July 23, 2014 | 1541 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by nr4333

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara! It stays on all day, doesn't flake or smudge, or worse yet--just sort of disappear. I can get great coverage with just one coat, and if I want to look like I am wearing false eyelashes, I can go for a heavier application. It stays on as if it is waterproof, but comes right off with makeup remover. Will absolutely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is an extremely good mascara with a couple of nonfatal flaws. I like the volume and the length I achieve from one coat of this, and I love the staying power of it. It acts like a waterproof, yet removes like regular mascara, which is gentle on the eyes and the lashes. However, I don't like how long the brush is, and the formula makes my lashes hard and brittle to the touch, which makes me worry about damaging my sparse lashes. Overall a good product though, and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy Grail Status for me! No smudging, no flaking, can be applied quickly, can be taken off with just about any remover. EL, thank you for getting this right. The brush is a little long (don't get that part, the human eye is only so wide, lol) but I'm not mad!

It also does a fair job of thickening, IF you use the "wiggle at the roots" trick when applying. The nicest thing of all about this mascara is the fact that if can be applied quickly and there's no need for multiple coats. It goes in smoothly, stays in without flaking or smudging. This means I can depend on it and that's one less thing to worry about.

Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this. I bought a little sample of it and have been using is for about 2 months now. It does not flake or smudge which happens to me with a lot of mascaras. Application can be natural and soft or heavy and dramatic, both is possible. If you apply it lightly all the lashes are seperated and nicely coated. With a heavier application is does not clump too much. But the biggest plus = it really lasts all day!!!

Overall a really nice mascara and I will probably buy the full size of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially hated this product! It made my lashes clumpy and ugly. Once I counted my lashes and literally counted 8 giant clumps. I think I've mastered using the brush now so this rarely happens (it still does happen). If I put multiple coats on it is prone to clumping and if I reapply during the day it clumps.

Pros: lasts almost the whole day.
When it works makes my lashes pretty and long.
No panda eyes when crying!
The only mascara I can use on my lower lashes!! There is absolutley no smudging or dark circles under my eyes!

Cons: clumping
Makes my lashes 'crunchy'
Flakes occasionally
Difficult to remove

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by greylove31

I love Double Wear mascara, it really does stay put and doesn't smudge at all! Makes lashes look great, easy to apply and amazingly easy to remove - comes off just with a dampened cotton wool ball. So eye make up remover is not actually needed.

If it wasn't so pricey, this would be the mascara that I would wear all the time (it lost a point on high price).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This will be my go to mascara from now on. What a great lenghtening mascara! And it doesn't budge until you take it off with either warm water or eye makeup remover. Definately HG status. I have this in Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara made me love my lashes again! It took me years to find a non-smudge, lengthening mascara that worked for my embarrassingly short lashes (most of them would just cause them all to clump together) that I got to the point where I hated all mascaras and thought I might just give up until one day I received this as a free sample, tried it and thought "Wow!"
It's very expensive, though keeps far longer in the tube and has far better results than any chemist brands that most are drawn to for their low price. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by joeccentric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the short stubby Asian lashes but when I curl them and use this mascara, it lengthens heaps without being overly dramatic. It does what it promises and does not clump and smudge. Clumping only happens when I leave a coat to dry before applying another. I do like a bit of volume as my lashes are sparse, but I can't expect that from this. It does what is says and I am satisfied with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love Estée Lauder and I wear a lot of the products but this did nothing for me at all. It really was a let down and I found that it did smudge really badly. I had marks from where my eyelashes touched the top of my skin, horrible. I use a few of the double wear products and love the foundation and eye liner and the lash primer plus but this really was awful.
I have shortish eyelashes and the best mascara for me is Lancôme hypnose, I always go back to it, expensive but brilliant.