Bourjois rose d'or

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

on 5/16/2011 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely ADORE my Bourjois Rose D'Or blush! Its a lovely shimery pink and gives an amzing blush to your cheeks and cheekbones! I used to use Cliniques blusher and the No7 HighLights blush, but this blows all them out the water! The cute little round pot is easily portable, and the blush doesnt cake over time! Defo give this colour a try if you like baing playful with your makeup!

on 5/13/2011 7:09:00 PM

i love bourjois blushes and have practically the whole range! but this one is the least effective and flattering on me im NW20, ive tried to like it and wear it but its not half as good as the other two pinkest blushes: rose frisson and rose de brune! in my opinion? so dont understand the hype. maybe its just not effective on NW20 skin tones?

on 5/3/2011 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a pink-rose blush with gold shimmer. It's uniquely rosy and sweet, with a somewhat cheap fragrance that is somehow still lovely. Although the shade is a favorite, and the finish is subtle but buildable, it takes some effort to get anything on your brush. This is almost worth the hassle, but I've found myself reaching for it less and less over the years. According to their website, they were the inventors of the pressed powder blush (also, once owned by the same group as Chanel). So you'd think they'd have worked this out by now...for shame.

Swatches below ...

Outdoor, with NARS Orgasm:

Indoor:
continued >>

I love this, its been the only blush I've owned up until last week. It really does last ages, very easy to apply. I love the brush and the packaging. The colour is a perfect pink with a subtle shimmer. I'm very fair and it doesn't look clownish on me (though that depends how much you apply).

The packaging can be a bit fiddly, mine fell and the closure is broken, but I'm still using it two years later.

on 4/22/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a very fair-skinned Dutch lady and it is hard for me to find blushes that don't make me look like a clown. This is a very soft pink shade that looks very natural on me, it is one of my favourite blushes. The scent is lovely too, and cute packaging.

This is probably one of my all time favorite blushes. I am NC20 and the rosy pink with a hint of gold just works so well on me. It really brightens my face. The packaging is cute. I like the little pot but the brush is useless so I tossed it out. I love the scent. I know it's unnecessary but it just adds to the fun of putting on makeup for me. The only drawback is that over time, these blushes do harden and stop releasing their colour. But they are easily revived by scraping with a brush. I like using a brow comb/brush tool for this. I still give this blush a 5 because I reach for it time and time again. It lasts nicely on my skin too. I never have to touch up. I would repurchase Rose d'Or many times over if I needed to! These blushes do last quite a while though, so I won't need to anytime soon! :)

on 1/18/2011 10:08:00 AM

love this. best blusher. a little goes a long way so even though its a little pot it lasts a long time. my favourite thing about this blusher is the smell it is gorgeous!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favourite blush of all time. For reference I am NW10 with pink undertones and almost all foundations are too yellow for me, and this blush gives a really nice glow. It is gold and pink together. I have had it for about 3 years and still haven't finished it. I like the way it comes with its own brush, and a little mirror! Overall an excellent blush I love it.

on 10/14/2010 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, I got this blush for free, so I can't really complain. The colour is really nice and suitable for just about every skintone. I'm an NC25ish for comparison and this was decently pigmented on my cheeks. My sister, however, is an NW15 and this look amazing on her as a first-time blush user like her. Used with a skunk brush, it deposits the perfect amount of colour and isn't cakey. I looked up the price and its about $19 here in Canada - which is kind of expensive for the size - its domed, but way smaller than a MAC Mineralized blush, regular blush or MSF. Its pigmented, so it'll last awhile, but still - thats expensive! The smell might also bother someone sensitive....its a flowery sweet smell I can't quite put my finger on....but not as strong as Anna Sui's stuff. The packaging is cute - flip top with a mirror and tiny rounded fan brush. Would I buy it for myself? Maybe...if I liked a different colour more, but not this one.

on 9/17/2010 12:44:00 AM

If u have fair skin, i would recommend this. The color is very pretty, rose pink with very fine gold shimmer. The only problem with this blush is it can be hard to apply due its rocky hard texture. So if you have realtively fair skin and you want to have a nice healthy glow, it will be the one for you. But if you want to have highly pigment one, then this is not for you. Personaly I think it is not bad and I will use it for most of time when I feel I just want to have a nature look. The smell is divine. I think Bourjois always has a nice smell in their products which I personally do not feel offensive.

Top Rated Bourjois Products