Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has got to be one of the most high quality foundations I have ever used!

PROS that I had using this foudation:
- Very blendable: I tend to use my fingers with this as I feel like it helps melt the product into my skin, if you are correctly colour matched, I would say it'd be hard to make a mistake when blending with this product
- Natural finish: I think the biggest difference I see when using this is how it helps conceal my pores, it does a great job doing that. The finish is satin-like and not overly glowly but still natural.
- Long wearing: I have combination skin and this foundation latest well on my cheeks which is where I have normal-dry skin but on my t-zone after a full day of wearing it, there was shine which is to be expected if you have oily skin. So, good if you have normal to dry skin, I'd still recommend this to someone with oily skin but you will probably still have to do a touch up after a while. Just depends on your skin really.
- Coverage: this has medium coverage which suited me well but if you have heavy scaring or active blemishes, this might not be enough if you're hoping to get an absolutely flawless finish.
- Generaly Quality: packaging was luxurious as always from Christian Dior and is sturdy. Quite bulky but durable.

CON:
The price! Extremely expensive. But if you're willing to invest in a high quality foundation then go for it. My advice is to see if you can get your hands on a sample first before committing.

There is no strong scents in this product. This is really one of my 'special' foundations so I don't like using it often as it is very pricey but when I'm in the mood and I need coverage fast I will just use this with my fingers- pretty much mistake proof when it comes to the blending.

on 5/27/2011 1:58:00 PM

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for months and finally I found this wonderful product. My sensitive tender porcelain skin was in need for a foundation not only perfectly matching my skin tone (I am using the lightest shade, and it looks divine on my fair skin) but also the foundation which nourishes the skin, provides it with moisture (while not making the T-Zone shiny) & giving my skin glow from inside. I found everything I wanted in this luxury product. Yes, it is somewhat pricey, but it costs every penny. I feel so beautiful & special putting it on my face in the morning, I love the way it feels on my skin, the way it glows, the way it smooths every little line & perfects every little skin imperfection... I am just in love with it. I am not sure if it can be recommended to girls with oily skin, but I believe it will be perfect for girls with normal to dry, and combination to dry skin.
As a comparison, I was using La Rosche foundation before I tried this amazing CD product, well... I must say La Rosche product feels like it has sand inside & the texture is very unpleasant in comparison to this wonderful thing. I threw La Rosche in the garbage... and I am enjoying this new product for about 2 weeks now, and I can not be happier :)))

on 2/7/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had considered buying Chanel Vitalumiere after I had been using the sample for a few days. But I found that after a few hours, it made my face shiny and I don't have oily skin. I chanced upon the Dior counter and the wonderful Dominik helped me match my shade. It's clever in that each colour shade also has a corresponding undertone. I was matched to 033 which is a warm beige colour but with peachy undertones. For reference, I am 50 Natural in Vitalumiere, Shade F in Stila, Beige Sienne in Vitalumiere Aqua.

I LOVE this foundation. You need a tiny amount to just even out the skin and it lasted all day and left my skin glowing not shiny. I set it with a small amount of the Totale powder which is the nicest powder I've ever used.

This foundation is very expensive but to be honest I have wasted so much time and money on my quest for the perfect foundation, that the price was worth coming to the end of that search and being so so happy when I look in the mirror after I have applied this and also hours later. Dior might be my new Chanel so shall be going back to look at other products.

on 12/13/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Been on a mission to find my HG - this is just ok for me. I like how it feels going on, but it settles into my lines. I'm not that old (early 30's), but I have super DRY skin. I feels like Armani's Luminous Silk going on, but once it dries, it's not the best, at least in the colder months for me. I prefer MAC's Studio Sculpt becuase it's a thicker gel consistency. I'll have to give this another chance in the summer.
For reference, I an NC37 and use this is Medium Beige 30, Asian, super dry skin, no blemishes/skin issues.

on 11/24/2010 5:23:00 AM

Hey guys, just got my CD foundation. Ordered it online. However, would like to know how to read the expiry date. anyone knows??? it is 0X03. Thanks!

This really is worth the price. It looks like my skin, only perfect. I got a sample first and when I ran out of it and tried Dior Nude, It just didn't look the same. I had to go buy it. I do need to apply a little powder for staying power and have been using smashbox Halo glow powder and the combo is working well. This is the first makeup that has not settled into my fine lines. I have definately become a DiorDiva!

on 11/14/2010 4:04:00 AM

This product is fantastic. I love Dior foundations, and this one does not disappoint. It makes my skin look flawless, and yet natural.

I have oily skin and tend to blot my skin throughout the day. This foundation has the ability to stay put on my skin throughout the day (13 hours at work, then dinner/drinks) and not break me out/clog my pores. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a lightweight foundation.

on 9/20/2010 5:54:00 PM

i tried so many and this makeup is the best !!!

on 9/2/2010 5:34:00 PM

After searching for a long time, (my estee lauder one had been discontinued) I decided to try Dior. I really love this product. I love the dewy finish and the coverage is fantastic. I couldn't believe how little you had to use and how it just glides on. In the sun (you can only see up close) it has tiny sparkly particles. Very beautiful product.

Skin: Other, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is highly recommended for dry and mature skin. It takes away all my imperfections without sinking in pores and wrinkles. It is not sweat-proof and my daughter broke out of it, so try before buy, cause it's damn expensive. I found the much cheaper L'oreal true match nearly as good, but in germany they don't sell the whole colour range, so I have to stay with this one and hope the announced "rich Ingredients" will do their work too.