July 31, 2014 | 1033 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bellabaluba

I bought this eyelid base/primer from a MAC counter. I am not sure why this product is listed as an eye shadow on MUA...

It is an ok primer, but I am not satisfied. The pot makes it so unhygienic to use the product, and it dries out quite quickly. A lot of product is wasted because it just dried out. I usually apply this with my finger, but as the product gets drier, I have found it easier to apply it with a brush.

I usually use this for special occasions where I have heavier eye makeup. The primer makes the eye shadows to stay on a bit longer, but not long enough. I still get oily lids.

This is my first eyeshadow primer/eyelid base, and I have not tried any other primers yet. But I definitely will not repurchase. For now, I am just trying to use up what I have left of the primer (which is not much, since a lot of it has dried out).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones and I have two dark blue, very noticeable veins under my eyes, so I have to slap on the concealer to cover them! Previously, I used Bobbi Brown's under eye corrector along with Mac's studio finish concealer in NC15, it worked well but creased a lot. I went to MAC and the SA suggested that I try this eye paint in soft ochre to correct and then use my NC15 concealer. I am so happy she convinced me to check this out! It's amazing. The soft ochre on it's own is a little too dark/yellow, but once I add my NC15 concealer it's amazing! It covers my dark blue under eye veins, it primes extremely well and it doesn't crease nearly as much as the Bobbi Brown corrector! Very minimal at most. I love this stuff, I also use it as an eyeshadow base ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

I stupidly bought this to use as a natural eyeshadow, it doesn't suit my skin colour at all and creases horribly. This is only salvageable if using primer before hand and setting with darker powder eye shadow. It doesn't blend into the skin nicely, kind of just sits on top of the eyelid like a obvious coat of paint. I haven't used this more than a couple of times since I bought it years ago and it has now completely dried out, so all in all a waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what I wear under any color shadow or when I want the Dita Von Teese intensified cat eyeliner look as it is the perfect neutral.

I prefer this over the UD Primer Potion and my TFSI.

Dries matte and does not budge or crease.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this to work so badly but i have mixed feelings about this product. It is creamy when I take a little on my finger but when I apply it on my eyelids it sort of dry out. And sadly it's too light for my nc25 skin tone to wear it on its own. I would love to wear this with some eyeliner but it almost made me sick looking. I will use it but I won't repurchase it. Maybe I will buy the Mac paint pot in painterly.
I give it 3 lippies because I do love that it doesn't crease the first 6/7 hours while I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far one of the best bases I've found. I own three shades of Mac Paint Pots (Soft Ocher, Indianwood, and constructivist.) I apply this after using an eyeshadow primer and it works perfectly. I have combination skin and my eyelids tend to get quite oily and this lasts all day from the moment I put it on (In the morning or early afternoon) until I remove my makeup at the end of the day. You can wear it by itself or with eyeshadow on top of it and either way it works great. It doesn't crease at all throughout the day and it makes any eyeshadow look a lot more pigmented and vibrant. The packaging is nice and high quality looking and feeling. I'm on my second one of these and will continue to repurchase them when I run out. I have had no problems with the product drying out and they last a long time considering I use this product quite frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Perthgirl

This is my second MAC paint pot (my other is Rubenesque) and it was purchased because I was looking for a matte eyeshadow base. My skin has yellow undertones so Soft Ochre is perfect. For my very oily lids my failsafe routine is primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance), followed by Soft Ochre as a base, then eye shadow. This combination works a treat for me, I get all day (10 hours+) creaseless shadow, and intense colours. The consistency is firm but creamy to apply, a thin layer does the job beautifully, a thicker application looks chalky and not appealing at all. Therefore (providing it doesn't dry out) my current pot will last me ages.

Price: at $35 here in Australia I think this is quite pricey. Maybelline color tattoos are $12 and Too Faced Shadow Insurance is around $27 - so it's definitely at the top end of our price range.

Packaging: the glass pot is definitely good quality and feels high end, but for product longevity (in terms of the product drying out) or hygiene, it's by far not the best option.

Overall: Maybelline Color Tattoos work just as well as the MAC Paint Pots IMO but unfortunately MCT's don't have the colour or finish range.
For the colour and quality I love this product but don't love the price. I would repurchase it, but mostly for lack of another good option. One lippy deducted for high cost and non hygienic packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as an eye shadow primer and I love it so much! I can't even put it in words. I will repurchase again again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by swanvic

This is the second paint pot in my collection and unfortunately, the second one that disappoints me(I also have Painterly). This one is much better for my skin tone and it cancels out all redness/darkness on my eyelid, but like Painterly, it doesn't work for me as an eyeshadow base. I have oily eyelids and this product does not prevent my e/s from creasing, no more than 2 hours at least. It also needs to be blended quite well or else it will look a little weird and patchy in some areas of your eyelid. I don't know if I would buy this paint pot again because I was mainly looking for an e/s base that could also cancel the darkness on my lids(otherwise I have the Too Faced Shadow Insurance which I love), and this does only the latter but it does so very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by laureg

I originally bought this as a shadow primer, but forgot my undereye concealer one day, and decided to try this to see what would happen. I am in LOVE with soft ochre as an allover lid and undereye concealer, and it matches my skin *perfectly*. All I need is a very thin layer, blended well, and I have no lines, no crepiness, no separating- this stays put until I take it off. I have very dark undereye circles, and a thin layer of the paint pot does a better job of concealing than a more heavily applied heavy-duty concealer (like Dermablend, etc.). This has become an HG staple for me, and I would be devastated if MAC discontinued it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No