July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Polishes - OPI - Royal Rajah Ruby

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by cutiebunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just stunning! I wish I had bought this sooner, before I bought other OPI dark reds. I was searching for the perfect vampy red and I believe I have finally find it with RRR. The formula is just perfect as usual. You can get away with one coat but I always do coats. The soft shimmer adds to the beautiful texture of this polish. This polish is not a frost (I dislike frosts) but a concoction of micro shimmer. Just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all the Indian Collection but Royal Rajah Ruby is the last one I purchased. Like almost couple of years after the release of the collection. The color is deep, vampy dark ruby red with a dark brown undertone and lots of red micro-glitters. The application is very easy and the coverage is very good. I find this color will suit most people. I choose to wear this because it's a fall/winter color. Love it so much. I wish I purchased a little bit sooner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of dark nail polishes and this one is OK. It is pretty opaque, but definitely need a couple coats to get the color right. It is definitely a dark almost smokey ruby color with strong brown undertones. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is a bit dull when you put it on. I don't mind putting in time to do my nails, but if I'm in a rush, I won't choose this color because you have to put top coat on it to make it look good (the dullness almost makes it look a bit cheap). But again, the color itself is pretty, but I've got a lot of dark polishes that I love even more which is the only reason why I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this color! I'm wearing it now on my toes and it is really pretty. It is a deep shimmery garnet, ruby color with hint of dark, golden brown that shines like mad. The nail technician applied it with lots of top coat to really make the shimmer pop and the color look rich and BOY! it is pretty. A day or two after my pedi, I took off my tennis shoes at my job (nurse). Everybody stopped and complimented the color and asked for the name of it. The only reason why I won't buy it again is because I have so much NP it is ridiculous. I only got this because it was a freebie for mu ULTA rewards, but I am loving it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by violettecyrille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color: *very* dark burgundy with a hint of brown. More on the neutral/warm side. Unfortunately, I could only detect the shade in brighter light. Otherwise it looked (to me) almost black.

Application: Very good. Opaque. A bit thick.

Wear: It seemed to chip more easily than other OPI polishes.

Overall a nice color, but nothing unique or special. I like dark vampy shades, but I like to be able to see them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by davisface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My go-to polish these days. Looks best on short nails. Beautiful color that looks a little different on everybody. Long lasting with a top coat. Probably my favorite OPI color to date (even over Waitress, which has been my favorite for years!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its my first OPI polish and I love it! Using their brush wasn't as easy as I expected it but I am probably just not used to it. But the colour is to die for !!!! So rich and beautiful. Red micro shimmer makes the polish look so deep especially with a shiny top coat.It a deep burgundy that is perfect for fall/winter. It also makes my hands look so neat! I had a chip after 2 full days of wear but it could also be because my nails are so weak. It could have been the nails that got chipped not the polish. I recommend this beautiful vampy classy color!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kimmiem231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Im in love with this i picked itt up at cvs and it was on the sale table for 3.50$ i know awesome right so i picked it up and its perfect for fall i love dark colors for fall if you were expecting a more ruby red its not for you its more of a burgundy but its very unique i get tons of compliments Love love

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks the best when it is in ourdoor or in certain lights because the beautiful shimmmer will show up. However, in indoor lights, it is just blackened/brown purple. I won't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous.

Dramatic.

Sexy. Dark. Smoldering.

I love this blackened, shimmery, deep royal red. I can't do bright classic reds, I look clown like. This is soooo yummy and elegant on long or short nails. Color is true to pictures.

Don't hesitate.

I'm well over forty, have very fair skin, and this does not age my hands or look cheap or unflattering.

Think you'll love it.

Edited to add: Sephora by OPI's "I'm With Brad" is exactly the same color, but about two-three shades blacker. Otherwise the same.

If you want less black at a few less dollars, get this one.

More black and a bit more expensive, get "I'm With Brad" at Sephora.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No