December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't think I would ever have an HG eye makeup remover, but this is it!! Takes off all my eye makeup and any long-lasting lip color that I can't wash off. Nice packaging as well. It doesn't spill in my bag. Just make sure you shake the bottle first!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by PandaBrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is really easy to use. You shake the bottle to mix the two liquids and pour the liquid out through a small hole at the top of the bottle. The bottle itself is nice to look at too.

The eye makeup remover works well, but I didn't expect it to be so oily. But don't worry too much about that. It doesn't stay really oily for long, just in the initial few seconds. What you can do is swipe off your eye makeup with this and then just wash your face, and it'll be fine.

Sometimes I'll notice that after I'm done washing my face, when I tilt my head up and look in the mirror, I have a few black streaks coming down from my eyes that I guess the eye makeup remover didn't get off. It may just be that I have to wipe my eyes more thoroughly with the product though.

It's gentle and I can use it with my contacts, so that's a plus. It's not absolutely fantastic, but it works well enough to where I would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been a devout, long-time user of cold-cream to remove everything at the end of the day (followed by a gentle cleanser, of course); however, just lately my eyes have become SO sensitive to just about everything, that I'm switching things up to see if the situation improves.

For this reason, I used my CVS "extra bucks" to purchase this remover, and it is awesome! It is SO gentle and so effective, leaving my eye area feeling hydrated and soothed, and no blurry vision afterward!

If you're tired of tugging at your eyes to remove waterproof products, or tired of the blurred vision that occurs with most oil-based removers, give this one a chance. It is inexpensive, and works beautifully.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by vesquer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying and throwing away the maybelline waterproof makeup remover, and the loreal eye makeup romover, I bought this makeup remover and I LOVE THIS!!! All it takes is one swipe with a cotton pad. I do not need to tug to get my eye makeup off. It is not too oily it reminds me of the lacome one but less expensive!! I think this is my HG makeup remover...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

The most effective yet gentle water proof mascara/eye make-up remover among ALL drugstore brands. PERIOD. I am a contact lenses wearer and this product does not leave any oily residue on my contacts or in my eyes. It is inexpensive as well and the packaging is nice. Hurray!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I use to use the Clinique Take the day off - one, but this is as good as that one. And the Clinique one costs like 3 times more.
Will repurchase again and again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Angelsdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so far the best eye makeup remover ive used. I prefer liquid eye removers to the pad ones because it takes off my waterproof eye makeup better and faster. I have purchased the pad ones before and i have to rub my eyes over and over again to get half the makeup off. This remover i got on sale and it does a great job taking everything over which just a swipe of a cotton pad. However i do not like the dispenser cause its a bit of a hassle to get the product out. The opening is small so i cant get much out. But overall i like it. I'm open to new options but i will definitely keep this product in mind and will repurchase it if i do not find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by beforenafter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how many bottles of this I've gone through. I mostly buy at CVS but today I found some at Ulta, so yay. I applied the $5 off $10 purchase and got 2 bottles for $7 plus tax . .. so less than $4 a piece!

All that to say, you've got to be kidding me if I'm going to spend over $22 for Bi-facil!

I like Bi-facil but my absolute favorite is Mary Kay (Although it might just be rose colored memories at this point it's been so long since I've used it .. . ) I've tried Neutrogena's dual phase (hated it) and L'Oreal's (total waste of time) and Almay (fail) and Olay Regenrist (not awesome) and Estee Lauder Gentle (as useless as L'Oreal's) and Bobbi Brown (Okay but kinda sting-y)

Lumene isn't the best but it is the best value.

Edit: 4/23/11

I just received as a gift the bi-facil and in a side by side comparison.: The 2 are NOT the same. The Lumene performed BETTER than Lancome! Really truly. I can't wait til I'm done with the Lancome so that I can go back to Lumene!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this at cvs and it was around $6 which is not a bad price since this works really well. Before I heard of makeup removers, I used to use baby lotion to remove my eye makeup. It worked...only if I wore eyeshadow. I was watching a video on youtube and this caught my eye, this really does remove waterproof mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, everything! The top is small enough so that not too much product is dispensed, I pour this out on a cotton pad and let it soak my eye for a few seconds. I wipe away any extra and behold a clean naked eye. Reason I gave it a 4 is because sometimes, if I have somewhat "a lot" of eye makeup on it does tend to smear the makeup around my eye so you have to be careful. Also, I find that it doesn't get everything all the time. Since I remove my makeup before I shower, when I step out sometimes I find that I have smudges underneath my eyes from the makeup so just be sure to get everything off. But other than that this product works wonderfully, I have a little less than 1/4 of the bottle left and I will plan on repurchasing this soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sc2944

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love everything about this makeup remover. I'm so glad I stumbled on this. It removes everything so easily and you only have to use a little bit. I also like the top of it, not too little and not too much product comes out when using. This will last you forever! :)