September 21, 2014 | 1706 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Imogenrussell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately this just didn't do anything for my skin. Didn't create a better base for my makeup, if anything I felt that it made my skin absorb my foundation, it was too runny and thin. I just found it sticky and didn't make my skin look any better or my foundation last any longer. A shame because it's not too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Licia23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, but I don't. Here's why:

Although I am on a frugal living campaign, I cannot continue to use something that makes my face look like I threw ash on this. Clearly, this is not suitable for darker skin tones.

Also, it left streaks on my face this making the need to go heavier on the foundation and not lighter. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I would rather use a BB cream than this product. IJS...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by evarosie

Wasn't sure about the necessity of a primer but found that an application of this primer across all of face (with particular focus around my nose, chin and tops of cheeks) really smoothed out my skin and provided and great base for foundation and concealer. The primer smells quite comforting and is absorbed into my skin really quickly as it's a good consistency. It doesn't clog up my pores as I thought it might, but instead makes my foundation look better and last longer. Packaging isn't anything special, but the product is a makeup bag staple and suits my combination/sensitive skin to a tee!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by honey76

this primer is amazing. I apply this after my moisturiser has settled in and under my foundation/concealer. and my skin hasn't looked this smooth and even for some time. my foundation doesnt settle into my fine lines and pores as it used to. my dry patches dont show and my oily patches on the sides of my nose and my chin dont look greasy. it is a slightly matt but not dull apperance. I now feel like all the money i spend on foundations,concealers and powders etc is not being wasted. because this primer allows the makeup I apply on top to sit flawlessy on my skin. I am so glad I decided to purchase this. most definately a fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ericajaneee

This foundation didn't perform very well for me. Although it was quite cheap, applied nicely and did help my foundation stay on longer it did nothing at all to smooth out the imperfections on my skin, especially the large pores on my nose and cheeks.
I will most likely not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cgentile15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm highly impressed with this primer! Primers tend to be on the pricey end, so I was a bit hesitant to buy a $7.99 primer. I'm so glad I did it! It has a lovely, light scent when you first apply it. It is the perfect consistency - not too thick or too watery. My foundation (Mac Pro Longwear) spreads like a dream after I apply this primer and it wears beautifully all day. You cannot beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I was on the lookout for the higher rated (on MUA) Fix & Perfect 002, but they didn't have it at my drugstore so I bought this, and for me it is all kinds of greatness. I prefer this over Smashbox, Benefit and Maybelline. I was worried about the peach tint altering my foundation color and if it would be too mattifying aka drying for my combo skin. Neither was an issue for me. All I wanted was for my foundation too have a base and for it to stay on longer. This works beautifully. It does not make removing makeup at the end of the day any more difficult and I will repurchase this again if I cannot find the 002 version. Not that I am displeased with this one at all but just out of curiosity : ) Thanks Rimmel London!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple for me and my oily, acne-prone skin. Tried it, love, will never be without it. The tube packaging is hygenic/sanitary. There is a small amount of fragrance that I never notice and does not irritate my skin. The color, which seems to be an issue for some, turns out to be a benefit for me. Some ladies say it does not alter the color of their foundation....some say otherwise. I think it depends on the ph of your skin, and whether or not foundations tend to oxidize on you. My skin has somewhat of an attitude problem, so it will oxidize any foundation whenever it feels like it.
So the peach color of the primer is meant for correcting sallow undertones in the skin. This is great if you are olive-toned, or if you have gey palor from smoking. It does do it for me...but it does effect the color of my foundation slighty. it makes my foundation slightly deeper and warmer...just a little. I like to use this with foundations that require me to buy a shade lighter than I actually wear, in order to get the best match.
I use it with my Revlon Colorstay in Toast. When you apply the primer to the skin, the peach color fades into nothing.
The texture is not too slick or silicony feeling. So it does not make your foundation slide around on your face after a few hours. It does not feel dry either. It wears comfortably on the skin, and I never remember that I applied it at all.
If I wear it with a dewier foundation, such as my Revlon Photoready, it mattes it down considerably. This helps all of my foundations last a very long time, pretty much all day untill I take it off. I am one of those women who wants a flawless face all day. This primer makes the difference for me. I applied this primer, Revlon Colorstay Foundation (oily/combination formula), and Loreal True Match Pressed Powder at 8 A.M. It's 5 P.M. and my nose is not the least bit shiny. It's perfectly matte and I have not powdered once since I applied it.
With that being said, it IS wintertime. However, I am notoriously oily year-round. I love this primer and the price is unbeatable.
P.S. I have learned that in order to keep a flawless face all day, it is best to use the appropriate primers and foundations together. Matte foundation-matte primer. Dewy foundation-moisterizing primer. The similiar textures are meant to work together, without compromising the visual finish of the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I had heard a lot of good things about this primer (in 002 -- the one without the tint) and I was really excited to try it out. But it turned out that this isn't the primer for me, although it wasn't the worst thing I ever tried.
I'll start with what I did like -- I liked the squeeze-tube packaging, but I did have to cut the tube open...eventually I couldn't get any product out even though I could feel that there was still a lot in there. I liked the light scent that this had, kind of a clean, soapy scent. It definitely smells when you're applying this, but the scent fades away after a few minutes, so I don't think it would be super troublesome to those sensitive to fragrance. I also liked the way this felt on the skin...more like a gel moisturizer than a primer. It doesn't have that siliconey feel, and it really did provide a nice base for my foundation.
However, since this does have more of a gel consistency, I found it took a while to sink into my skin. With some primers, I can apply foundation immediately after applying the primer. I tried that with this (using liquid foundation), and my foundation just kind of slipped around and balled up. I usually have to wait a good 10+ minutes after applying this before I can apply my foundation. Sometimes that's not a big deal, but when I'm in a hurry, I don't have time to do that. Also, this claims to mattify the skin, but I found it did nothing of the sort. I don't think this made me more oily, but it definitely did nothing to control oil throughout the day (I'm not super oily, but I have combo skin and I was using this mostly over the summer when I tend to be more oily). I also don't think this made a big difference in how long my foundation would wear. My foundation would look pretty good for about 6-8 hours, but I can get wear like that without using a primer.
Overall, I think people with normal to dry skin might benefit more from this. It wasn't bad, and I didn't have any negative reactions to it, but it just didn't give me what I want from a primer. I'd rather shell out the extra money for a high end primer that I know will work well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I actually love this product a lot! I bought it in 001. It holds my make up for whole day! Even it doesn't clam it will make ur skin looks matt or something, I found it make my foundation last all day at my oily area. It looks good after I start oily, looks like a natural skin. I love this as a drugstore primer and I will definitely keep using it