luckily there is an Asian market close by to me so I picked 2 up. I remember it being huge, the size of a bath towel as it says. I was thinking you have to wash out the whole thing after every use and wring it out to keep it sanitary. TOO MUCH WORK FOR ME. As for the exfoliating, I use products that do much better exfoliation. I'm happy that everyone loves this product, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Who knows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard about this product on the very forum, and it sounded interesting. I was hooked the first time I tried it! It makes my bar soap lather up fabulously and feels so invigorating on my skin.

I hang it on the grab bar in my shower to quickly let it drip dry each day. it is large enough that I can easily scrub my own back, which is helping smooth out my skin in that hard to reach area.

I already bought a spare one to be ready in case this one wears out. I don't ever want to be without one again!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Too rough for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bath poufs are great for lathering but I wanted to exfoliate my skin. I looked for a Salux for months but only came across knock offs. I finally gave in thinking that it couldn't be that must different that the original Salux. However, it was stiff and super abrasive so it ended up somewhat unused.

I recently came across a small Korean beauty salon supply store and they carry the Salux at $3.99. When I tried it, I knew why everyone loved it! Definitely much stretchier, it is abrasive but definitely MUCH softer than the generic. ( I would still never use it on my face though). It is also long enough to sling over my back and scrub comfortably by pulling back and forth. .

Like all manual exfoliators, it can accumulate dead skin cells, oils, soap residue, etc so I clean it every 2 weeks by throwing it in a gentle cycle wash and it dries (air dry) super fast. Salux is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

We love it! I got two of these in white..just looks clean and my husband and I used them in the shower on face and body. These are very abrasive but in a good way. My skin has been really dry this winter and it seems like after my shower my lotion would just sit on top of my skin but after I used the Salux towel my skin is so soft and the lotion seemed to absorb right in. I did use it gently on my face and it did not harm it or hurt in anyway. Love, love....I don't say things are HOLY GRAILS because life is subject to change but I will say right now these sure have body poufs and wash rags beat. Just FYI the towel is a little wider and longer than a hand towel making it very easy to scrub your back...A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

So I am Japanese, and never in a million years did I think I would ever be reviewing this (nor did I expect it to be one of the top "misc beauty tools").

I've been using this since I was a kid, so the roughness is completely normal to me. I can't stand using plushy-soft hotel washcloths or fluffy loofahs (sp?) because I don't feel clean afterwards. I always bring this on trips.

Applying a light lotion after this feels so good. I wouldn't recommend using it on your face daily, but an occasional scrub might be a nice way to exfoliate.

Plus, these dry FAST so they are travel friendly, and more hygienic than loofahs. They can be machine washed on delicate too.

(And the packaging gives you some pretty silly pictures and translations to boot. So you can enjoy soft, clean skin and a good laugh. ;) )

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually purchased this baby at my local CVS pharmacy. I walked right by it before I realized it was a knock off of the Japanese towel. I paid $3.99 for it and used it when I got home. It was amazing! I will use this for every shower/bath. I did use it very gently on my face after I used the OCM to remove all my makeup. My face and body was so soft. I am hoping it will help mine and my son's KP skin condition with repeated use. Would repurchase and check out your local pharmacies if you can't get on online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had lifelong dry skin. I really pamper my face but I'm guilty of letting my back go "out of sight out of mind". My legs in the winter are bad too.

This blows any loofah out of the water. It is very course.

My only knock (and it's an uber picky one) is I hate the baby colors. I would prefer either neutrals or fun bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is an awesome exfoliating cloth for anyone who has skin! I have super dry skin and it exfoliates very well! My skin doesn't feel clean with out it.