September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I love using this as an eyeshadow primer. It makes even the cheapest eyeshadow stay on all day. I have been looking for something like this forever since I mainly only use eye makeup and love eyeshadow. This is the only product I will use as my primer. It is a bit pricey but lasts forever. MACs best product in my opinion. I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switch between using this and Painterly as eyeshadow primers.

Soft Ochre is certainly more yellow on my very fair skin (NW10, freckled), however, I have a lot of purple on my eyelids and so the yellow works perfectly to cover the purple and give me a nice base to apply eyeshadow colors.

It's excellent as a primer and base for all eyeshadows except for stark white or light colors with blue undertones. That's when I use Painterly instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by smashforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying- my eyelids suck. Hooded, oily, has a weird tendency to get flaky. It's a nightmare to work with. And because of that, I REALLY need to be on top of my game when it comes to using primers.

At first, I really didnt like using this paint pot as a primer because it just ended up creasing constantly with or without eyeshadow. It was a pain to gauge the right amount to get on my fingers and blend before it sets and pulls at my lid. I just ended up setting it aside for days I want to go for a cut crease look and needed to amplify a shadow color. So I just went back to using UDPP or NARS Smudge Proof, which are both tried and true primers for me. Recently, I ran out of both and being on a tight budget recently, I couldn't just go out and drop $20+ on a new eye primer. So I figured using the paint pot again wouldn't hurt. But THIS TIME, I applied it using Urban Decay's synthetic shadow brush (it's the flat side of the dual-ended brush that came with the Naked 2 palette). AND OH MY DAMN. Using that brush helps get the right amount of product smoothed over my entire lid without dragging or scratching. And I don't have to worry too much about using too much or too little because the brush just evens everything out and does the work for me. I also like to use Soft Ochre + the eyeshadow brush to outline my brows(then blend out) to make it super defined.

Sorry for the rambling, but what I'm trying to say with this review is that if the product isn't working as well as you'd like, trydifferent ways of applying. Hey, better to try than to waste, right?

For reference, I'm NC30-35 in Mac Pro Longwear foundation with oily sensitive skin

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Soft Ochre leans a little yellow on me, otherwise it's a great primer for eye shadow. Not a fan of how fast they seem to dry up though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

How do I like this product? Let me count the ways....

I'll start off by saying that I don't wear eyeshadow that often so the primary purpose of this product is not to keep eyeshadow on my lid. It is however great at hiding all the uneveness, redness, blotchiness on my upper lid, does a fantastic job. Recently I've found another use for it... I started applying this directly on my eyebrows before applying my eyebrow pencil and you know what? My "eyebrows" stay put all day!!! Yowsa!!!!

You just need a little bit. I've had this product for at least 6 months and it's not even halfway through. Sure it is dryer than other products but I moisturize my eyes well and I keep the product closed at all times. It's a bit of a bummer to have to go and stick my fingers in there every time I use it (i.e. every morning), however my hands are always clean before I use the product and it works so damn well that this is not enough to discourage me from repurchasing.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bellabaluba

I bought this eyelid base/primer from a MAC counter. I am not sure why this product is listed as an eye shadow on MUA...

It is an ok primer, but I am not satisfied. The pot makes it so unhygienic to use the product, and it dries out quite quickly. A lot of product is wasted because it just dried out. I usually apply this with my finger, but as the product gets drier, I have found it easier to apply it with a brush.

I usually use this for special occasions where I have heavier eye makeup. The primer makes the eye shadows to stay on a bit longer, but not long enough. I still get oily lids.

This is my first eyeshadow primer/eyelid base, and I have not tried any other primers yet. But I definitely will not repurchase. For now, I am just trying to use up what I have left of the primer (which is not much, since a lot of it has dried out).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones and I have two dark blue, very noticeable veins under my eyes, so I have to slap on the concealer to cover them! Previously, I used Bobbi Brown's under eye corrector along with Mac's studio finish concealer in NC15, it worked well but creased a lot. I went to MAC and the SA suggested that I try this eye paint in soft ochre to correct and then use my NC15 concealer. I am so happy she convinced me to check this out! It's amazing. The soft ochre on it's own is a little too dark/yellow, but once I add my NC15 concealer it's amazing! It covers my dark blue under eye veins, it primes extremely well and it doesn't crease nearly as much as the Bobbi Brown corrector! Very minimal at most. I love this stuff, I also use it as an eyeshadow base ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

I stupidly bought this to use as a natural eyeshadow, it doesn't suit my skin colour at all and creases horribly. This is only salvageable if using primer before hand and setting with darker powder eye shadow. It doesn't blend into the skin nicely, kind of just sits on top of the eyelid like a obvious coat of paint. I haven't used this more than a couple of times since I bought it years ago and it has now completely dried out, so all in all a waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what I wear under any color shadow or when I want the Dita Von Teese intensified cat eyeliner look as it is the perfect neutral.

I prefer this over the UD Primer Potion and my TFSI.

Dries matte and does not budge or crease.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this to work so badly but i have mixed feelings about this product. It is creamy when I take a little on my finger but when I apply it on my eyelids it sort of dry out. And sadly it's too light for my nc25 skin tone to wear it on its own. I would love to wear this with some eyeliner but it almost made me sick looking. I will use it but I won't repurchase it. Maybe I will buy the Mac paint pot in painterly.
I give it 3 lippies because I do love that it doesn't crease the first 6/7 hours while I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids.