Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

4.6

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 – CI 77499 – CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took me a while to get this product as I am the one who prefers (or tries!) to use up products before buying a new one, and as I had BeneFit High beam already, I was admiring from afar. My BeneFit was finishing when my husband surprised me with this. And I must say I absolutely love it. It gives subtle light to my skin and makes it look gorgeous!!
I had concern before getting this about the shades, and whether Rose Diamond was more suitable for my skin, but I must say whether you like that bronzey look or not, this doesn't actually give much color just lovely warm sheen, so it works on all skintone. The packaging is classic and luxurious. I think they are a bit heavier than Chanel packaging, but that sure does make them feel more luxurious.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only highlighter I own, and probablu always will be. I think the main reason that differentiates it from every other highlighter out there is that it’s very warm-based – most highlighters I have tried have a very artificial pearly white cast to them not to mention a ton of glitter. Thankfully, Amber Diamond is neither, and this is what makes it look so natural on a variety of skin tones. It goes without saying that the powder is so incredibly finely milled, swiping it gently with my fingers feels buttery soft. Amber Diamond contains 5 shimmering shades – they are frosty, but full of micro-shimmer which means once on the skin it results in a natural glowy sheen that never looks like too much, it gives that coveted ‘lit from within’ healthy glow, and makes me look healthy. As I’m medium toned, it gives a very slight hint of golden colour on my cheeks, but it definitely does not darken my complexion, that’s what a bronzer is for after all. Paler skin tones will really love this.

The 5 shimmering shades are; an ivory with golden-yellow frost (very similar to MAC’s Ricepaper), a champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When each shade is swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm tan shade. Each shade is semi-opaque with a sheer wash of colour – which is precisely the point – it is actually impossible to overdo Amber Diamond because the powder itself isn’t full of pigment. It just infuses with your skin and will never make you look like a disco ball.

I think like most people who coveted this highlighter, it has been on my wishlist for a while because of the price. I buy makeup all of the time, more than I should but I just could not justify it for one highlighter for some reason. I finally purchased it and I returned it. I was more than excited to finally have it and used it everyday but it never ever wowed me. I did not care for the color or effect at all. From my experience I think it would have been nicer if it had more white or beige rather than orange (which I know would defeat the purpose and name) but that is why I did not care for it. I think it suits tanner deeper skin tones better even though I am not that fair (about NC 25). I am not taking a star away for color though because that is preference. Rather, it is due to the application and wear. It was honestly just okay. I read and heard that it gave the skin a beautiful glow and I think it made my cheeks look flakey and uneven. The wear was about average for me. I really prefer theBalm Mary Louminizer. I probably would have kept it if it was cheaper but not at this price.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I like this mainly because it gives me a nice glow without looking glittery or just over the top. A lot of highlighters hardly show up on my NC40-42 skin and if they do, they look too fake or obvious. This looks very natural on me. It also goes on very smoothly as well. The lasting power could be better considerering the price so I had to take off a point. I would probably rebuy this despite cringing at the price. I have dry and clear skin so I can't comment on whether it emphasizes pores, oily skin, or acne scars.

It is a great highlighter but you can save your money and get a similar results with a drug store product

This is the most HE highlighter I own and it's the one I dislike the most. It leaves my cheekbones looking scaly and dry. I don't feel like this is anything special compared to other H/Ls I've tried (i.e. Lorac Spotlight, theBalm Mary Loumanizer). I haven't tried to 'repurpose' it on my eyes because I'm afraid it will give the same effect and I'm not about to rock the scaly-lid look right now.

Sadly this is a bust for me. It's a beautiful compact and looks nice in the pan, but on the face it's just not working for me.

Looking for a highlighter that isn't too chunky or obvious, even with a heavy hand? This is the stuff right here. Seriously!
I had heard a lot of raves for this so I gave it a try while I was at a Dior counter. I wasn't really expecting much because all the other hyped highlighters I'd tried (BB shimmerbrick, MAC soft and gentle) were really chunky or glittery/obvious on me. I asked the SA to apply it on my face and she took out a huge brush and seriously piled a heckload of product on the brush and onto my face. I thought the SA was crazy and didn't know a thing about MU but then I saw my reflection in the mirror and was sold. This seriously looks so dewey and shiny rather than glittery and chunky. Doesn't leave that obvious highlighted look to your face. And when it catches the light, it's absolutely gorgeous! Honest to god, the best highlighter I've ever tried. Really recommend it to those who have a bit of a heavy hand when it comes to makeup because there really seems to be no such thing as too much of this product. Just be warned that it's gold/yellow toned so if that doesn't work with your skintone, you should probably pass on this .Otherwise, definitely worth the purchase!

i finally broke down and purchased this because of all the rumours that it was being discontinued. i am a total dior girl, so i had to get it. it's been on my wishlist for a while. now it looks too OTT on my nc40 olive skin when i apply with a brush, but with my fingers it looks just perfect. subtle, radiant and smooth. i am very glad i purchased it. i am sooo tempted by the rose diamond but i don't have the budget right now.

This is a really nice product. It gives a beautiful sheen to wherever you're highlighting, and subtle warmth and glow if applying as a blush. The packaging so nice and sleek, and the product itself is beautiful just to look at in the pan. I would buy it again...but at the same time I feel like I could find another product out there that's cheaper and very similar to this. If you can afford it, awesome. But it's no HG product to save up for and get hyped about.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This. product. is. beautiful. Expensive? Absolutely. Worth it? Absolutely.

It reminds me a bit of MAC's soft and gentle MSF but much less glittery, much more natural. It is soft and lovely--- super finely milled. The shimmer is really just that... shimmer, not glitter. Applying a swirl of the whole compact to the tops of your cheekbones gives a natural, bronze highlight that makes you look lit from within. You skin just GLOWS. Applying just from the first two strips gives an even more natural light.

It can also easily be used as a brow highlight, inner corner highlight, etc etc. It is absolutely costly but I feel it is so, so worth it. The packaging is beautiful (the same as the Dior shadow quints), the product is even just beautiful to look at. Ugh, I just love it <3