December 22, 2014 | 1768 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Intervene

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cfmarie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I received a sample of this as a GWP in soft cameo which is WAY too dark for me so I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I decided that instead of throwing it out I would mix it with equal parts of my facial moisturizer and use it that way... well OMG boys and girls I couldn't believe it, flawless, oilfree perfection all day. Plus, because I cut it with moisturizer it totally worked for my skintone!

If you are having a good skin day and just need something to even and matte your face then make yourself a TM with this and you will be in love like me. I just set it with a translucent powder and voila! In fact, I am going to buy a full size in soft cameo because this is working so well for me. For the record, I mix it with Biore pore minimizing moisturizer with spf 15. I took one lippie off because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by GG93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE IT!!!!
my HG foundation!!

I have extremely oily skin so I used A LOT of foundations that could handle my oiliness! The foundations i bought were quite cheap because i never believed in the more expensiv the better concept!
but a lovely pharmacist introduced me to this foundation and i have never looked back!
I found my EXACT match which is very rare because i have a yellow base.

FEW TIPS:
Use a foundation brush...dont use a sponge!! (sponge make s it look a bit cakey)
and definitely less is more...when i caked it on when i used it the first time (like i normally did with my old foundation) i realized that as hours went by, it looked a tiny bit streaky.

I def recommend this foundation!

DISCONTINUED MY COLOUR! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT foundation, I found it to be one of the best i've ever used.
It has moderate coverage that looks flawlessly natural (my mom commented on how nice my "natural" skin was while i was wearing it... lol!) that stays pretty much put throughout the day.
My only complaint is that it doesn't come in that many colors/shades, because as much as I love this product, the best shade for me is still too pink.
But other than that- fabulous :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Received a $30 GC for the local Arden Red Door Spa, so I thought I'd use it for foundation, as I had run out of my usual Lauder DoubleWear.

Although I'm mid-50s and postmeno, I still have combo skin with oily T-zone, with fair skin, which "eats" most foundations, liquid or mineral. I first liked that Intervene comes in a bottle with a pump, which was easy to use, and does not require me to but my fingers along the rim of the bottle, so it's a cleaner application. The pump was easy to use, with two quick squirts just enough for using all over my face, including an extra dab for spotty areas. I topped it off with a bit of MK loose powder and my BB Rose Shimmerbrick. I wore my DayWear SPF 30 under it. The coverage was medium to full, and lasted more than eight hours with no touchups, Intervene is almost or as good as DoubleWear on my skin. Both are great products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by flossymae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation will settle in fine lines and wrinkles making them more visible. Very drying-even on normal skin. Ladies-especially older with mature skin-avoid this and save your money. The best foundation for mature skin is Color Recapture from Olay. I know I've tried them all. This is the worst foundation I've ever used, period.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Being a male it is hard to get something that makes the texture of your skin nice, This was perfect for it!
i love that it is 100% oil free and does not clog pores. I got this foundation in Soft beige and at first i thought it was too pale but i soon realised it was just that the other foundations i had been using were a lot darker/too dark. It takes me 1-2 pumps to cover my face and i would considder it medium coverage but definitely buildable. The product has no weird smell (Like Lancome!) and it goes on beautifully. It lasts the whole day for me without touchups unless i i go out at night i'll use maybe another half pump just where i need it. This is a great, great product and i really reccomend!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by maashi

This was my first HE foundation after having used Maybelline for years and realising the colour I used doesn't match me!! >.<

Great colour match (Soft Toast - I am an Asian NC40), not too greasy, good coverage. Lasts a reasonably long time, bearing in mind I did not use powder to set it in at the time. Love the pump that comes with it. Had it not for the SA I probably wouldn't have considered EA, I always thought of it as an old-lady brand, but it is good quality foundation that I found ok to work with using hands. (I am too lazy to use a brush.) And I did not get break outs from this.

I have moved on to try other fd's now, and I wouldn't go as far as calling it my HG foundation, but if I am stuck I know I can go back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

this product wasnt bad, care must be taken to apply it correctly, the moisturiser and primer is a must, also it can end up looking shiny after a while so a powder over may be a good idea. or blotting papers.
it wasnt the best foundation iv tried but it was better than most, the coverage it quite good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. i could not believe my eyes! The best face lift i have had in months!
To be honest, when I tried this foundation on my wrist I had doubts (yeah I know this is a wrong spot but what are you gonna do when you are in the store and you are already made up? where do you try new foundations?? on your hands and wrists... we all do that!).
I said, seeing it on my wrist I was not 100% convinced as I found the texture weird, it was super runny and it took forever to blend and to dry when applied. I was scared that it would look greasy and took forever to dry of my face as well.
However, in the end i bought it as it had a very good price, like 25 Euros (other foundations are soo expensive! you can't get anything like Dior or Chanel or Lancome for less than 41 Euros!!) and I am always in the life-long quest of finding the new HG foundation.
So I bought it in shade Soft Sand 05, has a neutral tone (so it is neither yellow nor pinky); this shade is darker than my usual foundation shade, but I am still quite tanned and this suits my tanned tone now (matching the neck/body tan).
Application: smooth, it is a tad runny, but it spreads evenly, melts into skin and yeah, it covers everything with just one layer!!!
I have brown spots (melasma) and I applied a drop more on the damn spots, and *magic* everything was concealed (=no concealer needed!!).
What I got: an Extremely smooth, younger looking face! A real face lift. I was amazed.
Fixed it with my usual loose powder.
The result is matte but NOT flat (your skin looks natural but not dewy, but I do not go for the dewy look, prefer matte) and really long staying; no need to blot until midday, which is the average/good performance for a foundation on me (I have a shining T-zone in summer that is always to be blotted & powdered during the day).
I am really impressed wiht this foundation; I am going to buy it in a lighter shade to match my winter skintone. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I am not a big fan of liquid foundations but do tend to wear them for special occasions. The colour Soft Sunbeige is the perfect colour match for my NC20-25 asian skintone!! I love the fact that it's lightweight yet provides great coverage and doesn't feel masky nor does it become chalky. In fact, my skin looks radiant and very natural. Plus it's very long lasting!! I also love the pump bottle and one pump is more than enough to cover my face. I usually apply this with my fingertips as it provides more coverage with a natural look. Definite repurchase. EDIT: Noticed that whenever I wear this I get little fleshy bumps. Stopped using it due to this reaction.