Smashbox Bionic Mascara

2.6

on 7/21/2010 3:52:00 PM

I HATED this!! It didn't do anything spectacular for my eyes, and honestly, I would rather go with a DS mascara. This crap will be all under your eyes in an hour!! I'll stick my my diorshow. Another flop from smashbox. How sad.

on 7/16/2010 3:36:00 AM

Like the formula but doesn't last long. I find that this and DNA smuge very easy and seem to fade fast.

on 7/1/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara came with a set. I really like the way it makes my lashes look. It gave them volume and held the curl pretty well. It does flake and smudge sometimes. I wouldnt say this mascara is horrible, but I've seen better.

on 6/26/2010 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This does an okay job at giving me some volume, but doesn't do much for length. But it smudges on me horribly. Maybe it would work better for someone who doesn't have oily lids, although mine aren't all that bad, and I use just a touch of UDPP under the lashline as well as on the lid. I rarely have problems with smudging, generally speaking. Not only do I get the dreaded "didn't wash her makeup off at night" look, but it's also hard to get the mascara off once it's smudged! I have to use an oil-based remover and several swipes of the cotton ball or q-tip, which is more tugging and rubbing on my eye area than I need on a daily basis. This was part of a Lash Stash from Sephora, so I don't feel too bad about tossing it after just one week of use. Next!

In the beginning when i saw this product i thought the wand was very nice, I have high expectations for this mascara. But when i used it the next day i found that i would get panda eyes!! the mascara kinda weighed down my eyelashes.. i definitely do not recommend this!!

I received this full size Mascara as part of a Smashbox set. It is extremely volumizing however I definitely need a waterproof mascara.

The formula is *SLIGHTLY* dry. I didn't have any problems with flaking but if your eye gets even a little wet it, the mascara causes racoon eyes! I washed dishes one day using it, and just a small splash of water flew on my lashes & it was all over!

I would use this product if it was Waterproof....because it definitely gave lots of volume to my lashes!

on 4/28/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of the Smashbox Try Me Vol 2 kit from Sephora. I did not find the mascara to be clumpy at all, and actually looked good initially. I will not repurchase because it left me with the most horrible raccoon eyes after only a few hours of wearing.

on 4/20/2010 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Maybe I had a bad batch of this mascara because I absolutely hated it and it seems as if others like it. I swear the tube dried out in like 10 minutes, it doesn't go on smoothly and I was just all around unsatified with it because it was so dry. i'll still with Maybelline or L'Oreal mascaras.

on 4/11/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is by far the best mascara I have ever used! It stays in place nicely, no fall-out or flaking. I've cried with it on and it did not smug, though I've never swam with it on so I can't say if its truly waterproof or not. But I must say that it is truly black and volumizing! I've got long lashes to begin with, but with this mascara they really stand out. And not to mention that its like the only mascara that I am NOT allergic too (my eyes water and swell up from clinques, macs, all drugstore brands, makeup forevers, bare escentuals, loracs, stilas, and lolas). I've tried many, and well, none hold a candle to this one (in my book). If Smashbox ever stops producing this I think I'd die!

on 4/2/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've gone back to this mascara a couple of times because I like the volume that it gives the lashes. It does dry faster then other mascaras(usually lasts me a month or two). The brush is a nice size for creating volume and some length!

Popular Mascaras