Smashbox O-GLOSS

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I lusted and lemmed over this gloss for quite some time before I finally broke down and purchased a tube. $22 for a gloss that may or may not compliment my skin tone is a pricey gamble. If anyone is interested in this gloss, I'd recommend they try it at their local Sephora/beauty counter and give it a whirl in person.

Luckily for me, the gamble paid off. I'm NW20/Fairly Light in BE, with dark hair and green eyes. When I first applied the gloss, which is clear on the tube, I instantly felt a little silly for buying into the hype of a 'customizable' product that changes with your flesh tone like a cosmetic mood ring. However, after about 10 seconds, the color turned a gorgeous, soft fuschia - like a slightly muted hot pink, warmed by a bit of natural looking soft berry. That's the best way I can describe it. I shrugged at my reflection and went about my day, because even though the shade was pretty, I still wasn't convinced it was worth the price.

However, I realized that the texture of the gloss is my new holy grail of glosses - hydrating, shiny, and not the least bit sticky. And I'm a girl who likes plenty of sticky glosses, from MAC to VS BeautyRush. This is the absolute best gloss I have ever tried, and it makes me want to try other Smashbox glosses in the future.

I would purchase this gloss again, however, I'd feel more comfortable paying $16 - $18 from a reputable blogseller, eBayer, or similar, since I think that's what it's worth. Still, if you feel like treating yourself, and you know the color works for you, I would say go ahead and splurge, if only for the gloss's amazing texture itself. The color for me was lovely, but it was almost an afterthought, until someone complimented me on it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was quite impressed with this product. I am ddd with medium to dark pigmented lips (my lower lip is a lighter tone than my top lip). This gloss gave me an obvious brownish-pink tint. Very nice. It did look like I had put on coloured lipgloss. And, it is a shade that looks nice without any makeup. Actually, it really is the perfect pink shade for my complexion. The gloss itself is very smooth and non-sticky. I love it, one negative thing is that it is not a lasting tint. I am also concerned about how it will affect the lips of the man I kiss when I am wearing it. Chances are he will not be too thrilled with pink lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was such a dissapointment for me! I am a pink lipgloss phinatic, so I was very excited to try this gloss. I don't know if it's just because of my coloring (medium skin-tone, pretty pale lips) but this turns out either fushia or a reddish color...and neither look flattering on me! Apart from the color, it wasn't glossy enough for me. I know a lot of people probably like this because it is not sticky at all, but I like my lipglosses to be a little bit sticky so that they stay on. I also would have preferred this to be a little more shiny.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Though pricey, this gloss has saved me money now that I don't have to continue the costly search of finding the perfect pink. It goes on as a gloss, but functions more as a lip stain. I am brown skinned with golden undertones and the color shows up as a soft pink. I was afraid that it would be fuchsia, but fortunately it is not. I have at least a hundred lippies and glosses, so I won't wear this all the time and it will last for awhile. Will definitely repurchase.

I just bought this gloss and o-glow blush today. I was very curious to try these 2 products and i was so surprised that both these really turned pink on my lips and cheeks! Two cons, 1) the o gloss kinda stained my lips & 2) it take some time to remove the staining.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this lip gloss was pretty good. not the best though.

PROS:
-on my fair skin and small lips it turned a vivid fuchsia, which i liked. there probably really is no way to tell what color the gloss may turn on your lips, but i gave it to try to my Sri-Lankan friend and it looked quite nice on her too
-the texture gloss is so silky and it feels amazing!
-the color stays on for a pretty good amount of time without reapplication
-the tube packaging is convenient and good quality

CONS:
-the high price. for me, it was expensive for a lip gloss
-even though its a gloss, the glossiness disappears soon after application. maybe it infuses into the lips but the glossy look is just gone. it feels more like a lip balm than a lip gloss
-it didnt necessarily dry out my lips, but it left a strange feeling on my lips that felt like dryness yet it wanst (the feeling of a lip balm still persisted)

Overall, this balm is in between generic and good. Im wavering over buying it again, and i wont if i find a better fuchsia color for my lips

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am surprised I haven't reviewed this yet. I love this lipgloss because it is very difficult for me to find the perfect pink pout. I have pink and yellow undertones with an olive complexion so it is not easy to find the pink color I like. I adjust the application of this lipgloss based on how deep or subtle I want the hue (this is where most people have a problem because sometimes it can get too pink or not pink enough). Can even apply it over lipstick and really brightens up the color if I want a bold look. This gloss feels really nice on the lips and even after it fades my lips feel moisturized with a tint of pink color. It lasts long even with eating and drinking. The only con (i took one lippie off) is the price which is why I only buy this when I have a sephora gc or there is a coupon because the tube tends to last a long time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product for $22, and I was disappointed. For one, the size is super small for a product for this price. Also, although the color is flattering on me, it's only flattering for a darker look, if I would like to go to parties. I'll use it just for the sake of the fact that I don't want to waste it, but I won't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this gloss. I was told to try it out, and I have not been disappointed. I will be buying again and again! It is so smooth, and makes my lips shiney and so pink and gorgeous!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

OK...I will start the good.. this gloss FEELS AMAZING..I have never felt ne thing like it ..(I have smashbox normal gloss to in jan premier..feels nothing like this) I LOVE LOVE the way it feels..NOW the color on me..is well not good, its TOO pink..and I LIKE PINK..BUT on my by-racial daughter, it looked really good. I bought it off ebay and still paid too much for it. Then my dogs must have liked the way tasted cause he got a hold of it, and chewed on it (now it comes out a couple different places when u squeeze it.) BUT I would never pay that price for it again..if it was cheaper I would just for the feel and add something to make it work, but its def not worth the price.

Recommended for Medium Skin