Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder - Catwalk Pink #345

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/28/2010 7:02:00 PM

This illuminating powder is okay. I don't see HUGE color payoff, just some pinkish shimmer on my cheeks. And forget about using the strips alone as eyeshadows. I've tried it, and they don't show up at all. I guess it's okay for a little highlight on the cheekbones, but I won't repurchase.

on 11/12/2010 5:11:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I've been using Candelight by Mac at $27 and upon recommendations from a girlfriend I gave this a try. I've been using it for a couple of months now. I get compliment on my skin every day and more than one person has commented that my skin just glows. Mega Glo Catwalk is my secret! I blend all the colors together with my kabuki brush and lightly go over my cheekbones, cheeks and nose and then I apply my blush. I just get a healthy glow. At $4 it's a steal! I just hope they don't discontinue this product. For as long as it's on the market I won't go back to Mac or even bother looking for another illuminator.

on 11/7/2010 1:47:00 AM

Not quite sure what all the hype is about with this but I may have had a bad batch. I swatched all four shades seperately, and was only able to get some color with the frosty lilac shade and the dark shimmery bronze. The other two were non-exsistent...as hard as I rubbed my fingers, the fall-out just flew about and still no color. I used a brush to swirl the colors together in hopes of getting this glow that everyone is talking about and my brush could not pick up a thing. It just created a cloud of dust and mess all over. I was a bit disappointed, but then again, what can I expect for $4?

on 11/5/2010 8:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is great! It gives a rosey glow on my fair skin and really makes my skin look much more alive. I don't see too much glitter/sparkle but the color pay-off and color tone is very nice. Definitely worth purchasing and the price is so cheap!

It gives me a glow :) I like it a lot. I use the copperish strip as an eyeshadow because it's shimmery and very pigmented.
but I think it's to glittery for the face

on 8/30/2010 3:02:00 PM

Sorry to bring the ratings down, but I felt I was a little misled by all the positive reviews into purchasing this. I typically love WnW products. But this was very shimmery (and normally I don't mind a little shimmer) with not enough color for my NC25/Buff Beige Asian skin. So I kind of looked shimmery, but without a blush, so I had to add a matte pink on top in order to get any flush. I also bought Strike A Pose Rose and Spotlight Peach, and my fave by far was Spotlight Peach (see my review), which came out a very wearable medium coral/bronze on me -- the perfect summer color. But to be fair, this color would probably work if you have paler coloring and want a shimmery glow, so for $4, there's no harm in trying it out.

***PACKAGING***

Okay, so this is probably one product with the crappiest packaging EVER. It comes in a circular, see through container with "Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glow" written in gold writing on the lid. On the silver base, there is a sticker with the ingredients, the barcode etc, and then the product shade. Obviously I am reviewing "Catwalk Pink".

***PRODUCT***

Well... I put this on, and I looked like a glitter ball that had been tango'd. No lie. I applied a tiny bit onto my cheekbones, my temples, and down my nose (where the sun naturally hits me, as I always apply my highlights), and I was an orange-y, pinky, goldy-yellow-y mess. With LOTS of glitter. You can't feel the glitter, but boy you can feel it!!! It was only a couple of dollars, but it had been hyped up quite a bit, for something that (on me) looked like a disaster. The texture is too grainy, and I found it didn't blend. It seems to break off in HUGE chunks on my skin too :( It looked wayyy to cake-y, even though I always apply very little highlighters/bronzers etc.

***OVERALL OPINION***

I was dissapointed, because so many people have raved about this, and it looks amazing on the beauty gurus that I have seen. I did buy it from Wal-Mart on my trip to the US, so I'm pretty sure it is a genuine product. I definitley won't be buying this again, and it has unfortunatley put me off buying further Wet 'n' Wild products in the future.

on 8/22/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after reading an ex-beauty editor's top 5 favorite products.
This stuff is AMAZING.....makes my skin GLOW, and the glow appears as if it is coming from within. It reminds me of the pretty (airbrushed!) glow you see on models in magazines. I have a medium, olive complexion for reference.

on 8/17/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I admit I don't think I have any idea if I am using this right or how I should use it. I use it in much of the same way I would use a blush or bronzer, I blend it all together and apply it anywhere the sun would hit. It has a lot of shimmer/sheen to it which I typically hate but for some reason I adore this product. My skin looks so glowy and "alive" when I use it. I am very pale and tend to look a little "bland" and washed out but this product is great for preventing that. I have also tried to use some of the shades as a quick eyeshadow as one reviewer suggested and that worked very nicely as well. I may pick up some of the other shades of this but being very fair I am nervous to use any of the others as they are darker and I can already get quite a bit of colour with this one. Would repurchase.

on 8/7/2010 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried at least a dozen highlighters, both high-end and drugstore, but this one is still my favorite. It's a very sheer pink with some soft gold shimmer, so I just brush it over my blush for a wee bit more intensity and a gorgeous golden glow. It makes me look like I'm glowing! The packaging is HORRENDOUS; I had to get a friend to open it the first time because it was screwed on so tight, and it's very flimsy. The product itself, however, is FABULOUS. I can't wait to try more of these!

Popular Blush Products