July 30, 2014 | 2182 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Glo Illuminating Powder - Catwalk Pink #345

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

It gives me a glow :) I like it a lot. I use the copperish strip as an eyeshadow because it's shimmery and very pigmented.
but I think it's to glittery for the face

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Sorry to bring the ratings down, but I felt I was a little misled by all the positive reviews into purchasing this. I typically love WnW products. But this was very shimmery (and normally I don't mind a little shimmer) with not enough color for my NC25/Buff Beige Asian skin. So I kind of looked shimmery, but without a blush, so I had to add a matte pink on top in order to get any flush. I also bought Strike A Pose Rose and Spotlight Peach, and my fave by far was Spotlight Peach (see my review), which came out a very wearable medium coral/bronze on me -- the perfect summer color. But to be fair, this color would probably work if you have paler coloring and want a shimmery glow, so for $4, there's no harm in trying it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by xxChelseaSmilexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

***PACKAGING***

Okay, so this is probably one product with the crappiest packaging EVER. It comes in a circular, see through container with "Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glow" written in gold writing on the lid. On the silver base, there is a sticker with the ingredients, the barcode etc, and then the product shade. Obviously I am reviewing "Catwalk Pink".

***PRODUCT***

Well... I put this on, and I looked like a glitter ball that had been tango'd. No lie. I applied a tiny bit onto my cheekbones, my temples, and down my nose (where the sun naturally hits me, as I always apply my highlights), and I was an orange-y, pinky, goldy-yellow-y mess. With LOTS of glitter. You can't feel the glitter, but boy you can feel it!!! It was only a couple of dollars, but it had been hyped up quite a bit, for something that (on me) looked like a disaster. The texture is too grainy, and I found it didn't blend. It seems to break off in HUGE chunks on my skin too :( It looked wayyy to cake-y, even though I always apply very little highlighters/bronzers etc.

***OVERALL OPINION***

I was dissapointed, because so many people have raved about this, and it looks amazing on the beauty gurus that I have seen. I did buy it from Wal-Mart on my trip to the US, so I'm pretty sure it is a genuine product. I definitley won't be buying this again, and it has unfortunatley put me off buying further Wet 'n' Wild products in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2326

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading an ex-beauty editor's top 5 favorite products.
This stuff is AMAZING.....makes my skin GLOW, and the glow appears as if it is coming from within. It reminds me of the pretty (airbrushed!) glow you see on models in magazines. I have a medium, olive complexion for reference.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I admit I don't think I have any idea if I am using this right or how I should use it. I use it in much of the same way I would use a blush or bronzer, I blend it all together and apply it anywhere the sun would hit. It has a lot of shimmer/sheen to it which I typically hate but for some reason I adore this product. My skin looks so glowy and "alive" when I use it. I am very pale and tend to look a little "bland" and washed out but this product is great for preventing that. I have also tried to use some of the shades as a quick eyeshadow as one reviewer suggested and that worked very nicely as well. I may pick up some of the other shades of this but being very fair I am nervous to use any of the others as they are darker and I can already get quite a bit of colour with this one. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried at least a dozen highlighters, both high-end and drugstore, but this one is still my favorite. It's a very sheer pink with some soft gold shimmer, so I just brush it over my blush for a wee bit more intensity and a gorgeous golden glow. It makes me look like I'm glowing! The packaging is HORRENDOUS; I had to get a friend to open it the first time because it was screwed on so tight, and it's very flimsy. The product itself, however, is FABULOUS. I can't wait to try more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mslipsticklvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am kinda impressed with this little product. Why? It does a better job than my Too Faced Bronzers and Highlighters. Not bad for a drug store brand. It's pretty and does help my skin look glowy and rosy. I was afraid of going with a pink because of my yellow undertone skin but this turned out to be worth the risk. A bit here and there around my face and I am good to go. I can even use it with just a press powder underneath and not worry about how I look being under madeup. It made me look like I got some great sun at the beach. I live in Arizona and it just reminded me of my California days in the sun. Didn't expect the fab outcome but am beyond happy with mine. This is a keeper for me. I do recommend it. I will buy it again. I didn't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I pretty much love all of Wet 'n' Wild's mega glo powders! This is my third one which was pretty cheap to begin with, and then was an additional 40% off at Rite Aid when I got it!

I had to have this cause the colors looked way too pretty in the pan. So I finally got it after having the rose and peach ones. This one had a strip of lavender pink color along with a rosier shade, golden copper color, and something else, forget.

Now with this one, you're not going to get crazier pigmentation. It's pretty sheer, but there is that definite "glow" that is nice. On me it turns up more of a sheer, glowy pinky-bronze that is great for just that little hint of color without looking muddy or clown-like. It's pretty safe to say that you'll never over-do this powder no matter how hard you try, same with the others I have, but of the three I own, this is probably the least pigmented.

I'd probably be more disappointed if I was looking for a really pigmented blush, but for $2 this is great and does a pretty decent job with providing the glow and little bit of color. I also feel that for as much as I use these, there's barely a dent in it! So you get a lot for your money. Pick it up on sale if you can- you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by redvermeer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a good steal. I love this as a highlighter with or with out blush. In the morning when I am in a hurry sometimes I just use this to give my face a little perk up with out blush or bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chanelleecheese

I found this at $3.99 at my local Rite Aid. I've been looking for something similar to Milani's Glimmer Strips (I don't know what the name is for sure). I saw this, and I bought it just because I didn't think Wet 'n' Wild could mess up something as simple as a face illuminator. They didn't! There are four colors: a light sand shimmery color, light shimmery pink, almost matte taupe, and very shimmery copper. You only need a tiny little bit of this, because it's very, very shimmery. These four colors create a beautiful blend on my light-medium skin.

I dropped this once, and the clear cap came apart from the silver twisty part of the cap. I've had this for a few months now. The other day, I was looking at the information sticker on the bottom, and the whole powder fell out of the pan in a perfect circle and shattered on my floor and made a mess! That's fine though, it's only $4.