August 27, 2014 | 1039 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is an excellent powder foundation with broad spectrum sun protection.It has 13% titanium dioxide. I use this mostly in summer over an spf moisturiser and I'm ready to go.It can look a bit powdery on application but soon blends in and looks like skin.Good staying power and easy to touch up. This would suit most skin types except maybe the very dry types.An excellent cheaper alternative is the Max Factor facefinity powder foundation which also has spf 15.I love both.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by KlaXYZ

I was not pleased with any of the Clinique products

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by aira5293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to sephora a few days ago and asked for a powder foundation that would not irritate super sensitive skin...i got the COMPLETE OPPOSITE! The first night that i used this i thought it looked a bit powdery (used sephora's kabuki brush) but had decent coverage. I have pretty tan bronzie skin and my mom said i looked sick and pale with this on. I had to pile on bronzer/blush just to leave the house looking normal. I wanted to keep giving this a try so i've been using it the past 3 days and have gotten the worst reaction EVER!! I broke out in a weird rash of zits and am so pissed because they said that clinique wouldn't give me any reaction. Granted i have very reactive skin but this stuff is the worst! This has talc and mica which are both irritating. Now i am back to my phisicians formula talc free pressed powder foundation which doesn't have amazing coverage but has never caused breakouts for me

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

first of all, i love clinique, seriously, they got the best make up products- both quality AND price (Chubby stick, Even Better makeup, Butter Shine Lipstick). obviously I really wanted to like this product.
anyway, I bought it in Neutral (shade 4). color is beautiful, looks outstanding on skin, very smooth, covers up well, looks like my own skin, not cakey, ultra light feeling on skin (hate heavy makeup that feels like a pile of chemicals/creams on skin). also, it has 15 SPF. this seemed like perfection. BUT...
it gave me the WORST BREAKOUTS EVERRRRR!!!!!
i'm 25, my skin isn't oily anymore, it's even drier in winter. i hardly get pimples. but man, this gave me 5-6 HUGE pimples!! it looked like i got some rash or something, and i don't have sensitive skin.
this is just pure garbage. i tried it 3 times (a few days apart from each other to make sure my skin isn't irritated) on a fresh, exfoliated clean skin, and each time i got the same result - MASSIVE BREAKOUTS!! disappointed.
do yourself a favour and don't even come near it. it's made of silica, talc and nylon, paying $32 for talc that's causing you horrible pimples is just plain stupidity in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NW15-NW20 and have this in "Fair".
I like Clinique products because they are not scented and i never was disappointed with them. This is not an exception.
I like that this powder makeup is very finely milled and matches my skin color perfectly.
I use it either only as a powder over a tinted moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge shade 01 or Nars Radiance in Finland) and add a bit to the places where i need some more coverage - chin, nose area where i tend to get some redness.
Or I also use it on its own to create a no-makeup look. This is doable only it you have pretty good skin or if you have already used concealer on your redness and acne. I dont have any major skin issues, so it works very well for me with a bit of concealer underneath.
I also find that over the tinted moisturizer it mattyfies my t-zone for a long time, the skin stays matt for a longer time then with a regular powder. I am a clinique skin type 2 though only - dry combination, so no idea if it would act the same on really oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seriously, Clinique?? Are these colours for real skin?? I wonder... I bought this first in 3-light and 4-natural. 3 was much to light for my NC35, and 4 was an odd pinky-brown. The first made me look ashy and ill, the second made me look red. Sits on pores (and mine are huge), oil control below zero. Generally, Clinique's foundations and powders have awful colours at least for mediterranean skins like mine. Why did I ever bother - and went back for a second one?? I wish I knew...In fact, apart from the blended face powder in 'invisible', I don't think I will bother with Clinique's makeup ever again...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lhern093

This product is probably great for people whose skin doesn't breakout. Like for someone who is starting with makeup, it's light and okay. But my skin is acne prone and since I've heard great things about Clinique's line I decided to try it out. WORST BREAKOUT EVER. My skin produced so many breakouts, I literally started crying, my skin has never been this bad. Throughout the day I could FEEL my skin creating the oil and feel the breakouts occurring, it's nasty. Also, the oxidation is terrible but that could be since I have a few acne scars. I used to use MAC studio fix before this and I'm going back to it. MAC S.F. never broke me out this bad, it's very matte and even and not oily. Sadly Clinique left me so disappointed with their product. I will not be purchasing it again due to the sensitivity of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this for years. I love the huge mirror this compact has, much larger than most. I wish the compact color was not that "Clinique" green but that is a minor complaint for such a stellar powder.

This is a smooth, light powder that has a nice spf 15 that does not irritate my rosacea. All the colors are neutral and sheer. I would not really consider this opaque enough to qualify as a powder foundation but it does leave bark skin looking polished. It does not separate or sink into the fine lines around my mouth. All in all a really great powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xSunshiinex

This is the best powder foundation that I've ever used!
After going through a multitude of foundations in an attempt to find one pale and decent enough looking for my horribly pale skin, I ended up going to Myers where I bought Clinique's Almost Powder in the lightest shade, which was 'Fair'.
The coverage is supposedly 'sheer' but I found that this wasnt the case, and the coverage is very buildable.
The foundation is pale enough for my skin and covers the few blemishes that I have on my forehead. The size of the packaging means you only get a small amount of the powder but to my surprise it has lasted me for more than two months, and there's still a fair amount left.

Overall:
PROS-
- Amazing coverage
- Pale enough even for my skin!
- Handy mirrored-compact packaging
- Stays on most of the day without the need to reapply often
- SPF 15
- Comes with a sponge

CONS-
- Only a small compact
- Can be quite drying around my nose and forehead

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

This is by far the best powder foundation that I have ever used. Works like a dream giving me medium coverage without looking fake or cakey. My skin is acne prone and sensitive but this stuff didn't irritate it (didn't help it either but the product is not aiming at it). I find that it somewhat controls my oily skin which is more than I expected.
For performance I would give it 5 lippies but the packaging deserves 3. I decided that when I am spending on makeup I have to be happy with each aspect of it so I won't be getting this till they change the packaging. Till then I will be using liquid foundation and setting powder.