Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.9

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 6/20/2013 11:44:00 AM

HG Product <3

Let's just say when there is a makeup coupon at the department store, this is the first item I buy. I first tried it in Taiwan when the I had my make up done. The way they applied this made my eyes POP. The trick is to take the wand vertically and apply on individual lashes. Then, swipe it horizontally.

The mascara is the only mascara that doesn't smudge on me (I haven't tried Japanese brands yet, but I have tried a lot of high, and low American brands). My lids are oily and my lid area is very small (when I blink everything touches).

As far as removing the mascara, it comes off in a combination of tubes and mini flakes. If you are having trouble removing it, try Olay cold cream, it works better than Estee Lauder eye make up remover, though sometimes I use them in conjunction.

This product does not give me va-voom eyelashes, but it gives me beautiful, defined, natural lashes!

on 4/22/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG mascara! I have small, very hooded eyes and long dark, but not curly/thick lashes. Because of having such hooded eyes, and sometimes oily lids, I have a real issue with eye makeup smudging off to everywhere but where it was supposed to be.
This stuff last a good 12+ hours for me, it does not smudge, smear, flake or "evaporate". It gives good definition and if I build up on the outside edges, give me drama and an almost "false eye-lash" look (although I think that has more to do with my lashes than the mascara.). Comes off easily with a makeup cleansing cloth or Target's Up&Up brand eye makeup remover, no fuss no residue.

The price is steep for me so I end up buying the little "testers" off eBay; thankfully those tubes last a good while (anyway, everyone keeps pointing out we shouldn't keep eye makeup long anyway.). So that along with Urban Decay 24/7 pencils I pretty much have a low maintenance/better than the real me look that lasts (which is the whole point of makeup.). I mean why buy a drug store mascara for $7 that will smudge, I will hate, never use and throw out; when I could spend the same for this, in a small tester size, love every second and still have makeup where I put it at the end of a 12 hr day!

Would I buy this again? Yes! And I have been for about three straight years now.

on 4/9/2013 11:18:00 PM

Great mascara! Doesn't smudge at all. I also like the thin applicator, very easy to wiggle on the lashes.

on 3/27/2013 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The non-smudge formula does exactly as it says! However, I would prefer a different brush, and the formula does clump and sting eyes.

on 3/5/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works great on the lower lash line.
No smearing, even when I spend several hours looking down.

on 2/28/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Does what it says, "no smudge"! Unfortunately it's also very difficult to remove, almost worse than some waterproof formulas, for that reason I will not repurchase (though it looks great, it's not so special that it's worth the amount of difficulty removing it at night)

on 2/15/2013 11:10:00 AM

Great mascara. Makes my rather short and sparse lashes look a lot thicker. Doesn't smudge.

on 1/9/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It made my eyes burning, although I don't have such a sensitive eyes.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I so wanted this to be my HG mascara, but alas it wasn't to be. It worked really well for the first few weeks I used it, but it dried out really, really quickly and turned into a clumpy mess after about a month of use. After a couple of months, it was starting to flake off during the day as well.

on 12/7/2012 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dry, clumpy, makes my eyes itch. Yuck - I am returning this.