MAC Paint Pot - Quite Natural

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is going back to mac! Im nc35 with yellow undertones. I usually do neutral make up so i tried this paint pot. It is soooo dry i cnt even blend it! I always had to tug my eye to blend and its like im racing with time to blend it before it dries. Yes, matte make ups are usually dry but i own the painterly one which is also matte but it wasnt as dry as this. And also the color looks muddy. It deserves at least 1 lippie for staying power tho. Mac pint pots stay well! I have indianwood, painterly and bare study! And theyre way creamier than this particular color.

on 3/15/2011 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I went to the MAC counter in search of all the products they used on Quorra in Tron Legacy to achieve the monochromatic look they did in the film, and apparently, this paint pot (along with Bare Study) was one of the paint pots used. (For those who are curious, they also apparently used a kohl black liner smoked out, as well as a black gel liner to achieve the look.... and for the face, they used Strobe Liquid under foundation... still experimenting with it.)

What I discovered was that without the super heavy black/smoked out liner like they did in the film, Quite Natural has turned out to be my H/G for creating a basic but beautiful daytime neutral eye look. It blends easily, and doesn't crease or get weird throughout the day. In fact, I was surprised to see that after 10 hours, it still looked just about like what it looked like when I put it on that morning. Admittedly, I'm not sure if it was this alone, or the fact that I had a MAC Paint (in Bare Canvas) on (in place of a dedicated eye primer). Either way, this has become a staple in my morning routine... I just change out the eyeliner color to suit my mood and add a coat of mascara and I'm out the door.

I used to avoid MAC products because the MUAs working at the counters didn't seem particularly approachable, and their makeup seemed "loud," but after trying their eye makeup, I'm hooked. And, as an added bonus, they're cheaper than Armani/Nars/Chanel/Dior, too!

on 11/29/2010 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I never actually saw this product until I went to the CCO and it totally caught my eye!!! I am in love with this PP I mean you just put it on and ur good to go no need for eyeshadow or anything! LOVE ITTTT..I think is by far my favorite in my collection! this is a real MUST have! =)
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this to fill in my eyebrows!

on 8/3/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really great shadow base, particularly for darker smokey eyes or a bronze eye, but also under lighter colors to add depth.

Some readers are calling this a red brown, but I find it very middle of the road - not too gray, not too red. In fact, when you pair a lighter color on top the lighter color often morphs into a gray-ish taupe-y version of itself.

Also good on it's own. Very matte, very neutral, perfect for work. One thin layer magically covers all veins and shine on your lid without adding loads of color. Very buildable. I apply with my fingers, haven't tried a brush with it yet. Love the heavy glass packaging :)

I love this product. I am using to define my brows instead of a eye shadow (knew about this trick from Kandee Johnson) and I love this. it stays on all day long and I dont have to use a clear gel over (like with an eye shadow). I can touch my brows/face and don't be afraid the color will fade away. it's very natural, easily applied, easily removed, blends perfectly. I also use in on my lid for a brown smokey eyes as a base.

on 6/18/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Quite Natural is a medium dark brown, quite neutral without a reddish tint. It's a matte finish without any shimmer, but doesn't give that super flat matte look some powder eyeshadows or even other cream shadows with the same finish do. It seems a bit more lively, I really like that. The texture feels super comfortable on the skin, not heavy at all, is easily applied with the right brush (I like something similar to the 217), and doesn't dry out my eyelids.

I use this mainly for my slapdash daytime smokey eye. The PP applied thinly all over the lid -intensity build up in the crease -, a bit of dark brown gel eyeliner smudged in at the lashline, a healthy dose of mascara and I'm good to go. Very simple and sophisticated.

The intensity is buildable, so this one paintpot actually covers a lot of different brown shades from medium to dark. It also works very nicely as a base for a variety of powder eyeshadows. Overall it's just a very good staple product if you're looking for a plain brown that's subtle and natural.

on 6/12/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love love this product! I have really oily skin and single eyelid eyes which tend to "panda-fy" after a couple of hours especially with smokey eye make-up.

This paint pot is a matte brown colour thats creamy and blends really well with a black liquid eyeliner to give a smokey look that can be toned down for day or intensified for night. Mistakes are hard to correct tho so try to get it right upon application. 5 lippies for staying power - even after a vigorous clubbing session this stayed on fabulously. Removes easily with baby oil or eye makeup remover. And the best thing, I've had this since forever and it's not even halfway. Real value for money. <3

on 6/9/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay, I just bought this 3 days ago (at the CCO) and it's on the fast track to becoming Holy Grail for me. I'm a real stick in the mud when it comes to eyeshadow colors. It's totally neutral for me....browns, taupes, khaki, etc. So this little gem fits right into my comfort zone. I've been trying to find a replacement for the Smashbox waterproof shadow liner and this is it!

I quit using UDPP and TFSI because they were drying to my eyelids. When I used them under Painterly, the product didn't go on smoothly. Without the primers, they go on smoothly and stay on all day. I always top my paint pots off with dry shadow to set them.

I apply p/pots with my fingers. I think it works best that way because it warms up the product and makes it glide over your eyelid. I wish I would have bought two of these!

on 6/2/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's a dark dark brown color cream shadow. It's great as a base for dark eyeshadow looks or even a daytime brown smokey eye. I am a NC42/43 with a dark lid and this just makes my lid even darker. The only thing that bothers the heck out of me is the lid, if you don't close it properly the paint pot could end up drying out and that's just not cool considering the amount of money invested in a paint pot.

on 3/11/2010 12:38:00 AM

Like Lexi below I bought this to use on my brows after seeing it on Kandee on Youtube. It works perfectly for this purpose and it really does blend or smudge if you make a mistake. I like to use the 266 for application. I do notice that sometimes by the end of the day it wears away. I will go over it with a brow powder when I want real staying power. I think this little jar just might last forever for my brows! I haven't used it as an eye base yet but plan to try it. It isn't the prettiest color to wear alone so I doubt I will be doing that. We'll see.

Top Rated MAC Products