April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Fair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by moshi24

LOVE this foundation! So simple and easy to apply and this is replacing my Studio Fix. For reference I'm C35 or NC35 (summertime) and I use FAIR lol. At first I ordered Regular but that was WAY to dark/pink on me and I had the Bright -n- Bronze which was the fair shade and it matched. My new HG =)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is too orangey for a person as pale as I am. The product itself is pretty nice, it lasts a long time, conceals redness and it hid dry areas on my face well. I didn't break out from this at all. It does contain talc and mica but they didn't bother me, even though my skin is sensitive. It doesn't have sunscreen but I wear some under my makeup anyway. My only complaint is the color. I tried putting it on with different brushes because I heard that this can go on a different color depending on the brush you use. None of them made me less orange, really. If this weren't so dark it would be HG for me. it's worth the price if you buy it by itself because the container is about the size of a MAC MSF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really amazed at how well this powder foundation worked! It is not chalky at all, and gives really good coverage while still looking super natural on the skin! I have always loved the ease of appying a powder foundation, but this is the first one that I have found that wasn't too powdery.... if that makes sense. I agree with the other reviewers that the fair is a little too dark. However, I can always use a little extra color on my face. I just wish Laura Geller would make the fair color a little bit lighter. I still have to rate this product a "5", given the fact that I am extremely happy with it, even though it is a tad too dark. Give it a try! Especially if you are darker than a MAC NC 15! (I'm a NC 15, but I still love it).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lindi828

I am not a fan of powder foundation. I have combo/oily 50-ish skin. I don't like a foundation look and don't need alot of coverage. Having said that, I tried BE, I had lines appear that weren't even THERE, and the pores OMG they looked huge! So, on a whim I purchased a try me size of Laura Geller's baked favorites from QVC. I had tried the Bronze'n Brighten and was very happy with it,. So, I try the Balance'n Brighten. I can't believe how nice it looked. No pores, no lines, but not powdery looking at all. I DO use a primer underneath. Sometimes, Laura Geller's and other times another brand. I feel if you use a primer underneath and apply it lightly you will get good results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was dissapointed in this, I had high expectations after seeing demos and reading the reviews. For me, it's too dark for my fair skin, looks muddy. Might work if I had a tan under it. I do like the concept, and I do like the control you have with it. If the color was lighter, I'd probably be happy with it, and it might just be that my compact has a darker mix in it, since every one is a little different, I would rec you check out the one you buy if you need darker or lighter tones. It does go on nice and is buildable. I love other LG products, but this one just isn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can see how this would be too dark for a person who would normally buy a 'fair' shade. I'm anywhere from fair to light/medium depending on the brand and this is almost too dark for me. But it does look good. It really depends on the compact you get because each one is different. It's a gold, and 3 different shades of beige swirled together. It provides light/medium coverage which I had to layer to achieve. Looks great, not chalky or powdery. .32oz I'll update wear later....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I have to say, I really did not like this at all. I'm an NC 20-25 and this was too dark for me. It looked muddy on my face after it settled in. If Laura made a very fair formulation, I might be tempted to try again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product in every way except for the fact that even the Fair is too dark for my skin - and since I don't tan, I won't even be able to use it in the summer.

If only they brought out a Very Fair version, this would probably become a Holy Grail foundation for me.

I have only worn it two days and both days I had to use Fyrinnae's almost white lightening powder over the top (and I still got comments on my tan). I loved it for the texture, ease of application, colour tone (right colour, too dark a shade), AND MOST AMAZING OF ALL, it stayed matte all day, even on my very oily skin.

Perfect in every way - except the colour. Very sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though it is listed as Fair, this is still a bit too dark for me. I could still use it though, to just give my skin a bit of color. Fortunately, I just came back from South Beach and had gotten a tan so I could use this as a foundation (: I love the texture of Laura Geller's baked powders. They are really blendable and pigmented. I would recommend for anyone who's curious!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Barbie2606

Even though I got the light version to this, its still way too dark for my face, I can almost use it as a bronzer! Also it gives my skin black marks where it melts into my foundation, not a good look at all.