MAC Paint Pot - Perky

4.3

on 3/26/2008 3:05:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

I am really liking this under pinks or peach eyeshadows. Great for pigments to stick too. Really liked it with Apricot Pink piggy and Rose. Great staying power. Also looks great all by itself.

i just got a sample of this like a month ago. i've only used it around 3 times. it is a really pretty color, but i wish it showed up more on my eyes. it works good for lazy days. same great paint pot-ness.

on 3/12/2008 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this versatile paint pot! My second paint pot from MAC, and I must say, I am VERY pleased! Great to be worn alone or as a base. Beautiful color, easy application (not hard at all.)

on 3/8/2008 1:05:00 PM

a MA recommended this to me, I was a little apprehensive about it because it seemed so pink, but i have tried it with several different loks and really like it, my favorite so far is to apply perky pp all over eye nakedlunch on lid and haux in crease with teddy liner it really looks nice with my hazel eyes

on 3/4/2008 7:55:00 PM

i love perky! its like blush for your eyes if you know what i mean. its very natural and rosey looking. i think its perfect for the everyday look and it also makes a good eyeshadow base.

I know some people are disappointed that this color did not "show" on them, but that doesn't matter to me. I cannot wear Bare Canvas or similar colors - they look gray on me. So, usually when doing a neutralizer, I have to go with more goldish colors - like Bare Study paintpot or Stillife Paint. Sometimes I go beige, like Shimmersand s/s, but beige is just too- beige. I love Perky because, yes it does blend with my skintone, but in that "Your skin is so perfect naturally and your eyes are so bright and beautiful without the help of make-up" way. Trust me, I am a bright make-up gal, but sometimes you want a base that doesn't take over - well this is it for me. So, for you gals that don't get the hype over Bare Canvas and all those colors - give this a try!!

on 2/29/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought this was going to be a peachy cream shadow. It went on an almost invisible wash of a slightly orangey version of my skintone. Made me look kind of ill, actually...swapped this away.

on 2/29/2008 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What a disappointment. I own three other paint pots: cash flow, pharaoh, and otherworldly. They are creamy and can be sheered out, applied thickly for opaque color. They look fantastic alone, or can be wore as a base. In other words, they're very versatile. Perky isn't. The picture at the top of the page is very accurate. It's a muted peachy pink color with a bit of shimmer. Pretty in the pot. When applied, it's so sheer that you can't see it. With two layers, it's still sheer. I'm a PPP, paler than NC/NW15. If this paint pot doesn't show up on my pale ass, who does it show up on?

I tried it as a blush, and that seemed to work ok. I have a hard time finding good blushes, because I'm so pale most look garish. This looks sheer and natural. But I didn't buy this to use as a blush. I was looking for a peachy pink cream shadow. No dice. Save your money, don't buy this.

on 2/29/2008 9:11:00 AM

I love Perky! It is my fave pp from Fafi. As other reviewers said, it is a corally, salmon color. Some people think it is boring, but not me! It can be worn any time: day or night, to work or school or day off. Its so versatile! And it is a soft, easy color that doesn't look "painted" on, like other pp colors do. It also makes a sweet e/s base. [BTW- it looks great with a swipe of black liquid liner...winged, of course!] I would buy again if it wasn't LE!

on 2/27/2008 4:59:00 AM

This is my first paint pot purchase and the MAC lady told me i can make a light or dark look with this.. I tried this on my hands and I thought the light coral pink looked nice. When I got home and tried it on my eyes, it looked pretty plain... sort of like a pastel color. I would not use this alone. With this paint pot you got to put eyeshadow over it. I believe this would look good with yellow, gold, orange, peach or pink. Find the right colours and it will give you a nice, fresh spring/summer look. I actually used THE BODY SHOP EYE SHIMMERS in 02(frosted gold) and 04 (frosted orange) over perky and MAC SUSHI FLOWER on my crease and I received compliments. Sushi flower really made the pink pop and made my eyes more awake. So thank goodness I saved this paint pot.

Top Rated MAC Products