August 27, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Quite Natural

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great shadow base, particularly for darker smokey eyes or a bronze eye, but also under lighter colors to add depth.

Some readers are calling this a red brown, but I find it very middle of the road - not too gray, not too red. In fact, when you pair a lighter color on top the lighter color often morphs into a gray-ish taupe-y version of itself.

Also good on it's own. Very matte, very neutral, perfect for work. One thin layer magically covers all veins and shine on your lid without adding loads of color. Very buildable. I apply with my fingers, haven't tried a brush with it yet. Love the heavy glass packaging :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I am using to define my brows instead of a eye shadow (knew about this trick from Kandee Johnson) and I love this. it stays on all day long and I dont have to use a clear gel over (like with an eye shadow). I can touch my brows/face and don't be afraid the color will fade away. it's very natural, easily applied, easily removed, blends perfectly. I also use in on my lid for a brown smokey eyes as a base.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by firsttaste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Quite Natural is a medium dark brown, quite neutral without a reddish tint. It's a matte finish without any shimmer, but doesn't give that super flat matte look some powder eyeshadows or even other cream shadows with the same finish do. It seems a bit more lively, I really like that. The texture feels super comfortable on the skin, not heavy at all, is easily applied with the right brush (I like something similar to the 217), and doesn't dry out my eyelids.

I use this mainly for my slapdash daytime smokey eye. The PP applied thinly all over the lid -intensity build up in the crease -, a bit of dark brown gel eyeliner smudged in at the lashline, a healthy dose of mascara and I'm good to go. Very simple and sophisticated.

The intensity is buildable, so this one paintpot actually covers a lot of different brown shades from medium to dark. It also works very nicely as a base for a variety of powder eyeshadows. Overall it's just a very good staple product if you're looking for a plain brown that's subtle and natural.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lingerz

Love love love this product! I have really oily skin and single eyelid eyes which tend to "panda-fy" after a couple of hours especially with smokey eye make-up.

This paint pot is a matte brown colour thats creamy and blends really well with a black liquid eyeliner to give a smokey look that can be toned down for day or intensified for night. Mistakes are hard to correct tho so try to get it right upon application. 5 lippies for staying power - even after a vigorous clubbing session this stayed on fabulously. Removes easily with baby oil or eye makeup remover. And the best thing, I've had this since forever and it's not even halfway. Real value for money. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I just bought this 3 days ago (at the CCO) and it's on the fast track to becoming Holy Grail for me. I'm a real stick in the mud when it comes to eyeshadow colors. It's totally neutral for me....browns, taupes, khaki, etc. So this little gem fits right into my comfort zone. I've been trying to find a replacement for the Smashbox waterproof shadow liner and this is it!

I quit using UDPP and TFSI because they were drying to my eyelids. When I used them under Painterly, the product didn't go on smoothly. Without the primers, they go on smoothly and stay on all day. I always top my paint pots off with dry shadow to set them.

I apply p/pots with my fingers. I think it works best that way because it warms up the product and makes it glide over your eyelid. I wish I would have bought two of these!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a dark dark brown color cream shadow. It's great as a base for dark eyeshadow looks or even a daytime brown smokey eye. I am a NC42/43 with a dark lid and this just makes my lid even darker. The only thing that bothers the heck out of me is the lid, if you don't close it properly the paint pot could end up drying out and that's just not cool considering the amount of money invested in a paint pot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by colleen_co

Like Lexi below I bought this to use on my brows after seeing it on Kandee on Youtube. It works perfectly for this purpose and it really does blend or smudge if you make a mistake. I like to use the 266 for application. I do notice that sometimes by the end of the day it wears away. I will go over it with a brow powder when I want real staying power. I think this little jar just might last forever for my brows! I haven't used it as an eye base yet but plan to try it. It isn't the prettiest color to wear alone so I doubt I will be doing that. We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had tried this before for my eyes, and wasn't impressed. I haven't been impressed with any paint pots, except for Soft Ochre. I am using this paint pot for my brow filler, at the suggestion of Kandee on YouTube. I am enjoying this for this purpose. It has great staying power, and if you make a little mistake when crafting your brows in the morning, you can quickly blend or remove a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I bought this mainly because I almost always use browns and neutral eyeshadows. I also use it for my brows now and then. It's medium brown with no shimmer. The color is buildable and I do love it as a base but it's somewhat hard to blend and after owning it for just a few months it seems to be drying out on me already. I would not purchase this pp again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian and olive skinned and it's looks like dirty brown on my lids. I really wanted to love this since I mostly do neutral looks but can't seem to make it work. I will definitely experiment more so I can try to make it work!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No