August 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

This is the only highlighter I own, and probablu always will be. I think the main reason that differentiates it from every other highlighter out there is that it’s very warm-based – most highlighters I have tried have a very artificial pearly white cast to them not to mention a ton of glitter. Thankfully, Amber Diamond is neither, and this is what makes it look so natural on a variety of skin tones. It goes without saying that the powder is so incredibly finely milled, swiping it gently with my fingers feels buttery soft. Amber Diamond contains 5 shimmering shades – they are frosty, but full of micro-shimmer which means once on the skin it results in a natural glowy sheen that never looks like too much, it gives that coveted ‘lit from within’ healthy glow, and makes me look healthy. As I’m medium toned, it gives a very slight hint of golden colour on my cheeks, but it definitely does not darken my complexion, that’s what a bronzer is for after all. Paler skin tones will really love this.

The 5 shimmering shades are; an ivory with golden-yellow frost (very similar to MAC’s Ricepaper), a champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When each shade is swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm tan shade. Each shade is semi-opaque with a sheer wash of colour – which is precisely the point – it is actually impossible to overdo Amber Diamond because the powder itself isn’t full of pigment. It just infuses with your skin and will never make you look like a disco ball.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I think like most people who coveted this highlighter, it has been on my wishlist for a while because of the price. I buy makeup all of the time, more than I should but I just could not justify it for one highlighter for some reason. I finally purchased it and I returned it. I was more than excited to finally have it and used it everyday but it never ever wowed me. I did not care for the color or effect at all. From my experience I think it would have been nicer if it had more white or beige rather than orange (which I know would defeat the purpose and name) but that is why I did not care for it. I think it suits tanner deeper skin tones better even though I am not that fair (about NC 25). I am not taking a star away for color though because that is preference. Rather, it is due to the application and wear. It was honestly just okay. I read and heard that it gave the skin a beautiful glow and I think it made my cheeks look flakey and uneven. The wear was about average for me. I really prefer theBalm Mary Louminizer. I probably would have kept it if it was cheaper but not at this price.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mainly because it gives me a nice glow without looking glittery or just over the top. A lot of highlighters hardly show up on my NC40-42 skin and if they do, they look too fake or obvious. This looks very natural on me. It also goes on very smoothly as well. The lasting power could be better considerering the price so I had to take off a point. I would probably rebuy this despite cringing at the price. I have dry and clear skin so I can't comment on whether it emphasizes pores, oily skin, or acne scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by RehamArfaj

It is a great highlighter but you can save your money and get a similar results with a drug store product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is the most HE highlighter I own and it's the one I dislike the most. It leaves my cheekbones looking scaly and dry. I don't feel like this is anything special compared to other H/Ls I've tried (i.e. Lorac Spotlight, theBalm Mary Loumanizer). I haven't tried to 'repurpose' it on my eyes because I'm afraid it will give the same effect and I'm not about to rock the scaly-lid look right now.

Sadly this is a bust for me. It's a beautiful compact and looks nice in the pan, but on the face it's just not working for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

Looking for a highlighter that isn't too chunky or obvious, even with a heavy hand? This is the stuff right here. Seriously!
I had heard a lot of raves for this so I gave it a try while I was at a Dior counter. I wasn't really expecting much because all the other hyped highlighters I'd tried (BB shimmerbrick, MAC soft and gentle) were really chunky or glittery/obvious on me. I asked the SA to apply it on my face and she took out a huge brush and seriously piled a heckload of product on the brush and onto my face. I thought the SA was crazy and didn't know a thing about MU but then I saw my reflection in the mirror and was sold. This seriously looks so dewey and shiny rather than glittery and chunky. Doesn't leave that obvious highlighted look to your face. And when it catches the light, it's absolutely gorgeous! Honest to god, the best highlighter I've ever tried. Really recommend it to those who have a bit of a heavy hand when it comes to makeup because there really seems to be no such thing as too much of this product. Just be warned that it's gold/yellow toned so if that doesn't work with your skintone, you should probably pass on this .Otherwise, definitely worth the purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i finally broke down and purchased this because of all the rumours that it was being discontinued. i am a total dior girl, so i had to get it. it's been on my wishlist for a while. now it looks too OTT on my nc40 olive skin when i apply with a brush, but with my fingers it looks just perfect. subtle, radiant and smooth. i am very glad i purchased it. i am sooo tempted by the rose diamond but i don't have the budget right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

This is a really nice product. It gives a beautiful sheen to wherever you're highlighting, and subtle warmth and glow if applying as a blush. The packaging so nice and sleek, and the product itself is beautiful just to look at in the pan. I would buy it again...but at the same time I feel like I could find another product out there that's cheaper and very similar to this. If you can afford it, awesome. But it's no HG product to save up for and get hyped about.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This. product. is. beautiful. Expensive? Absolutely. Worth it? Absolutely.

It reminds me a bit of MAC's soft and gentle MSF but much less glittery, much more natural. It is soft and lovely--- super finely milled. The shimmer is really just that... shimmer, not glitter. Applying a swirl of the whole compact to the tops of your cheekbones gives a natural, bronze highlight that makes you look lit from within. You skin just GLOWS. Applying just from the first two strips gives an even more natural light.

It can also easily be used as a brow highlight, inner corner highlight, etc etc. It is absolutely costly but I feel it is so, so worth it. The packaging is beautiful (the same as the Dior shadow quints), the product is even just beautiful to look at. Ugh, I just love it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this so much! It is an unbelievably creamy, soft, just beautiful powder highlighter. I'm an NC30 in the winter, & this suits me at my lightest, or in the summer when I'm tan (NC40) because it has several varying shades. The *color* of this may be able to be duped with cheap imitations such as Physician's Formula shimmer strips, (which many say are a dupe of this) but that's it. The texture, beauty, subtlety, staying power, and finely-milled, silky-soft luxury of this Dior masterpiece cannot be duplicated. Neither can the happy feeling it gives me just to take out the pretty compact : ) Can u tell I adore this? I never feel nearly as fabulous when I take out my PF Waikiki strip, I have to say. And isn't that feeling part of the thrill of using HE makeup? That, and the amazing quality of course! Also, the PF shimmer strips are much, much frostier than the Amber Diamond. This is hard to pick up in pics, where they look very similar, but in real life, especially in the sunlight, the Dior is much more subtle than the PF, which looks like a glitter bomb exploded on ur face, and ends up all over ur face throughout the day. This gives you the most gorgeous sheen and luminousity when applied to your cheekbones, or anywhere else u like to highlight, and stays in the place u applied it throughout the day. It's not glittery, it just lights up your whole face and gives your makeup that finishing touch, that makes u look and feel amazing. It also doubles as an eyeshadow, and comes with 10 grams of product, which is about twice the size of your average highlighter. And did I mention the packaging? I still store mine in the adorable little velvet pouch it came in, I can't bring myself to throw it out lol, but the navy compact with CD on the front is very sturdy, luxurious, and elegant, with a large mirror that always comes in handy. This will work as a highlight on every skintone. Yes it's expensive @ $44, but I don't regret this fabulous splurge for a second! If u want a designer imposter, by all means, the PF is a pretty highlighter, although, NOT a dupe. But if u want perfection in powder form, go for the Dior. (I know some will vote this review unhelpful becuz i dared to say the HE product is better than the DS "dupe", but oh well, it's true!! LOL)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No