July 28, 2014 | 2070 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - O-GLOSS

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by shoesnmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this lip gloss was pretty good. not the best though.

PROS:
-on my fair skin and small lips it turned a vivid fuchsia, which i liked. there probably really is no way to tell what color the gloss may turn on your lips, but i gave it to try to my Sri-Lankan friend and it looked quite nice on her too
-the texture gloss is so silky and it feels amazing!
-the color stays on for a pretty good amount of time without reapplication
-the tube packaging is convenient and good quality

CONS:
-the high price. for me, it was expensive for a lip gloss
-even though its a gloss, the glossiness disappears soon after application. maybe it infuses into the lips but the glossy look is just gone. it feels more like a lip balm than a lip gloss
-it didnt necessarily dry out my lips, but it left a strange feeling on my lips that felt like dryness yet it wanst (the feeling of a lip balm still persisted)

Overall, this balm is in between generic and good. Im wavering over buying it again, and i wont if i find a better fuchsia color for my lips

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am surprised I haven't reviewed this yet. I love this lipgloss because it is very difficult for me to find the perfect pink pout. I have pink and yellow undertones with an olive complexion so it is not easy to find the pink color I like. I adjust the application of this lipgloss based on how deep or subtle I want the hue (this is where most people have a problem because sometimes it can get too pink or not pink enough). Can even apply it over lipstick and really brightens up the color if I want a bold look. This gloss feels really nice on the lips and even after it fades my lips feel moisturized with a tint of pink color. It lasts long even with eating and drinking. The only con (i took one lippie off) is the price which is why I only buy this when I have a sephora gc or there is a coupon because the tube tends to last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by wonderfullyglamorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product for $22, and I was disappointed. For one, the size is super small for a product for this price. Also, although the color is flattering on me, it's only flattering for a darker look, if I would like to go to parties. I'll use it just for the sake of the fact that I don't want to waste it, but I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this gloss. I was told to try it out, and I have not been disappointed. I will be buying again and again! It is so smooth, and makes my lips shiney and so pink and gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OK...I will start the good.. this gloss FEELS AMAZING..I have never felt ne thing like it ..(I have smashbox normal gloss to in jan premier..feels nothing like this) I LOVE LOVE the way it feels..NOW the color on me..is well not good, its TOO pink..and I LIKE PINK..BUT on my by-racial daughter, it looked really good. I bought it off ebay and still paid too much for it. Then my dogs must have liked the way tasted cause he got a hold of it, and chewed on it (now it comes out a couple different places when u squeeze it.) BUT I would never pay that price for it again..if it was cheaper I would just for the feel and add something to make it work, but its def not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go-to gloss, but for nice occasions, I love using this to give me that fresh and vibrant look. The color is supposed to enhance the natural color of your lips, however, I think it really just applies a pinkish color that seems to harmonize any skin tone. I use this everyday, and although it is expensive, it doesn't disappoint, I personally favor the fresh, youthful and vibrant look, and this delivers. I pair it with low-key eyes, pinkish blush and this. I'll repurchase. BTW, I have to O-Glow blush, I love that too, but you have to have the time to apply and blend, so that's for days that I'm running on time :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cute packaging. I really like Smashbox products usually.
Not familiar with O-Glow Blush but found a good deal on eBay for this and decided to give it a go.
Gives a flush to my lips thats hard to describe. It is kind of like the natural red flush my lips get in the cold weather with a translucent layer of hot pink. I'm still not convinced on the colour..
I do like the moisturising properties of this. I can't remember the ingredients but it makes my lips baby smooth.
It has a gel like feel, and goes on clear then turns your shade.
Gimmicky but ok. Nice to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by LilyKatherine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this lip gloss! Favourite ever! This shade that it turns on me is gorgeous and I love that color on my lips! However, I wish it wasn't so darn expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by amacd88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so dissapointed in this! I like that this doesn't really have a scent, and it glides on my lips nicely without being sticky. However, this turns out really dark on my lips. I don't know if it is because I have pinkish lips to start with, but this either comes out almost fushia pink on my lips or a really unflattering reddish color. The funny thing is, I let my sister try it and it looked gorgeous on her! So maybe it depends on who is wearing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not bad. It gives your lips a great color and I sometimes use it on my cheeks where it surprisingly looks better, and a tiny bit on the bridge of my nose and middle of my forehead. Makes me look healthy and fresh faced. Nice to have when you are in need of color in a hurry.