December 27, 2014 | 1771 users online

Pressed Powders - TheBalm - Sexy Mama

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Kakoon

I bought this after getting the balm jovi palette as a gift and loved it. I read the reviews :) and decided to try this out. I stopped using powder because my skin is somewhat dry and it made my face look horrible. This isn't drying at all and sets my makeup perfectly. Also great if you prefer not to wear a face full of makeup daily and just want a finished, less shiny look. Totally recommend, it's definitely worth the few extras dollars.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Truly translucent, totally matte pressed powder. Fantastic for touchups for those who favor a matte look. It's the best matte translucent pressed powder I've tried at this price point. I have dry skin and it is not uncomfortable to wear, though it looks a little flat on me, which is my only reason not to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this powder especially how well it controls oil with those oil control spheres. I find when I finish my makeup I use this with my Hello Kitty Kabuki and bam no shine and oil control for quite a while too.
I am combo skinned so my T-zone loves to get oily with this it really keeps my skin looking fresh. I'm an NW-20 so it's invisible on my skin and it doesn't cake on me or accentuate dry patches.
I love the packaging and think it's perfect for my bag. Best thing also is no talc in the formula which is nice to me. This is good stuff highly recommended and I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lane87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've found this along with the bronzer and blush at TJ MAxx for $14 so the price really isn't bad. The powder goes on well, feels light, doesn't smell funny, and sets foundation well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thankfully I got this on sale for 10 USD (instead of the regular 21 USD), and at first I absolutely hated this, I thought it was chalky and non-transparent. I left it in the bottom of my makeup drawer for nearly a month, until I was re-organising and decided to give it another try.

I'm so glad I did! My first impressions were just way off. I have very dry skin, however I don't like my foundation to be dewy, so I'm always on the hunt for a powder that can work for dry skin types aswell.
The reason it didn't work very well was because I applied it with my Eco Tools Kabuki. Dense brushes don't really work well to apply this product, you really need a fan brush or a large powder brush, otherwise the product will just cake up and look awful.

The staying power is brilliant, it keeps my foundation semi-matte for however long I'm wearing makeup.

The colour is truly translucent, despite my first impressions.

The formulation is thin and the product can be built up if needed.

The regular retail price is a little steep for me, but then again I've been using this for months and it hardly looks like I've even used the product, so I imagine it will last a long time.
This is truly the best powder I've found that will work with even the driest skin types! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CimCim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nose usually gets oily in the afternoon but not with this products. This product does what it says and matches my skin perfectly. Also the packaging is so cute !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite translucent powder! It actually does what it says: Controls oil and eliminates shine (uses mini oil-absorbing spheres), sets makeup without the powdery look, and provides a matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I loooooove this powder. After some crappy experiences with translucent powders (not really translucent, not milled fine enough, cakey looking, doesn't set foundation, emphasized dry spots, etcetc..) I found one that does none of these things! I think I have used powders that were milled finer but they were more like foundations, not setting powders, so I can understand the texture. This powder also somehow makes my bbcream better match my face, even tho it's colorless it has I don't know maybe a warmness to it? I'm not sure how it works lol but it definitely doesn't make me look lighter or ashey, just smooth and poreless and..natural. My makeup doesn't transfer withb this powder (which is was before) and it doesn't alter the look of my contouring or bronzing efforts when dusted over all that. I'm not a super oily person, so I can't speak to the oil control but the sides of my nose do get smudgy after a some time and I don't find that happens with this powder on. Since I'm mostly dry I was worried this would emphasize flakes but nope, it doesn't! Insread it sort of settled beneath flakes instead of right on top of them so they're less noticible. This powder is like 25 bucks at Duane Reade but you may be able to score it cheaper at TJMaxx or Marshall's. Just make sure ilt's not tampered with, it's not sealed, it just has a carboard sleeve. If you're gonna carry it around do not chuck the sleeve! The box is only magnetic. Also, you will need a fluffy brush preferably synthetic to avoid getting to much product (and you don't need much at all). Other than that an excellent buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!! I never thought that a powder would help get through the day with my oily/greasy skin....all i have to do is apply this on my foundation, no touch ups or anything, once a day will save me! I don't have to worry about being a shiny disco ball any more :P The price is a little off, but it's worth it..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very shiny skin and this just works okay. It doesn't come with a brush or sponge to apply with which is really inconvenient. I find that a sponge works best because it gets enough product. I also buy Lancome dual finish powder and I find that price per gram the Lancome is actually cheaper. I will stick with that.