Smashbox O-GLOSS

3.6

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was quite impressed with this product. I am ddd with medium to dark pigmented lips (my lower lip is a lighter tone than my top lip). This gloss gave me an obvious brownish-pink tint. Very nice. It did look like I had put on coloured lipgloss. And, it is a shade that looks nice without any makeup. Actually, it really is the perfect pink shade for my complexion. The gloss itself is very smooth and non-sticky. I love it, one negative thing is that it is not a lasting tint. I am also concerned about how it will affect the lips of the man I kiss when I am wearing it. Chances are he will not be too thrilled with pink lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was such a dissapointment for me! I am a pink lipgloss phinatic, so I was very excited to try this gloss. I don't know if it's just because of my coloring (medium skin-tone, pretty pale lips) but this turns out either fushia or a reddish color...and neither look flattering on me! Apart from the color, it wasn't glossy enough for me. I know a lot of people probably like this because it is not sticky at all, but I like my lipglosses to be a little bit sticky so that they stay on. I also would have preferred this to be a little more shiny.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Though pricey, this gloss has saved me money now that I don't have to continue the costly search of finding the perfect pink. It goes on as a gloss, but functions more as a lip stain. I am brown skinned with golden undertones and the color shows up as a soft pink. I was afraid that it would be fuchsia, but fortunately it is not. I have at least a hundred lippies and glosses, so I won't wear this all the time and it will last for awhile. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/31/2011 10:26:00 AM

I just bought this gloss and o-glow blush today. I was very curious to try these 2 products and i was so surprised that both these really turned pink on my lips and cheeks! Two cons, 1) the o gloss kinda stained my lips & 2) it take some time to remove the staining.

on 5/23/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this lip gloss was pretty good. not the best though.

PROS:
-on my fair skin and small lips it turned a vivid fuchsia, which i liked. there probably really is no way to tell what color the gloss may turn on your lips, but i gave it to try to my Sri-Lankan friend and it looked quite nice on her too
-the texture gloss is so silky and it feels amazing!
-the color stays on for a pretty good amount of time without reapplication
-the tube packaging is convenient and good quality

CONS:
-the high price. for me, it was expensive for a lip gloss
-even though its a gloss, the glossiness disappears soon after application. maybe it infuses into the lips but the glossy look is just gone. it feels more like a lip balm than a lip gloss
-it didnt necessarily dry out my lips, but it left a strange feeling on my lips that felt like dryness yet it wanst (the feeling of a lip balm still persisted)

Overall, this balm is in between generic and good. Im wavering over buying it again, and i wont if i find a better fuchsia color for my lips

on 5/22/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am surprised I haven't reviewed this yet. I love this lipgloss because it is very difficult for me to find the perfect pink pout. I have pink and yellow undertones with an olive complexion so it is not easy to find the pink color I like. I adjust the application of this lipgloss based on how deep or subtle I want the hue (this is where most people have a problem because sometimes it can get too pink or not pink enough). Can even apply it over lipstick and really brightens up the color if I want a bold look. This gloss feels really nice on the lips and even after it fades my lips feel moisturized with a tint of pink color. It lasts long even with eating and drinking. The only con (i took one lippie off) is the price which is why I only buy this when I have a sephora gc or there is a coupon because the tube tends to last a long time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product for $22, and I was disappointed. For one, the size is super small for a product for this price. Also, although the color is flattering on me, it's only flattering for a darker look, if I would like to go to parties. I'll use it just for the sake of the fact that I don't want to waste it, but I won't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this gloss. I was told to try it out, and I have not been disappointed. I will be buying again and again! It is so smooth, and makes my lips shiney and so pink and gorgeous!

on 3/5/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

OK...I will start the good.. this gloss FEELS AMAZING..I have never felt ne thing like it ..(I have smashbox normal gloss to in jan premier..feels nothing like this) I LOVE LOVE the way it feels..NOW the color on me..is well not good, its TOO pink..and I LIKE PINK..BUT on my by-racial daughter, it looked really good. I bought it off ebay and still paid too much for it. Then my dogs must have liked the way tasted cause he got a hold of it, and chewed on it (now it comes out a couple different places when u squeeze it.) BUT I would never pay that price for it again..if it was cheaper I would just for the feel and add something to make it work, but its def not worth the price.

on 2/25/2011 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my everyday go-to gloss, but for nice occasions, I love using this to give me that fresh and vibrant look. The color is supposed to enhance the natural color of your lips, however, I think it really just applies a pinkish color that seems to harmonize any skin tone. I use this everyday, and although it is expensive, it doesn't disappoint, I personally favor the fresh, youthful and vibrant look, and this delivers. I pair it with low-key eyes, pinkish blush and this. I'll repurchase. BTW, I have to O-Glow blush, I love that too, but you have to have the time to apply and blend, so that's for days that I'm running on time :)

Popular Lip Glosses