August 22, 2014 | 1041 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Fair

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There is nothing special about this product. I was so disappointed. My MIL swears by this stuff and she looks adorable in it. It may work for others but it did not work for me. The fair was not fair enough... Maybe it would work in the summer when I have a little more color.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received the light shade of Balance N Brighten in the QVC TSV Delectable Chocolate Beauty set. This was my first LG purchase. They seemed very popular so I wanted to try them. I'm over 50 with very few lines and no wrinkles, a light peachy complexion and sensitive, combination skin. I was so excited to try this that I didn't read the lists of ingredients, which I always do because of my sensitivity. I applied the BNB powder over clean skin and a primer and my skin looked chalky, dry and felt tight. Even though I used a primer and eye cream, I had dryness around my eyes, and it pulled my skin and created lines and scales where there weren't any visible before. The obvious reason for the drying effect is that the first ingredient in both this product and the blushes is talc, and it's the 2nd ingredient in the eyeshadow as well. Talc is no longer used in many cosmetics because of its potential health hazards. The list of ingredients for the BnB in this set is different that those on the LG site.

This is going back to QVC.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Im50

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved my Laura Geller blush, so thought I should give this powder a try....not a good idea. It is far too dark for my fair skin, and it really doesn't have coverage. I am going back to my Pur Minerals, quite content to pay through the nose for the privilege! This might have been a good product had it matched my skin tone - the brush is soft, and the product itself does not break you out or cause problems in that way. Unfortunately, it does not give you coverage, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Heather0kay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would not call this "fair " ; it is more like a medium -light tone. It makes my pale olive skin look dirty and dark and does not brighten anything. Too bad because it is not at all powdery looking; maybe I can use it nest summer. I would purchase if it came in a lighter color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

mineral makeup =not for me. this aint bad, but its not oilfree so take caution if you're acne prone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by moshi24

LOVE this foundation! So simple and easy to apply and this is replacing my Studio Fix. For reference I'm C35 or NC35 (summertime) and I use FAIR lol. At first I ordered Regular but that was WAY to dark/pink on me and I had the Bright -n- Bronze which was the fair shade and it matched. My new HG =)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is too orangey for a person as pale as I am. The product itself is pretty nice, it lasts a long time, conceals redness and it hid dry areas on my face well. I didn't break out from this at all. It does contain talc and mica but they didn't bother me, even though my skin is sensitive. It doesn't have sunscreen but I wear some under my makeup anyway. My only complaint is the color. I tried putting it on with different brushes because I heard that this can go on a different color depending on the brush you use. None of them made me less orange, really. If this weren't so dark it would be HG for me. it's worth the price if you buy it by itself because the container is about the size of a MAC MSF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really amazed at how well this powder foundation worked! It is not chalky at all, and gives really good coverage while still looking super natural on the skin! I have always loved the ease of appying a powder foundation, but this is the first one that I have found that wasn't too powdery.... if that makes sense. I agree with the other reviewers that the fair is a little too dark. However, I can always use a little extra color on my face. I just wish Laura Geller would make the fair color a little bit lighter. I still have to rate this product a "5", given the fact that I am extremely happy with it, even though it is a tad too dark. Give it a try! Especially if you are darker than a MAC NC 15! (I'm a NC 15, but I still love it).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lindi828

I am not a fan of powder foundation. I have combo/oily 50-ish skin. I don't like a foundation look and don't need alot of coverage. Having said that, I tried BE, I had lines appear that weren't even THERE, and the pores OMG they looked huge! So, on a whim I purchased a try me size of Laura Geller's baked favorites from QVC. I had tried the Bronze'n Brighten and was very happy with it,. So, I try the Balance'n Brighten. I can't believe how nice it looked. No pores, no lines, but not powdery looking at all. I DO use a primer underneath. Sometimes, Laura Geller's and other times another brand. I feel if you use a primer underneath and apply it lightly you will get good results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was dissapointed in this, I had high expectations after seeing demos and reading the reviews. For me, it's too dark for my fair skin, looks muddy. Might work if I had a tan under it. I do like the concept, and I do like the control you have with it. If the color was lighter, I'd probably be happy with it, and it might just be that my compact has a darker mix in it, since every one is a little different, I would rec you check out the one you buy if you need darker or lighter tones. It does go on nice and is buildable. I love other LG products, but this one just isn't right for me.