April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by normalgirlnyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finely-milled powder, virtually no scent, looked great (glowy and matte at the same time!) - but the effects disappear soon after. Maybe it's my combination skin, and the oil kind of sucks it all up -- it may work better if you had drier skin. Regardless, the effect disappears in a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally bit the bullet and shelled out $35 for Becca Loose Finishing and it has been worth every penny. This is simply the best loose powder for me. Sesame is perfect for my NC 25 skin. The powder is pretty stark-looking (nearly white) but when applied with a good brush, it simply dissapears into the skin. I thought Wheat would be a better match but it's actually slightly too peachy on my skin. Keep in mind that this is simply a finishing powder, which means that it will only set your foundation and cut down on shine. Loose powders don't offer any coverage. I even touch up with Becca over mineral foundation or my sunscreen to cut down on shine. I simply blot excess oil and very lightly dust my t-zone to refresh my make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by missgray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder! The finish on this is soooo natural! I use MAC's Select Tint because I like light coverage then I dust this on with MAC's 187 brush and my skin looks like it's glowing! I get so many compliments on my face and it's because of this powder. I just wish the packaging was made so that I can see how much product is left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Fruitini

I came across this product by chance as I was walking around the department store one day, picked up one of their brochures and saw it advertised as "smudge proof and water resistant" so I decided to give it a go. And boy am I glad I did since it's become a HG product for me!
I was using Laura Mercier previously and thought that was good, but Becca is even better. The texture of the powder is much finer and gives a much more natural finish, less cakey on the face. Also it really makes my Chanel foundation stay put all day (combination skin), even in searing Summer heat Down Under at the moment!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Broken_Princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder!!! Since starting accutane my skin has been slightly dry, but I still needed a powder to set my foundation. Pretty much every thing I tried dried me out or either made my pores look huge. This powder wears so wonderfully I can't even tell I have any on. It doesn't accentuate my pores or any flakies I may have. It really melts into my skin. The color match is wonderful as well I got mine in spice which is for medium skin with yellow undertones. This is most definately my HG powder. Some may think that $33 is a lot to pay but you really don't use that much, it should last for a while. If you have dry skin and haven't had any luck finding a good powder I recommend you try this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Joyness

The only really wonderful thing about this powder is the wonderful color range, and Mocha was a good match for my NC35/40 skin. No matter how I applied it though, it left me masky, and is a heavier powder than I like. It is a smooth powder, but always seemed to visibly sit on top rather than blending in and setting my foundation like I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 8:57:00 AM More reviews by itsjustme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Defo my HG loose powder, This is one of those rare powders that feels beautiful, smells beautiful, is beautiful. I have combination skin and am MAC NW50, colour not undertones, cocoa matched me perfectly, i think that they can match any color pwerfectly for powders and concealers for women of colour however mind their foundations as the undertones can be wack. It is not great for oil control but that is what MOM and if i need it my Sacha Kamouflage setting powder are for. This gives a natural finish which is hard to find and lasts loooong. Okay, it sounds expensive but you get looads of product. It gives a nice dewy finish and would be great for dry skinned girls as is the rest of the beccas range.

Hope this was useful.x
p.s, for best resukllts apply with their powder/bronzer brush though its so expensive you might have to knock down a few banks on the way there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by starrynight1

Lovely texture. I use spice and although this powder looks frighteningly light for my skin, it blends in nicely. I use this powder over the stick foundation for an absolutely lovely finish. The two go together and the finishing powder really seals in my foundation and keeps my skin looking flawless and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LovelyPuff

I love the look loose powder gives, but I never seemed to find one that matched my skin tone perfectly until I tried the Becca powder in Bisque. Despite the way the stuff looks in the container (almost white with some serious pink undertones), it looks amazing on my skin. I like that I can layer and retouch it without it looking cakey or powdery, and it never accentuates dry patches of skin.

I wouldn't recommend it for super-oily skin since it's not really meant as a mattifier. In the summer I was having some super-greasy days and the Becca really didn't help for longer than an hour or so. Now that the weather's turned colder, this powder is great for my combo skin.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I haven't experienced any increases in irritation or breakouts since using it. My main gripes are the price (you want how much for talc?!), the package (cute, but kinda messy) and the crappy puff that comes with it. It didn't really stand up to gentle washing. Not that it was ruined, but it's just not as fluffy as before. *shrugs* Still, I plan on repurchasing unless I find something a little cheaper.

A great loose powder overall! Looks natural and matches my skin like a dream.

Ingredients: Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: Iron Oxides CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499, Yellow 5 CI 1914O, Ultramarines CI 77007 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Flamingo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear this loose powder in 'Spice'. I use a brush to apply it as I find it gives a much more natural look. When I use the puff, I find the coverage is too heavy.

In all, the powder compliments the other products I've applied from the becca range beforehand and gives a natural look, like your not wearing any makeup.